Important Non-Hottie Announcement: Whose Line returns tonight | Syracusefan.com

Important Non-Hottie Announcement: Whose Line returns tonight

jekelish

Living Legend
I know there are a lot of Whose Line fans around here, and in case you were unaware, the new version (still featuring Ryan, Colin, and Wayne) is returning tonight on CW.

Apparently they are going to have "celebrity" guests on every show, it appears. Two episodes tonight and one features Maggie from Walking Dead, and the other has the kid in the wheelchair (who isn't really in a wheelchair) from Glee. Have to assume that's going to be the pattern rather than having them find a permanent full time fourth person, though I'd have preferred they stick with rotating in Greg Proops and Chip Esten. I know Esten has a solid acting career going on, but hell, Proops hasn't done anything lately, so why not give him a few episodes?

I agree with you on 99% of all humor related stuff jekelish, but couldn't disagree with you more on WLIIA. Improv comedy sucks. These guys are literally the best in their field, and it's still just mediocre at it's finest.

Couple this with all of the countless amateurs that love improv (many inspired by this show) who think they're good at it (they're not), this show has made the world a less awesome place to live.

When I think of improv, the two terms that come to mind are a) douche chills and b) cringe worthy.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

I agree that MOST improv comedy sucks, but Ryan Stiles and Colin Mochrie are genuinely funny dudes. I admit I never much cared much for anyone else on the show, but I get excited whenever I see those two pop up anywhere because, again...genuinely funny. The best thing about Whose Line, honestly, is seeing all of the outtakes that never make it to air. That's when they are at their best.

Plus, Ryan was hilarious in Hot Shots Part Deux ("It's locked, from the inside!" as they come upon a 3 foot high white picket fence).

I loved Whose line and I thought Drew Carey helped make it much more funnier. I don't think it will be as funny as it was without him.

I missed it last night. They better do sound effects with people from the crowd.