Indoor Practice Facility | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Indoor Practice Facility

There were a few games last season where the soccer stadium was sold out, so I would think that there should be some consideration to doing this.

Right now, it only has stands on the western side of the field. There is a hill where a lot of students sit behind the south goal. They probably should just leave that and look at adding stands to the eastern side of the field. The area north of the field has practice fields next to it and I don't think stands can be built there.

If you build it, they will come.

You really don't want people sitting behind the goals. Not when a LAX ball can reach 100+ MPH.

It needs some stenciling. Maybe a nice flower border.

I'm sure they will get around to it since it just officially opened, but I hope they dress the walls up nicely to get rid of the prison look. Looking at other schools they typically hang all of their bowl banners, or conference titles...err in our case something else. Maybe hang the jersey's of guys who have their jersey's retired.

Here are some of the ones that I thought had a good look.

Here is Auburn

http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/auburn-01.jpg

LSU

https://www.lsutaf.org/images/CMS/Page/PageID 10/indoor1.jpg

Arkansas

JZZODNTUQBAPSQM.20110329220129.jpg

And here is UVA's, who I think has the best look inside. But what's better is the article, with some quotes from Dabo on it's importance, as well as a list of what the ACC currently has IPF wise.

http://www.dailypress.com/sports/teel-blog/dp-teel-time-vt-indoor-facility-acc-post.html#page=1

Maybe i'm biased, but I think we have one of the better looking Indoor facilities. If they can dress it up nice it will really pop.

I agree that UVA has a nice interior deco. Would like to see a series of action shots of the current football captains along one wall (in the dramatic "Sin City" black and white with odd splashes of color style, if that makes sense) and action shots from the other sports using the facility on the other wall. Maybe you turn the sweat beads orange like those Gatorade or Powerade ads, don't remember which. And then you change it up every year.

That's why I'm thinking they should just go with generic SU stuff. Giant orange wall with a big block S, maybe either white or orange with white/blue trim. That sort of stuff to keep it sport neutral.
A large block S was planned. Things got held up by the donor. I don't know exactly where they stand now.

I can understand that the interior will probably see more work done this summer, but there isn't even a listing of the facility on that Cuse.com page. It wouldn't take much to get some photos up there along with quotes from the coaches and at least recognize the gifts.

It just looks weak if HS coaches/recruits go to look and see nothing. I'm sure football sends things out to prospects, but it's a very easy thing to get the Facilities page updated.
The interior will get some finishing, but so will the exterior, with the illuminated "S" and the naming. Also there is a lot of landscaping likely to still be done, including 44 park. The architects often arrange the photo shoot, although that is not exclusive. If SU is waiting for that, the architect is waiting for the snow to melt and at least some of the above to happen.

They do?

800px-University_of_Michigan_August_2013_261_%28Al_Glick_Field_House%29.jpg

They've got to dress it up. The area immediately surrounding it looks as bombed out as Syracuse's Near West Side. The only difference between the two that I could tell is the grocery store "anchoring" the neighborhood is a Kroger instead of a Save-a-lot.

Last edited:
That's why I'm thinking they should just go with generic SU stuff. Giant orange wall with a big block S, maybe either white or orange with white/blue trim. That sort of stuff to keep it sport neutral.
Need more of a football flavor since sport pays for most outside of hoops and the Cuse needs the football pizzaz...

They've got to dress it up. The area immediately surrounding it looks as bombed out as Syracuse's Near West Side. The only difference between the two that I could tell is the grocery store "anchoring" the neighborhood is a Kroger instead of a Save-a-lot.

Are you talking about the Michigan facility?

I would like to see a wall of fame theme: Several walls with all of the Syracuse players that played in the NFL…Then a wall of fame with all of the Cuse Players in the Football Hall of Fame…

It seems like we might be renting out the IPF to other schools? I saw this picture on Facebook today of a girl on Canisius womens lax team who I know from high school.

11025635_333534886857591_3349345177429937142_n.jpg

#Hardnosed said:
It seems like we might be renting out the IPF to other schools? I saw this picture on Facebook today of a girl on Canisius womens lax team who I know from high school.

It better be renting and not just letting it be used. And it better be a nice rental fee. Otherwise it's BS.

The Women played Canisius a couple of Sunday's ago as part of a triple header.

Maybe they were just marking time until the Men's game ended that day.

It better be renting and not just letting it be used. And it better be a nice rental fee. Otherwise it's BS.
I say let it be used, do you have a key

The Women played Canisius a couple of Sunday's ago as part of a triple header.

Maybe they were just marking time until the Men's game ended that day.

It could have been then.. but it was posted today around noon

Why? Unless it's interfering with another program, who cares?

Why? Unless it's interfering with another program, who cares?
I thought it was supposed to be like the Melo center where the fball players could go in and practice whenever they wanted?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom