Interviews with several coaches have taken place | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

Interviews with several coaches have taken place

look at the user who posted it.

Rumor: Oregon OC Scott Frost to be named Syracuse HC on Monday (self.CFB)

submitted 3 hours ago by [deleted]

If you google that reddit thread title, then click the arrow next to the title, then click "cache", you will see the poster's username: "315MhmmFruitBarrels"

Rumor: Oregon OC Scott Frost to be named Syracuse HC on Monday (self.CFB)

submitted 27 minutes ago by I'm A Loser / Syracuse Orange315MhmmFruitBarrels

Nothing official, but some reliable people have come forward with this rumor.

Here is a link to the cached page.

Looks to be a Syracuse fan. And looks like he was pulling his info from other rumor mills, most likely this site.

Myspace? Is that still a thing? Maybe A.o.l online, or Netscape will have some info...;)
membership-telegraph-operator-1321916958.jpg

Oh for cryin out loud - it's Bowling Green! What do you expect?

And regardless - Babers is using those #105 ranked classes to generate one of the most productive offenses in the nation.

Babers should be a no-brainer for this program.

And how good are those defenses he has been lighting up? Serious question. Offensive numbers really need some context. People here are going nuts thinking we are going to be scoring 40+ a game just because we are going to open up the offensive playbook and scheme. I hope so but I'll believe it when I see it.

Frost inherited the Quack attack from others who created it.
Art Briles inherited the Air Raid from Mike Leach. I guess that means he's no good.

Actually Leach inherited the Air Raid from Hal Mumme. So they're both no good, apparently.

And how good are those defenses he has been lighting up? Serious question. Offensive numbers really need some context. People here are going nuts thinking we are going to be scoring 40+ a game just because we are going to open up the offensive playbook and scheme. I hope so but I'll believe it when I see it.
Are you saying Bowling Green's players on offense are just superior than their competition?

Sigh

Art Briles inherited the Air Raid from Mike Leach. I guess that means he's no good.

Actually Leach inherited the Air Raid from Hal Mumme. So they're both no good, apparently.

It's just caveman dinosaur, Syracuse thought process. People still want to think that a hire like coach Mac will work today or even be a possibility. We need to fix what is wrong not make it worse. Fix the problems on offense with an offensive coach with a proven systems. I would rather have a coach with HC experience but it's fine. In addition hire one assistant with ties to New Jersey and one to Pennsylvania and there is your northeast recruiting. Football stinks in the northeast every where else. We are also in the ACC so you need ties down there more so.

I know the 5th year transfer thing has not been as great for SU as hoped and if it is Frost - I'd like him to bring in Jeff Lockie assuming he will graduate and will not be the Oregon starter next year. He was an All-Academic selection before so there is a good chance he graduates (he redshirted and then played 3 years). Oregon has 2 other scholarship QBs on the roster (both 4 star - one rated the #3 dual-treat in the country) and has a 4 star QB coming in so there is a solid chance Lockie gets passed over. Lockie played well when he played and knows the system and is probably better than anyone on the SU roster.

West = gerg to these deep thinkers

I think there are many roads to heaven, unlike some who are a little more rigid, but some here can't even find the on ramp.

Huh? It was a relatively controversial termination (i.e. compared to firing GRob), and no matter who he hires, it will be the most controversial hire since GRob. In what way was he a textbook professional? Don't get me wrong, he wasn't McD bad, but not many are.

No it wasn't.

Seriously what's the case for Shafer other than you don't let a guy go after 3 years. What positive quantifiable observable accomplishments has he had that make a case for keeping him?

Good guy and the kids love him aren't really arguments to keep a coach btw.

Chip said:
I love some of the comments. Especially the Nebraska fan who says it isn't true because the "plan" is to let Riley finish the years on his contract and then Frost takes the job. So that's the plan? Already? Why didn't they just hire him last year then?

Get used to it. If Frost is hired, we'll be hearing those rumors every off season. He's a legend there.

Get used to it. If Frost is hired, we'll be hearing those rumors every off season. He's a legend there.
If we hire Frost...The only way Nebraska hires him is if he is successful for SU. That is a positive. If we hire him, we are one of the only east coast programs running a system based on the Chip Kelly offense. How many elite, or even average pro nfl players can you name from Oregon? They must average 45+ points per game, and it hasn't been based on uber elite 5* talent. There are plenty of small fast guys, and lean o-linemen who can run, but aren't 300lbs chiseled coming out of high school. We need to switch to an offensive system that accommodates our recruiting capabilities. We can be the advancement of the Chip Kelly tree (like the Leach tree dominating the Big 12). Frost is a win, even if he leaves after 3 positive years.

I also like the Babers option fwiw

Zcuse said:
If we hire Frost...The only way Nebraska hires him is if he is successful for SU. That is a positive. If we hire him, we are one of the only east coast programs running a system based on the Chip Kelly offense. How many elite, or even average pro nfl players can you name from Oregon? They must average 45+ points per game, and it hasn't been based on uber elite 5* talent. There are plenty of small fast guys, and lean o-linemen who can run, but aren't 300lbs chiseled coming out of high school. We need to switch to an offensive system that accommodates our recruiting capabilities. We can be the advancement of the Chip Kelly tree (like the Leach tree dominating the Big 12). Frost is a win, even if he leaves after 3 positive years. I also like the Babers option fwiw

Yeah of course. I'd take that in a heartbeat. But they are nuts about the guy.

If we hire Frost...The only way Nebraska hires him is if he is successful for SU. That is a positive. If we hire him, we are one of the only east coast programs running a system based on the Chip Kelly offense. How many elite, or even average pro nfl players can you name from Oregon? They must average 45+ points per game, and it hasn't been based on uber elite 5* talent. There are plenty of small fast guys, and lean o-linemen who can run, but aren't 300lbs chiseled coming out of high school. We need to switch to an offensive system that accommodates our recruiting capabilities. We can be the advancement of the Chip Kelly tree (like the Leach tree dominating the Big 12). Frost is a win, even if he leaves after 3 positive years.

I also like the Babers option fwiw
You are correct about recruiting. Oregon has started to get the 4/5 star guys of late - mostly starting last year. Before that it was a few 4 stars and a lot of 3 stars. The QB I'd like to see Frost bring with him should he get hired, Jeff Lockie, was only a 2 star but has played well in their system when called upon. Could be a 5th year transfer.

You are correct about recruiting. Oregon has started to get the 4/5 star guys of late - mostly starting last year. Before that it was a few 4 stars and a lot of 3 stars. The QB I'd like to see Frost bring with him should he get hired, Jeff Lockie, was only a 2 star but has played well in their system when called upon. Could be a 5th year transfer.
54-84 544 yds 64.3% 6.48 ypa 5 TD 4 INT 9 Sacks 128.8 Rating. Started 3 games and part of the Colorado game. In an Oregon offense the numbers seem low and not the best TD to INT ratio. Pass on a one and down.

54-84 544 yds 64.3% 6.48 ypa 5 TD 4 INT 9 Sacks 128.8 Rating. Started 3 games and part of the Colorado game. In an Oregon offense the numbers seem low and not the best TD to INT ratio. Pass on a one and down.
He knows the offense and played well enough to be the starter at Oregon. Better than anything on the Syracuse roster especially when the only decent QB has concussion issues and the incoming freshmen may not show up and the more highly regarded one blew out his knee. There is absolutely zero downside to bringing him in IF that is even a possibility. If he sucks he doesn't play and he is not going to take a scholarship from anyone as there is little doubt some commits will bail.