I'm still feeling optimistic, but I'm not apologizing this time | Syracusefan.com

I'm still feeling optimistic, but I'm not apologizing this time

Orangemen

All Conference
With JB back on the bench, we've now basically beaten an apparently very good Clemson team, and killed 2 bottom feeder ACC teams. Nationally, no one will see what is happening here, but we can all see it. This team has turned a corner.

I'm still expecting losses in the next 2 games, but I would not be surprised if we picked up one of them.

if this team does win one of the next 2 games, they will make the NCAA's.

Does the committee give you credit for basically winning games, Today was very impressive, Wake is improved, and we dismantled them.
They don't, but I do!

Long live moral victories.

and killed 2 bottom feeder ACC teams.
Wake isn't a bottom feeder. As recent as last week, a lot of people were regarding them as a tourney team. They're in a funk right now, but they also have some very good OOC wins. They'll finish middle of the pack ACC and have an outside shot at getting a bid.

They don't, but I do!

Long live moral victories.
B0uxp0sCEAAt2tH.jpg

With JB back on the bench, we've now basically beaten an apparently very good Clemson team, and killed 2 bottom feeder ACC teams. Nationally, no one will see what is happening here, but we can all see it. This team has turned a corner.

I'm still expecting losses in the next 2 games, but I would not be surprised if we picked up one of them.

Hey, team has a lot of upside...

Coleman giving us something inside...Howard giving us some quality minutes...Lydon getting his confidence back...Roberson giving more consistency...

Still have weaknesses though...very foul-prone and thin on the inside and still too reliant on having to shoot well to win...

We'll see...

I see what you are seeing, however...lots of room to still improve as season progresses...this team is nowhere near being a finished product...

couple more ifs.

The fact we opened up play with at pitt and at miami two physical defensive teams should get a mention. Really hard to start that way.

gtown and st johns being bad losses we play zone, ball pressuring isn't our strongsuit.

I have an email I will be composing to six friends (and a brother) who are diehard Duke fans. Normally, I would focus on how bad our season has been, we probably won't make it into the NCAAs, throw in a little humor, but be very humble and deprecating about my team's chances.

I shall NOT be doing this! I am going to write a very upbeat, anything can happen email and I am going to believe the heck out of what I write. This will be a great challenge and I look forward to it.

I'm with you, Orangemen. No apologies!

This will end up being the double digit seed that nobody wants to play.

Book it

Hopkins coached Clemson game. JB had NC.

With JB back on the bench, we've now basically beaten an apparently very good Clemson team

If you had told me 5 months ago that we would feel optimistic after almost beating Clemson at home, I would have started crying if I thought you were referring to basketball and not football.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom