I'm sick of Phil | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

I'm sick of Phil

I'm asking if the people who are critical of his results have anything constructive to suggest, or an informed rationale for the hate.

When someone says, with true middle-school pride, that a high-profile professional "sucks," i'd sorta like to hear more specifics on what he could have done differently.

I personally don't care one way or the other, aside from acknowledging that the Triangle is a limiting device when you don't have multiple all stars to run it/compensate for it.
Jackson has failed to get a quality head coach.

It's a lot harder to find a head coach when you significantly limit the pool you're searching from.
Let's hope this won't be JB's issue as well...

Knicks411 said:
Certainly didn't intend that as a defense of Phil. At least he went hard after Kerr.

And if he had landed him, he would have handcuffed him with the stupid triangle.

I hate the pompous nature of his "Do they have 11 rings?" in questioning anyone who would see fit to question what the he-- his plan is for the Knicks. NOt one reporter could come back with "well Phil - Michael, Shaq and Kobe played a large role in all 11 of those, what is the plan to get that quality player here".

Jackson and Pat Riley's greatest skill - knowing when to get out from coaching and then protecting that legacy at all costs.
He wasn't able to win without Michael, the 2 years away, so he isn't as great as he thinks he is.

Check out the zags podcast. Kenny Anderson talked about triangle, phil and the Knicks for a bit. He seemed to be saying what a lot of you are about how constricting the strategy is and when asked how to fix it he went on to say how "political" the nba can be. Not sure if he shed any more light than here but it was good bit from a new york guy who still cares for the nets and knicks.

phil is going to hire kurt rambis. the worst nba coach in the history of man. because kurt acts like mini-phil and strokes phil's ego. rambis is like 30-150 as a head coach. the guy is a stooge. ainge goes and hires the best young coach in the game, and look at how the Celtics are trending. Jackson hires fisher who is gone after a year lol.

let me preface myself by saying that I don't care about the knicks. I care about Carmelo. I had hoped that he could work something out in NY, but he needs to get the F out and try to win a title somewhere while he can still play. NY is an unfixable mess, phil Jackson is a tool, and kurt rambis sucks.

phil is going to hire kurt rambis. the worst nba coach in the history of man. because kurt acts like mini-phil and strokes phil's ego. rambis is like 30-150 as a head coach. the guy is a stooge. ainge goes and hires the best young coach in the game, and look at how the Celtics are trending. Jackson hires fisher who is gone after a year lol.

let me preface myself by saying that I don't care about the knicks. I care about Carmelo. I had hoped that he could work something out in NY, but he needs to get the F out and try to win a title somewhere while he can still play. NY is an unfixable mess, phil Jackson is a tool, and kurt rambis sucks.

Carmelo leaving NY would probably be good for both parties, IMO. Melo is also aging in dog years at this point.