Indoor Practice Center live webcam | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Indoor Practice Center live webcam

It is my understanding that there will be a camera platform. The facility is a bit bare boned, but as noted above, it is not dramatically different from the facilities of some of the best run ADs in the P5. There was a conscious effort to make the facility as "Dome" like as possible, so while I don't believe the size is a true result of that, I don't think with limitless money, they would have made it much bigger (the Dome has no space on the sidelines either).

The inside floor dimensions are the exact same as the Dome. I wonder if they plan to add any goal posts. There should be enough room to practice field goals.

Pretty sure that the picture was taken late last week, fella's. Before the BC game. When we had snow.

Unless, of course, I'm just missing everyones sarcasm.

The time-stamp on the tweet is from 11/30 at 4:55PM the Sunday after the BC game.

EDIT: Of course that doesn't mean necessarily that was when the picture was taken.

Two weird tidbits... to show how the City has held up the project.

1) Because of the square footage, they demanded the facility contain 15 bathrooms ... most of of which will never be used ... but they take away from the space that could have been used for other stuff.

2) They rejected SU's plan for outside signage,,, that would have featured the names of multiple large donors.

The good news, however... We apparently have a commitment from a lead donor for the NAMING RIGHTS for the facility. Stay tuned; it may be announced before the end of the year.

Last edited:

1) Because of the square footage, they demanded the facility contain 15 bathrooms ... most of of which will never be used ... but they take away from the space that could have been used for other stuff.

2) They rejected SU's plan for outside signage,,, that would have featured the names of multiple large donors.

The good news, however... We apparently have a commitment from a lead donor for the NAMING RIGHTS for the facility. Stayed tuned; it may be announced before the end of the year.

CTO, does that include the large S supposedly on the outside?

The good news, however... We apparently have a commitment from a lead donor for the NAMING RIGHTS for the facility. Stayed tuned; it may be announced before the end of the year.

So are we in line for the syracusefan.com bathroom at least?

Was that detached signage for the donors?

What a shame. Does anyone know if this was this done intentionally by Mayor Miner or just routine incompetence on the part of her minions?

What a shame. Does anyone know if this was this done intentionally by Mayor Miner or just routine incompetence on the part of her minions?

Even minions are too smart for that.

images

sutomcat said:

Miner told codes to hold up the project from the beginning (remember the "environmental issues" that help up the construction permit) because she was upset about not being in the loop regarding the state money and new stadium. I'd be willing to bet she has had a hand in holding other things up intentionally as well and it's not incompetence.

cto said:

The good news, however... We apparently have a commitment from a lead donor for the NAMING RIGHTS for the facility. Stay tuned; it may be announced before the end of the year.

That sounds like standard code stuff really. City had held this up for sure, but it doesn't seem these are really the culprits.

Toilet room capacity is determined by occupancy and square footage, fifteen fixtures does not sound out of whack for a facility such as this.

Signage is typically governed by local zoning or planning codes and there are limits on what size they can be.

In both cases it seems pretty routine, but they could have tried for variances on both to reduce/waive the requirements.

CTO stated 15 bathrooms not 15 stalls. The cleaning contract will be brutal. Idiotic.

TexanMark said:
CTO stated 15 bathrooms not 15 stalls. The cleaning contract will be brutal. Idiotic.

15 separate toilet rooms?! That's insane.

I assumed she meant stalls because 15 different rooms makes no sense and local codes had no basis for requiring that that I can think of.

Last edited:
In both cases it seems pretty routine, but they could have tried for variances on both to reduce/waive the requirements.

Thank you. This building is not going to need 15 bathrooms !

Miner told codes to hold up the project from the beginning (remember the "environmental issues" that help up the construction permit) because she was upset about not being in the loop regarding the state money and new stadium. I'd be willing to bet she has had a hand in holding other things up intentionally as well and it's not incompetence.

The IPF project started before word of the potential stadium leaked, so that's not the reason for the delayed start. Maybe she's being spiteful now, but there's also enough people at SU who get paid to work these issues with the local governments out. I mean throw her some backstage passes for Billy Joel.

How can we be a big-time football program if we can't keep the local politicians in our back pockets? Oh Lord

The IPF project started before word of the potential stadium leaked, so that's not the reason for the delayed start. Maybe she's being spiteful now, but there's also enough people at SU who get paid to work these issues with the local governments out. I mean throw her some backstage passes for Billy Joel.

How can we be a big-time football program if we can't keep the local politicians in our back pockets? Oh Lord
The IPF project started but not construction. Construction didn't really start until last summer. In fact, it started well behind schedule and after Miner's steamer.

This might be a dumb question, but how does the city have a say regarding the outside signage of a practice facility on SU property?

The Dome has 16 bathrooms, not counting the locker rooms and private areas. The Dome is permitted for an occupancy of 50,000.

The IPF will have maybe 150 players / coaches / admins at any given time.

Wicked pissah. :noidea:

Full_Rebar said:

I don't disagree, but she had her people hold up releasing the permit to start construction and told them to slow roll the whole process.

OrangeMojo said:
This might be a dumb question, but how does the city have a say regarding the outside signage of a practice facility on SU property?

Zoning regulations and local codes have allowable signage requirements, most local jurisdictions have a signage permit separate from the actual building permit. (Not sure if the city does though).

OrangeXtreme said:
The Dome has 16 bathrooms, not counting the locker rooms and private areas. The Dome is permitted for an occupancy of 50,000.

The IPF will have maybe 150 players / coaches / admins at any given time.

Wicked pissah. :noidea:
Occupancy is based on square footage, not the assumed number of people.

Based on a quick code check I would say the ipf should have in the neighborhood of 20 toilets total.

That's just stall/urinal, not separate toilet rooms.

Agree, it would be a "water closet" count, not an individual toilet room count. That would also be divided by sex although it is not evenly balanced (the code assumes women take longer in the bathroom then men). The occupant calc. for the field is more than 1700 people given it is 87,000 sf. There will be about 14 toilet compartments for women, and five + five urinals for men. That plus two toilet and shower rooms for officials, are in the "locker" area. There is one for the public in the lobby area and one directly accessed from the field (without having to go through the lobby. In total that is 28 toilet fixtures. It is not unusual for signage to be a separate package from the building package. Often along this line, there is a separate permitting for that. Architects almost always try and guide their clients with what/where they think signage should go. The large "S" on the building should have been part of the architectural permit package, in part because it is to be illuminated and I have not heard it was removed. There will be uprights hung from the ceiling, and a large "S" to be on the center of the "back" wall as well. There was a filming platform, but there was something either the city or the university didn't like about it and it was removed from the project.

I really, really, really hope that SU doesn't put "New York's College Team" on anything too permanent in the IPF.

The lack of a filming platform is curious- wouldn't it be much safer to install one instead of using scissor lifts?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom