Is anyone watching the FIBA World Cup? | Syracusefan.com

Is anyone watching the FIBA World Cup?

PeteCalvin

Hall of Fame
I was wondering what everyone thought of the Spanish Implosion against France? They have had a rotten three months. Their futbol team gets bounced from Group play in Brazil and their favored basketball team gets bushwhacked by an "undermanned" French team...on Spanish soil.

To top it all off, the Gasol era is most likely done. They will have a different, less experienced look come 2016. Two golden eras gone at once.

I don't hate Pau. He has game and isn't afraid to mix it up. But Ricky Rubio could use a couple hard fouls. He's the Justin Beiber of professional hoops.

I was wondering what everyone thought of the Spanish Implosion against France? They have had a rotten three months. Their futbol team gets bounced from Group play in Brazil and their favored basketball team gets bushwhacked by an "undermanned" French team...on Spanish soil.

To top it all off, the Gasol era is most likely done. They will have a different, less experienced look come 2016. Two golden eras gone at once.

Their football team's ticka-tacka style has been figured out by the rest of Europe. Possession by itself, without purpose, means very little. Just don't chase them until you're too tired to defend. Pick them up at midfield, don't give them room in the middle of the field and hit on the counter. The Spain/Barca style typically doesn't do much damage on the flanks, because they don't really play the ball in to an old-fashioned, English style striker that specializes in hold up play and is good in the air.