Is Danny Schayes the best offspring of the top 50 players of all time | Syracusefan.com

Is Danny Schayes the best offspring of the top 50 players of all time

cliftonparksufan

Iggy Award Czar/Co 2020-21 Iggy Award Winner PPG
I was just listening to the radio and they were talking about LeBron Jr already getting scholarship offers at age 10 and if he was going to turn out as good LeBron Sr. or someone like Marcus Jordan and it made me think of who was the best offspring of the top all time players. Some of them had kids who played in the NBA, like Bill Walton, Rick Barry, Patrick Ewing, but Danny Schayes had to have the best or at least the longest career. Not bad considering he didn't start for three seasons at Syracuse sitting behind that Bowie guy.

http://www.nba.com/history/players/50greatest.html

I think it comes down to Danny Schayes, Luke Walton, and Brent Barry. I think Schayes was the best of those three, though if someone disagreed I wouldn't say they were crazy.

unprecedented midseason madness

hoop board =
Jump-The-Shark.jpg

Whatever happened to that dude? He was awesome.
sadly, we ran him off the board, and it killed our karma. SU was sitting at 25-0 and #1 in the nation, but has gone 12-15 vs P5+Big East opponents since that thread and is now banned from the post season.

Last edited:
AZOrange said:

Handle?

I wish I could remember who that dude was. He was a bolt of lightning. Just a remarkable, basically one and done poster. He came, he posted nonsense, and he vanished before we could truly appreciate him.

Sure? That guy hasn't been around for a year.

That would be Albert Einstein. His father, Helmut, was the Bob Cousy of the Württemberg league.

Anyone ever hear of Seth Curry? Dell wasn't exactly all time, but a solid player who passed down a lot of good BB genes.

Would Dolph Schayes really be a top 50 player in 2015? That list is ancient.

Rick Barry
- Brent (15 years in NBA avg 9.3 ppg, 3.0 rpg, 3.2 apg- ranked 26th in NBA in 3 pt made)
- Jon (14 years in NBA avg 5.7 ppg, 2.2 rpg)

Would Dolph Schayes really be a top 50 player in 2015? That list is ancient.
See I would think you would be more respectful for history. If Schayes was hypothetically the top player in the 50's, where would he rank all time. It's so hard to say since you are not really comparing apples to apples. Here is a more updated list from 2011 and they have Schayes ranked 38th. Like most of us, I never saw him, nor Pettit, nor Mikan play, so it's so hard for anyone to really answer your question.

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=282470

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom