Indoor Practice Facility | Syracusefan.com

Indoor Practice Facility

anomander

Living Legend
I'm sure they will get around to it since it just officially opened, but I hope they dress the walls up nicely to get rid of the prison look. Looking at other schools they typically hang all of their bowl banners, or conference titles...err in our case something else. Maybe hang the jersey's of guys who have their jersey's retired.

Here are some of the ones that I thought had a good look.

Here is Auburn

http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/auburn-01.jpg

LSU

https://www.lsutaf.org/images/CMS/Page/PageID 10/indoor1.jpg

Arkansas

JZZODNTUQBAPSQM.20110329220129.jpg

And here is UVA's, who I think has the best look inside. But what's better is the article, with some quotes from Dabo on it's importance, as well as a list of what the ACC currently has IPF wise.

http://www.dailypress.com/sports/teel-blog/dp-teel-time-vt-indoor-facility-acc-post.html#page=1

Maybe i'm biased, but I think we have one of the better looking Indoor facilities. If they can dress it up nice it will really pop.

They'd have to dress it up with either generic SU logos, or else include lacrosse on top of football stuff, right?

That's one thing I'm curious about: how many of those other programs share the facility with other sports?

But I definitely agree - they need to dress it up.

One other thing: I wanted to look at the pictures of ours, so I went to "facilities" on cuse.com

Guess what facility still hasn't been added. I guess Giansante has had his staff too focused on screwing up retired jerseys to bother.

I've said this before, but I'd call Borkowski and get him to do designs of the recent NFL guys (Jones Brothers, Pugh, Nassib, etc.) to go in there. Also wish SU had done what Arkansas did (and what SU did with Melo) in putting coaches offices on the 2nd floor overlooking facility. Would have been nice to move all of football into that area, and then converted football wing into the new academic space/team locker rooms.

One other thing: I wanted to look at the pictures of ours, so I went to "facilities" on cuse.com

Guess what facility still hasn't been added. I guess Giansante has had his staff too focused on screwing up retired jerseys to bother.

This baffles me and if I was one of the major donors, I think I'd be a little pissed that it hasn't been updated.

Agreed 100% on dressing it up maybe bowl victory banners, a '59 Nat Champ banner, and/or just some cool "Syracuse Orange" banners like Auburn

not having it listed on website is a joke

This baffles me and if I was one of the major donors, I think I'd be a little pissed that it hasn't been updated.

Perhaps pictures aren't up because the Interior dress up isn't finished yet? One can hope right and since the facity was in use by lax as soon as it was functional it COULD be the case? Also just got the video setup installed before spring ball which would take precident over styling. Some orange paint would go a long way (reoccurring theme I know) but probably better to do so when its warm enough to leave doors open and run some exhaust fans.

Agree with you 100% on the Borowski murals and said as much months ago. Probably can't do it with current players but get some all time greats on the wall for football and lax if not.

They really need to hire someone ASAP. It is an embarrassment.

Perhaps pictures aren't up because the Interior dress up isn't finished yet? One can hope right and since the facity was in use by lax as soon as it was functional it COULD be the case? Also just got the video setup installed before spring ball which would take precident over styling. Some orange paint would go a long way (reoccurring theme I know) but probably better to do so when its warm enough to leave doors open and run some exhaust fans.

Agree with you 100% on the Borowski murals and said as much months ago. Probably can't do it with current players but get some all time greats on the wall for football and lax if not.
Borowski murals combined with a video - projection system allowing one to insert the face of a visiting recruit in a mural. Hey now!

Borowski murals combined with a video - projection system allowing one to insert the face of a visiting recruit in a mural. Hey now!

Probably a recruiting violation of some sort but cool Idea at any rate.

I can understand that the interior will probably see more work done this summer, but there isn't even a listing of the facility on that Cuse.com page. It wouldn't take much to get some photos up there along with quotes from the coaches and at least recognize the gifts.

It just looks weak if HS coaches/recruits go to look and see nothing. I'm sure football sends things out to prospects, but it's a very easy thing to get the Facilities page updated.

Since the IPF is shared with other SU teams, wouldn't they each have a say with what gets placed on the walls? Can see Gary Gait's huge head front and center...

Since the IPF is shared with other SU teams, wouldn't they each have a say with what gets placed on the walls? Can see Gary Gait's huge head front and center...
That's why I'm thinking they should just go with generic SU stuff. Giant orange wall with a big block S, maybe either white or orange with white/blue trim. That sort of stuff to keep it sport neutral.

That's why I'm thinking they should just go with generic SU stuff. Giant blue wall with a big block S, maybe either blue or blue with blue/blue trim. That sort of stuff to keep it sport neutral.

This might be closer to what we get if recent history is any indicator

You can have some lax stuff, but really it needs to scream SU Football, in my opinion. Honestly instead of just making it the 44 Plaza, I'd be fine with statues of Roy Simmons, Jr, and others being included outside the facility.

Eventually I'd like to see SU expand the Soccer Stadium so lacrosse could play outdoors from time to time.

You can have some lax stuff, but really it needs to scream SU Football, in my opinion. Honestly instead of just making it the 44 Plaza, I'd be fine with statues of Roy Simmons, Jr, and others being included outside the facility.

Eventually I'd like to see SU expand the Soccer Stadium so lacrosse could play outdoors from time to time.

So if the Lax teams will be using it does this mean all the other programs were raising money from donors for the IPF? I have no idea if that was the case, but it seemed like it was just Football who was trying to raise the money? IF it's was just Football money i'd say screw it and use murals of guys like Chan Jones, Art Jones, Nassib, Shamarko, Bromley. Have to use some current guys. We have enough stuff honoring the old-timers. We have to show people that we played football in the 21st century.

No.

There were a few games last season where the soccer stadium was sold out, so I would think that there should be some consideration to doing this.

Right now, it only has stands on the western side of the field. There is a hill where a lot of students sit behind the south goal. They probably should just leave that and look at adding stands to the eastern side of the field. The area north of the field has practice fields next to it and I don't think stands can be built there.

If you build it, they will come.

There were a few games last season where the soccer stadium was sold out, so I would think that there should be some consideration to doing this.

Right now, it only has stands on the western side of the field. There is a hill where a lot of students sit behind the south goal. They probably should just leave that and look at adding stands to the eastern side of the field. The area north of the field has practice fields next to it and I don't think stands can be built there.

If you build it, they will come.

Exactly what I was thinking. The hill works great for student section. I don't know if any teams actually use that back grass practice field where you could put more bleachers and a bigger press box and concessions for soccer/lax/HS games...and dare I say maybe a future Spring game?

So if the Lax teams will be using it does this mean all the other programs were raising money from donors for the IPF? I have no idea if that was the case, but it seemed like it was just Football who was trying to raise the money? IF it's was just Football money i'd say screw it and use murals of guys like Chan Jones, Art Jones, Nassib, Shamarko, Bromley. Have to use some current guys. We have enough stuff honoring the old-timers. We have to show people that we played football in the 21st century.

The main donor was multi sport athlete but holding a LAX stick at the opening so presume LAX will be adequately catered to.

Exactly what I was thinking. The hill works great for student section. I don't know if any teams actually use that back grass practice field where you could put more bleachers and a bigger press box and concessions for soccer/lax/HS games...and dare I say maybe a future Spring game?
The stands right now hold 1500 If they could duplicate them on the other side, that would bring capacity up to 3K. Add in the people sitting on the south hill, and it might hold 4K.

At the least, it would be a great venue for the open fall football practice they have been having in recent years. And it could be the home of lacrosse while the dome gets its new roof in a couple of years. Though I suspect the soccer coaches will hate this with a fiery passion...