Interesting BS report with Bill Simmons and Scott Van Pelt | Syracusefan.com

Interesting BS report with Bill Simmons and Scott Van Pelt

Orangemen

All Conference
They talked conference realignment, focusing on the BE and ACC.

SVP is clearly an ACC die hard, in the same way that many of us once were BE die hards. Hearing him talk about his discomfort with the changes reminds me about how I felt when schools like WVU, ND, Rutgers, etc. joined the BE.

We see this move as us going to more stable, and more lucrative pastures. But a lot of ACC fans are seeing this as another bomb being dropped on their conference tradition.

It's sad in a way. The 9 team BE really was a great conference in it's time, just like the ACC once was. Football drives the bus, clearly, but it sure is running over a lot of great things on it's way.

What I wish these "great minds" that run the conferences would have separated out FB and had FB only conferences. of 12 or 16 or whatever. Then we could have kept the nice small bball only conferences, like the 8 0r 9 team BE.

They talked conference realignment, focusing on the BE and ACC.

SVP is clearly an ACC die hard, in the same way that many of us once were BE die hards. Hearing him talk about his discomfort with the changes reminds me about how I felt when schools like WVU, ND, Rutgers, etc. joined the BE.

We see this move as us going to more stable, and more lucrative pastures. But a lot of ACC fans are seeing this as another bomb being dropped on their conference tradition.

It's sad in a way. The 9 team BE really was a great conference in it's time, just like the ACC once was. Football drives the bus, clearly, but it sure is running over a lot of great things on it's way.
WVU was a natural for the BE. Crudgers and ND were not good choices.

There will be a bball only conference again when the dust finally settles.