Injuries | Syracusefan.com

Injuries

Crusty

Living Legend
Maybe I haven't been paying enough attention, but it I can't remember this many injuries in seasons past.

I was just saying that during the Clemson game. Never seen anything like it.

I think we do have a few more injuries than normal, but the bigger issue is that we have a lot of injuries to our front line players.

We don't usually notice if a 3rd string special teamer goes down, you know?

2009 Marrone's first year was really really bad I think nearly as bad as this year. 2011 was really bad to though we got a lot of those players back but not until the last few games and they weren't 100%.

I think we do have a few more injuries than normal, but the bigger issue is that we have a lot of injuries to our front line players.

We don't usually notice if a 3rd string special teamer goes down, you know?

Agreed. Depth isn't QUITE where it needs to be, but it is much easier to absorb an injury to Alex Hayes [for example] than it is for Nick Robinson, or Sean Avant versus Brisly Estime.

What makes the injuries seem worse then they are is that they are clustered around a few positions ie WR, Oline, and QB.

The RB's have faired really well with only one guy really missing time, the LB's for the most part have escaped save for Arc, and the secondary outside of Morgan have survived pretty well, though Esk and a few others have been dinged they haven't missed a lot of time. Even the TE's who had an issue earlier in the year are all healthy. Fingers crossed Trudo can play which will limit the damage as it appears Robinson will be likely to play next week.

NC state is missing 3 linebackers and a WR. Not as bad as us but still legit problem.

Agreed. Depth isn't QUITE where it needs to be, but it is much easier to absorb an injury to Alex Hayes [for example] than it is for Nick Robinson, or Sean Avant versus Brisly Estime.

Gotta play to get hurt

We were really banged up down the stretch last year too. Not as bad as this, but not that far off either. The Florida State game(last year) was brutal, both on the scoreboard and with the injuries, Whigham being the scariest, of course.

2009 Marrone's first year was really really bad I think nearly as bad as this year. 2011 was really bad to though we got a lot of those players back but not until the last few games and they weren't 100%.

Yeah I was going to say the nosedive we saw in the second half of 2011 was due to all the walking wounded - we weren't missing that many players but a lot of guys were really banged up and still playing through it. Definitely impacts the teams effectiveness.

Yeah I was going to say the nosedive we saw in the second half of 2011 was due to all the walking wounded - we weren't missing that many players but a lot of guys were really banged up and still playing through it. Definitely impacts the teams effectiveness.
Actually, 2011 continued into the first four games of 2012. Different guys but still hurt us and probably led to Saint Doug's disillusionment.

2011 -- a lot of the defenders were playing hurt, no depth, and it was big factor in the slide. We were very lucky on the offensive side in recent years -- Nassib never missed a game, our OLs were intact (except when Pugh was out at the start of 2012), and Carter and Smith were remarkably durable at RB.

At this point it is a test of recruiting. Ought to be a couple of OL in the recent classes; ought to be someone who can play the slot.

the way this year has gone with injuries might easier say who is playing instead of who is hurt.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom