I'm not too upset about the loss | Syracusefan.com

I'm not too upset about the loss

IthacaMatt

Old Timer / Unofficial Contributor for 25+ years
We got so blitzed in the first 5 minutes, and even after the first reply from Dungy, Louisville had us down 35-7. For a stretch of about 2 quarters, we outplayed them to bring it to 42-28 and the score stayed there for 2 or 3 drives.

If it wasn't for Louisville players cramping up, we could have had a couple more scores. The first one I believed, but after that, I thought a couple of them were BS, seeing as how it was usually when we were right down at their end of the field.

That kid Lamar Jackson looks more talented than Jamies Winston used to be for Florida State. Holy Cow that kid is a remarkable talent, although he was missing some throws in the second half, and his receivers dropped a lot of balls.

Our offense is going to score against anybody this year. That's kind of exciting. But I was shocked at the sparse attendance. I figured that the Fair and lack of quality opponent was the reason for the poor crowd versus Colgate, but this looked even worse, which was awfully hard to make sense of.

Especially if Louisville ends up beating fsu Clemson and /or becomes a top 5 team, possibly a heismann QB. This loss may not look too bad in a few months.

As much as it pained us to watch that, I think it was good for the team to play such a quality opponent this early. I thought the kids responded well given the 35-7 score. By the end we were gassed, and all the warts (youth, inexperience, lack of depth, new system) showed. take away the first 5 minutes of the game, we probably look better all the way around.

Louisville's offensive stats were inflated thanks to too many big plays. It may not be this season, but I'm sure the coaches will get that fixed. The O-Line needs major help as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom