In other news Uconn just got a commitment | Syracusefan.com

In other news Uconn just got a commitment

He's a 3-star on scout, rated as 30th best center prospect in 2012. a few people tweeted out it's a really good get for it being May 3rd. He might start. Not sure they have any other centers on the roster.

That is great for them. Seriously. They just about have to start from scratch. And no matter what we may say its tough to see one of our best rivals fall on really hard times. Remember there but for the grace of god go us.

Nolan is from just down the road (Milwaukee) so I know a little bit about him. He has good athleticism for a center but he hasn't sharpened his skills yet. I know Yukon is desperate for bodies but Nolan is a project that will need some time before he is a consistent contributor.

Nolan is from just down the road (Milwaukee) so I know a little bit about him. He has good athleticism for a center but he hasn't sharpened his skills yet. I know Yukon is desperate for bodies but Nolan is a project that will need some time before he is a consistent contributor.

Well he'll be thrown to the wolves next year - can't see how he doesn't get at least 15 minutes per game unless the staff can pull a few more rabbits out of their hat. Not the worst scenario for a project - he'll get some good experience next year in games that ultimately don't matter a whole lot.

And regardling Paulie breaking the news on our board - nobody had any clue that Uconn was even recruiting him. He's never visited and his own high school coach said that he was "shocked" to hear he committed to Uconn.

Well he'll be thrown to the wolves next year - can't see how he doesn't get at least 15 minutes per game unless the staff can pull a few more rabbits out of their hat. Not the worst scenario for a project - he'll get some good experience next year in games that ultimately don't matter a whole lot.

And regardling Paulie breaking the news on our board - nobody had any clue that Uconn was even recruiting him. He's never visited and his own high school coach said that he was "shocked" to hear he committed to Uconn.

It was definitely out of the blue, st johns thought he was a lock for them

Here in Wisconsin many people thought he was a lock for Marquette, from the way it sounds Buzz isn't a happy camper!

This is off topic, but perused redmen.com to check out their reaction to this and came across this little perfectly delusional gem:

Syracuse can be in a very tough spot if the ball doesn't bounce right for them. STJ and Syracuse will be VERY close this year in terms of on-court success. I think the world of Triche and all that he brings to Syracuse as a senior, but he is the only thing that might make them a better team that us next year. If we surpass them this year--certainly by next year, IMO--that makes things so much tougher. If all of the Big East teams ban together in protest, Syracuse will have a tough time finding an opponent to draw fans to the Garden. Remember, we supply a ton of fans to the SU-STJ games and the CVC and NIT have huge named opponents. Without STJ, would 8-10,000 fans be enough for MSG to give Syracuse a weekend date?

http://www.redmen.com/forum/4-redme...oard-at-yankee-stadium.html?limit=10&start=20

Sweet highlight tape. Shows him making 2 layups and 3 fast break dunks. He's 6'10. I can do that.

6'10" 205? That is one scrawny kid! He will get eaten alive by DC2 and other big bodies. Imagine him trying to box out Cooley?! lol.

This is off topic, but perused redmen.com to check out their reaction to this and came across this little perfectly delusional gem:

Syracuse can be in a very tough spot if the ball doesn't bounce right for them. STJ and Syracuse will be VERY close this year in terms of on-court success. I think the world of Triche and all that he brings to Syracuse as a senior, but he is the only thing that might make them a better team that us next year. If we surpass them this year--certainly by next year, IMO--that makes things so much tougher. If all of the Big East teams ban together in protest, Syracuse will have a tough time finding an opponent to draw fans to the Garden. Remember, we supply a ton of fans to the SU-STJ games and the CVC and NIT have huge named opponents. Without STJ, would 8-10,000 fans be enough for MSG to give Syracuse a weekend date?

http://www.redmen.com/forum/4-redme...oard-at-yankee-stadium.html?limit=10&start=20

That is literally one of the dumbest assessments I've ever read.

My prediction: SU again contends for the top spot in the conference, whereas St. John's remains decidedly mediocre.

6'10" 205? That is one scrawny kid! He will get eaten alive by DC2 and other big bodies. Imagine him trying to box out Cooley?! lol.

I know UConn is scrambling for bodies at this point but I wonder if he red shirts next year. It's not like they are going anywhere at the end of the season anyway.

I know UConn is scrambling for bodies at this point but I wonder if he red shirts next year. It's not like they are going anywhere at the end of the season anyway.
definitely not

If they redshirt the few guys left that are on scholarship, who is actually going to play?

The more likely scenario is JC uses him as much as he can or needs to, then recruits over him next year when they are back in the tournament and then gives him his walking papers the following year. He still may end up at St. John's or Marquette for his junior and senior years, so Buzz and Lavin shouldn't give up yet.

Here in Wisconsin many people thought he was a lock for Marquette, from the way it sounds Buzz isn't a happy camper!

Well, he doesn't sound like quite so much of a project if St. John's and Marquette wanted him.

Just got a German combo forward named Leon Tolksdorf.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom