Incorrect "Home" link | Syracusefan.com

Incorrect "Home" link

Conrad13

All Conference
When I click on the Home link at the top left of the page it takes me to http://.com/. Not that there's anything wrong with this, but I don't think that it is the home page that Syracusefan has in mind.

Yep - I see the same thing.

es37n.jpg

yep me too. I inboxed bees to let him know and he is investigating. None of us need Bill Simmons staring us in the face when we least expect it.

Serious? Like in we are migrating again?
No, no migrations going on. But the link was intentionally added. I've been talking to temery, and with my site having no real message board, and this board having no real front page original content, I proposed linking the two sites together, and he and CTO have been very open to the idea.

I don't know if I was supposed to say anything yet since it was actually just this morning that temery told me that we're completely good to go, and we're still trying to figure out exactly how we want to link the sites, but yeah, that's the long and short of things!

No, no migrations going on. But the link was intentionally added. I've been talking to temery, and with my site having no real message board, and this board having no real front page original content, I proposed linking the two sites together, and he and CTO have been very open to the idea.

I don't know if I was supposed to say anything yet since it was actually just this morning that temery told me that we're completely good to go, and we're still trying to figure out exactly how we want to link the sites, but yeah, that's the long and short of things!

Well okay - that is a good idea. But does it HAVE to be Bill Simmons staring at me???

yep me too. I inboxed bees to let him know and he is investigating. None of us need Bill Simmons staring us in the face when we least expect it.
If all goes as planned for the next article on there, you'll have a much more attractive face staring back at you at some point tomorrow, if that helps.

Hint: she's a Michigan grad, but a Syracuse native, and agreed to do a Q&A with me.

Last edited:
If all goes as planned for the next article on there, you'll have a much more attractive face staring back at you at some point tomorrow, if that helps.

Hint: she's a Michigan grad, but a Syracuse native, and agreed to do a Q&A with me because she has a connection to someone on this board.

Mike Hart is the only one that comes to mind - but the "she" seems to eliminate him :)

Mike Hart is the only one that comes to mind - but the "she" seems to eliminate him :)
She looks equally good in an evening gown and a bikini, if that helps narrow it down.

Again - SHOULD have it posted tomorrow. Working on getting it done overnight, but I can't say with 100% certainty it'll be up. Thought it would be a good time to talk to her with the Michigan game tomorrow night.

I respectfully do not support the merge.
Well, I respectfully remind you that you're not required to read any content that I plan on writing completely for free and can continue to just read the board instead.

Good idea. I like it. The link for the message boards is one more click at the top of the "home page"/

Well, I respectfully remind you that you're not required to read any content that I plan on writing completely for free and can continue to just read the board instead.

If I want to read your articles I'll go to your site. If I want to read the message boards I'll go to SyracuseFan.com. Those two should remain separate. This is all imo and has nothing to do with your writing.

If I want to read your articles I'll go to your site. If I want to read the message boards I'll go to SyracuseFan.com. Those two should remain separate. This is all imo and has nothing to do with your writing.
And if you type in "syracusefan.com" it'll bring you to this site. Not sure what the issue is here.

What is the benefit to SyracuseFan.com?
Free content?

What's the benefit to me? I don't make any money off of my site. I do it 100% for free. I haven't made a dime off of it.

What the hell is your big issue? You don't have to visit the site. You don't have any obligation to go anywhere near it. As I've said already, typing in "syracusefan.com" will bring you right here and you can pretend my site doesn't exist.

How on earth does this impact you at all, considering you don't have any actual stake in Syracusefan other than being a poster? I don't get your negative attitude here. It's remarkably uncalled for.

But you are not the only one that provides free content here. Tom, SWC, the list goes on and on. That's the beauty of this place, everyone contributes.

I know the benefit for you, and I obviously understand why you'd want to do this. Just seems odd that we'd pick one person to highlight when there are many great posters.

But you are not the only one that provides free content here. Tom, SWC, the list goes on and on. That's the beauty of this place, everyone contributes.

I know the benefit for you, and I obviously understand why you'd want to do this. Just seems odd that we'd pick one person to highlight when there are many great posters.
I don't see how it's "highlighting" a poster. It's not stopping anyone from reading what Tomcat or SWC posts. And again - no one needs to click on my site. And as I said - the only benefit for me is maybe a couple dozen extra eyeballs now and then. That's it. There's no financial gain here. At best, I'm hoping I can generate any ad revenue to pay the tab for the monthly site hosting fees for my site.

Really baffled by the fact you're so offended about this.

Ok it looks like they changed the home tab and gave you you're own tab. I like that much better.

Ok it looks like they changed the home tab and gave you you're own tab. I like that much better.
I'm perfectly fine with that as well. Works for me.

I can't understand why additional content you don't have to read would bother you. Its not like a popup bugging you or something you simply click if you want to see it nothing else.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom