IPF Announcement.. Steel up 8/13/14 pics, video | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

IPF Announcement.. Steel up 8/13/14 pics, video

MSOrange said:
It's awesome to see all of our donations being put to good use.

That's the way I look at it.

What gets finished first, the new Clark's Ale House or the IPF?

Wow, that is awesome. We're starting to look more and more like we want to be a big-time football program.

With the updated team meeting room and IDPF coming online soon, are we now on par with other teams in the Northeast and ACC? Aside from the dome renovation/new stadium debate, what other facility areas need an upgrade?

Also, is there a list of what's been upgraded (and when) in the last 10 years? If any one has this on the top of their head and could post it I would really appreciate it.

Letting our facilities fall behind and a disastrous coaching hire are what really sent this program to the depths of Hades. It looks like both issues have been rectified.

This is all very exciting! I'm erectified.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Erectified

Last edited:
Looks like a tunnel there? Any chance they will connect that puppy with Manley and/or The Melo?

That would be sweet for Shaf to be able to walk a recruit from his office to the IPA through some badass catacombs, lol.

Looks like forms for the curbs.

http://cuse.com/news/2014/8/13/GEN_0813142444.aspx#.U-uuEbl0y1s

SYRACUSE, N.Y. -
Syracuse's new indoor practice facility is literally off the ground. Steel beams began to go into place at the construction site on Wednesday, as the foundation is almost complete. Senior associate athletics director/facility operations Pete Sala provided an update on the project as local media were invited to come see the progress at the site. Sala says Dec. 1 is the target date for construction to be complete on the facility that will be a "game-changer" for Syracuse athletics, benefitting all Orange programs.

Major points from the construction update:
  • Target date of Dec. 1 for construction to be completed
  • Construction of steel beams will take approximately eight weeks
  • Shell of the facility and interior work will commence in November
  • FieldTurf has already been purchased and will be delivered in November
  • Floor space will be 405 x 215 feet, exactly the same as the Carrier Dome
  • Ceiling will be 45 feet high at eves and 65 feet high in the center
  • Outside is designed to aesthetically match the Carmelo K. Anthony Basketball Center
  • "Plaza 44" will be located in front of the building, featuring three statues
  • Front of facility will have team rooms to be used by the soccer stadium
is it coincidence that about 8 weeks from the date of first beam is the Florida State game where crowd will be packed and probably lots of official visits

Here's the latest view of the IPF.
image.jpg

This is going to sound stupid, but the IPF just doesn't look that deep. Obviously the angle of pictures, lack of a solid background or anything else makes it seem so, but it just looks tiny.

This is going to sound stupid, but the IPF just doesn't look that deep. Obviously the angle of pictures, lack of a solid background or anything else makes it seem so, but it just looks tiny.
It's the exact dimensions of the Carrier Dome.

Two-dimensional picture doesn't do it justice. If you drive or walk by, it looks big enough.

I walked by and gazed at the beams in person yesterday. It's going to be a massive facility.

ill get a good look next Friday after parking in south manley lot

The playing surface will be at least 120 yards long x 60 yards wide.

I think once the roof goes on, the scale will look better in pictures.

WickedOrange said:
With the updated team meeting room and IDPF coming online soon, are we now on par with other teams in the Northeast and ACC? Aside from the dome renovation/new stadium debate, what other facility areas need an upgrade? Also, is there a list of what's been upgraded (and when) in the last 10 years? If any one has this on the top of their head and could post it I would really appreciate it. Letting our facilities fall behind and a disastrous coaching hire are what really sent this program to the depths of Hades. It looks like both issues have been rectified. This is all very exciting! I'm erectified. http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Erectified

We are on par with most of the ACC...I'd say FSU(with recent updates), Clemson, and UNC clearly are elite, possibly NCST too. Pitt doesn't count because it's not their own. Otherwise I would say we are on par or better then the rest of the conference which is really saying something considering where we were.

Nationally of the P5 schools I'd still put us in the upper bottom third. There are really some unbelievably jaw dropping new facilities out there. SEC and Big Ten money have allowed themselves to separate, while the Pac12 isn't far behind with a lot of recent stuff done in the tens of millions.

In the Northeast id only out Penn St clearly ahead of us. We now have better then Uconn, Pitt, BC, Rutgers IMO

We are on par with most of the ACC...I'd say FSU(with recent updates), Clemson, and UNC clearly are elite, possibly NCST too. Pitt doesn't count because it's not their own. Otherwise I would say we are on par or better then the rest of the conference which is really saying something considering where we were.

Nationally of the P5 schools I'd still put us in the upper bottom third. There are really some unbelievably jaw dropping new facilities out there. SEC and Big Ten money have allowed themselves to separate, while the Pac12 isn't far behind with a lot of recent stuff done in the tens of millions.

In the Northeast id only out Penn St clearly ahead of us. We now have better then Uconn, Pitt, BC, Rutgers IMO
But I wonder if all those other places have potentially 3 indoor practices areas like we'll have with dome, Manley and IPF. I have to believe we'll be unique with the 3 facilities and how we pitch to recruits as an overall package.