I'm excited that the Mets finally signed Cespedes | Syracusefan.com

I'm excited that the Mets finally signed Cespedes

NYCSUGrad

All Conference
Yes we almost certainly overpaid especially if we get just one year out of him and his production this season resembles October's rather than August's, but it would have been awful to lose him to the Nats. He's a flake but a NY team can handle flakes, as long as they don't break rules, laws or cause stupid injuries to themselves because of said flakiness. Or get complacent and lazy, which he has been accused of before.

Im glad they got him and didn't have to give him a 6 or 7 year deal. It will help us now, and we can sign our young pitchers down the road.

Im glad they got him and didn't have to give him a 6 or 7 year deal. It will help us now, and we can sign our young pitchers down the road.
I just read some quotes from his fellow players and they were very enthusiastic which indicates good team chemistry. That's important for any sport but especially one that lasts 162 games before the post season.

Let's hope he brings his july/august bat and not his september/october bat with him. I think he was more hurt in the playoffs than he let on but the bigger problem is that in the playoffs I think teams are much more focused in on what they'll give to a hitter. He basically stopped seeing anything in his hot zone and started seeing a lot of stuff up high that he couldn't reach and he never corrected. I don't think Cespedes will change his approach, but that's fine for the regular season.. I'll worry about the playoffs when/if the qualify.

I really really wish they could package deaza/lagares for a legit SS but that's never going to happen. Oh well I think NL East title is the expectation... Cubs/Pirates/Cards/Diamondbacks/Dodgers/Giants are probably all going to be better than the Mets from a lineup perspective but no one is matching the pitching depth.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom