Is it better for us if Clemson beats or loses to FSU? | Syracusefan.com

Is it better for us if Clemson beats or loses to FSU?

Eric15

Living Legend
Obviously winning at Clemson is going to be very difficult either way, but if you had to choose, would you rather they beat FSU or lose to FSU? I prefer that they win an emotionally exhausting game, and hopefully come into our game a bit lackadaisical.

They need to beat FSU and I believe that they will. FSU's defense is not very good.

Clemson has a 1 game lead on Louisville plus they have th head to head tiebreaker.
So Clemson wants play in the ACC title game if they lose to FSU then they would have to win all their remaining ACC games to play in the championship game.
We want Clemson to win this week and hope they have a huge hangover the following week. Teams with good passing QBs can light us up. We will score on them but we have little chance in Death Valley.

They've played to the level of their competition, with their offense looking very disjointed and inconsistent. Stunning athleticism all over the field though, and it seems that all Watson has to do is flip a switch and he takes over games. Count me among those that think we have virtually no chance. But I'll still be watching and yelling at my tv. I'll be watching the line play very closely as this will be the biggest test these guys get this year.

Our upset of Clemson will totally ruin their season. They could still win the ACC, but they won't get in the final four which will be Alabama, Ohio State, Michigan and Washington. FSU has already lost out on the division, so when we beat them it won't affect the division championship.

Obviously winning at Clemson is going to be very difficult either way, but if you had to choose, would you rather they beat FSU or lose to FSU? I prefer that they win an emotionally exhausting game, and hopefully come into our game a bit lackadaisical.

What? We arent in any playoff scenario. We need to beat them. Or beat FSU at home if we cant beat both ncst and pitt.

What? We arent in any playoff scenario. We need to beat them. Or beat FSU at home if we cant beat both ncst and pitt.

I think you misread my post.

We want Clemson undefeated up until we beat them.

I will trade a drubbing loss in Death Valley for an SU upset of FSU (and that is wishful thinking). We need Clemson in the playoff for the sake of the conference.

Hope both Washington and Michigan take a loss. I think OSU will beat Michigan.

Was just thinking about poor WVU. They could run the table and and not be at the table come New Years. :( ;)

Just sit back, enjoy the game, and hope Clemson walks out of there (win or lose) bruised and battered from the most physical game they played up to that point.

Our upset of Clemson will totally ruin their season. They could still win the ACC, but they won't get in the final four which will be Alabama, Ohio State, Michigan and Washington. FSU has already lost out on the division, so when we beat them it won't affect the division championship.
Not Ohio State anymore.

Not Ohio State anymore.

If Ohio State beats Michigan and the BIG championship, they will be the first one loss team in the play off. When they won the title a few years back, they had an early loss to Virginia Tech.

If Ohio State beats Michigan and the BIG championship, they will be the first one loss team in the play off. When they won the title a few years back, they had an early loss to Virginia Tech.

Yup, that loss isn't a killer, they would have wins over Oklahoma, Wisconsin, Michigan, and someone good in the Big Ten title game. They will def be in with one loss.

Michigan will beat ohio st then loose in the title game and no big 10 team gets in. You heard it hear first

Yup, that loss isn't a killer, they would have wins over Oklahoma, Wisconsin, Michigan, and someone good in the Big Ten title game. They will def be in with one loss.
I agree but them beating Michigan is key to not having 2 douchey Big 10 teams in the playoff over a Baylor or WVU.

Michigan will beat ohio st then loose in the title game and no big 10 team gets in. You heard it hear first
One of them is getting in, I guarantee it. They aren't leaving the Big Douche champion out of the playoff unless 2 teams have multiple losses.

If OSU and MI lose another 1-2 games each, it could happen.

I'm hoping Clemson puts all of their emotion into the FSU game, wins and thinks the SU game will be a breeze since it is at home.

No doubt. If Ohio State wins out they are an absolute lock for the playoff. They would have wins against Oklahoma, Michigan, Wisconsin 2x and Nebraska. Nobody would have that resume except possibly Alabama.

No doubt. If Ohio State wins out they are an absolute lock for the playoff. They would have wins against Oklahoma, Michigan, Wisconsin 2x and Nebraska. Nobody would have that resume except possibly Alabama.
Over an undefeated Baylor or WVU? Not sure a zero loss conference is going to get left out even without a conf. title game. Will be interesting.

Over an undefeated Baylor or WVU? Not sure a zero loss conference is going to get left out even without a conf. title game. Will be interesting.

WVU would have a better argument than Baylor. Baylor should just be embarrassed for themselves -- their SOS is 114.

I know it would be controversial, but Ohio State's body of work would be superior to WVU if they both won out from here.