"I'm drinking a lot of Budweisers after the game." | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

"I'm drinking a lot of Budweisers after the game."

What a bunch of Candy @$$E$... I don't care if he owns the entire company, it was a great line and all the more reason I root for him.

Congrats Peyton, congrats Broncos. We lost an icon from the game last night, instead of whining about the umpteenth thing in regards to him, enjoy him for what he is because he's never walking back on that field again.

View attachment 55360
Good, I hope he never walks back on that field again. He's the shining example of playing the media game to make sure no one ever questions you or calls you out.

He's called out teammates, harassed trainers, and walked off the field a sore loser without shaking hands, not to mention the HGH allegations. But because of all his buddies in the media you'll never hear about any of it. Good riddance Peyton.

There is no such thing as an excellent adjunct lager. Sorry but if you're adding rice or other cheap fermentables then excellence should not be considered part of the equation. Reinheitsgebot.
The Germans brought over to the US an adjunct grain recipe in the early 1840's and that was a change from ales and one that the American people grew fond of...an American Lager.
BTW,I thoroughly enjoy drinking Spaten and Franziskaner Weisse which are both owned by Anheuser-Busch InBev so they do still practice the 1516 German Beer Purity Law.

A beer and a snack - all in one!
12647498_1020193691387166_6312251533574761915_n.jpg

Good, I hope he never walks back on that field again. He's the shining example of playing the media game to make sure no one ever questions you or calls you out.

He's called out teammates, harassed trainers, and walked off the field a sore loser without shaking hands, not to mention the HGH allegations. But because of all his buddies in the media you'll never hear about any of it. Good riddance Peyton.

I, too, disagree with the first 3 things you mention, I would never do those things. But, having open dialogue about teammates isn't always a bad thing. The only specific example I can think of is Vanderjagt, who was an idiot. The trainers thing is here say, and as far as being a sore loser, so he walked off pissed off a couple times, so what? I can name 30 x's the examples where he showed more grace under fire than 99.5 % of the league's talent,

The HGH stuff, as you said, nothing but allegations.

The Germans brought over to the US an adjunct grain recipe in the early 1840's and that was a change from ales and one that the American people grew fond of...an American Lager.
BTW,I thoroughly enjoy drinking Spaten and Franziskaner Weisse which are both owned by Anheuser-Busch InBev so they do still practice the 1516 German Beer Purity Law.
My understanding is that the american adjunct lager was the result of a couple of things. The fact that light flavor Pilsners were very popular with the immigrants coming from Europe and the fact that 2-row malts were not readily available in this country at that time. 6-row malt was used but was too heavy to create the light Pilsners that people enjoyed, so those brewers in American decided to 'cut' the beer with adjuncts to lighten both the color and body of a traditional lager essentially trying to mimic a pilsner. I've never heard of Germans bringing an adjunct recipe with them but if it is true would love to know more. American adjuncts were the result of the type of malt available, and what they found would work to cut the heaviness of using such malts. As for the Spaten/Franzikaner statement, those aren't American adjunct lagers. I didn't say InBev was an evil beer corporation, just that calling american adjuncts 'excellent' is like calling ramen noodles excellent. I mean the whole purpose of adjuncts is to make the beer cheaper to produce, and to cut the body/flavor profile. I'm just not sure why people think that's a good thing.

Must be a Pats fan... seems those are the ones that don't like the Manning's. calling out Manning for what you perceive to be character issues is laughable. Guy is arguably classiest guy to ever play in the NFL. Loved by the media? Damn right he is, he is also very smart.

Last edited:
Must be a Pats fan... seems those are the ones that don't like the Manning's. calling out Manning for what you perceive to be character issues is laughable. Guy is arguably classiest guy to ever play in the NFL. Loved by the media? Damn right he is, he is also very smart.
I might be a Pats fan, but I'm calling it like it is.

If Brady was the one with HGH allegations everyone in the media would've called him guilty. Peyton? NO WAY he could have done that, they all said.

Brady never threw his O-Line under the bus in a post game presser, and he had every reason to after the AFC Championship this year.

People still think deflategate was a real thing.

Scooch said:
Yeah, I'm no beer snob, but I like living in a world where I can drink good stuff. I don't long for the days when these were what the father's in my neighborhood drank at summer BBQs...

You forgot this neighborhood dads beer.

image-3114663483.jpg

I might be a Pats fan, but I'm calling it like it is.

If Brady was the one with HGH allegations everyone in the media would've called him guilty. Peyton? NO WAY he could have done that, they all said.

Brady never threw his O-Line under the bus in a post game presser, and he had every reason to after the AFC Championship this year.

People still think deflategate was a real thing.

You are a Pats fan and you are not calling it like it is. You are calling it like a Pats fan with your Tom Brady goggles on. Always goes to Brady in this argument. I don't hate Brady either. I am not a Broncos, Colts or Pats fan and my opinion is Manning is a great ambassador for the game as is Eli and Archie.

The throwing under bus stuff is nonsense too. I saw Jeff Saturday give Manning a congrats hug last night, the scars must have healed. I am sure there are players that dislike him and Brady, quite a few they probably aren't easy to play with.

It's OK not to like the guy but the shots at his character ring hollow for the most part, I think you are reaching because you are a Pats fan and a Manning just won another super bowl and Tom drinks green goddess smoothies not Budweiser.

Last edited:
I have absolutely nothing to base this on, but that Papa John guy annoys me.
Color me annoyed as well. At times i want to kick his teeth in... probably because he has the gall to call his garbage " pizza".

Yeah, but there are enough standard lagers out there that taste like actual beer instead of Bud's beer-flavored water.
Have to agree ! Bud is just terrible Oneof the worst beers I have ever tasted I like other AB products but Bud is only good for headache.

I don't care that he did it, but I feel bad for the guy that he did. I mean give yourself one organic moment for God's sake. Say what you will about Cam, but he was real last night.

Hey Lincoln, he said Spaten.

You are a Pats fan and you are not calling it like it is. You are calling it like a Pats fan with your Tom Brady goggles on. Always goes to Brady in this argument. I don't hate Brady either. I am not a Broncos, Colts or Pats fan and my opinion is Manning is a great ambassador for the game as is Eli and Archie.

The throwing under bus stuff is nonsense too. I saw Jeff Saturday give Manning a congrats hug last night, the scars must have healed. I am sure there are players that dislike him and Brady, quite a few they probably aren't easy to play with.

It's OK not to like the guy but the shots at his character ring hollow for the most part, I think you are reaching because you are a Pats fan and a Manning just won another super bowl and Tom drinks green goddess smoothies not Budweiser.

Manning and Brady are great, end of story.

Why take shots other than jealousy about what they accomplished. A public figure wants to manage his image, the horror, what an ahole.

Anybody know what Von Miller drinks? Sad the MVP got so little face time. I was flipping channels and got to hear Peyton's Bud commercial twice, sandwiched by the obligatory "I'm going to Disneyland".

Peyton sounded like a Nascar driver after a win,
It was kinda brutal, along with the Papa Johns BS. Bud is a headache in a bottle, a poor representative of an American product! !! If I am going to drink a 3% watery brew it's gonna be a UC or Miller.

(A) The only reason to get upset about the Budweiser comment is because it is an iconic multinational company struggling against the efforts of the rebel alliance that is local craft brewing;

(B) The Reinheitsgebot is a joke and no one follows it -- no one can follow it because it was created before anyone knew what yeast was or the role it played in brewing. Included in the law are all known ingredients but yeast (arguably one of, if not THE, most important) is not one of them.

Anybody know what Von Miller drinks? Sad the MVP got so little face time. I was flipping channels and got to hear Peyton's Bud commercial twice, sandwiched by the obligatory "I'm going to Disneyland".
Eh, he's more of a 'smoker'.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom