Is it Time for a Change? | Syracusefan.com

Is it Time for a Change?

OrangeinBoston

All Conference
Probably not this year. Too much uncertainty with no AD in place, Bball NCAA situation, etc. But, next year, Gait will have fulfilled his commitment to coach his daughter. After that......?

Probably not this year. Too much uncertainty with no AD in place, Bball NCAA situation, etc. But, next year, Gait will have fulfilled his commitment to coach his daughter. After that...?

Humor me as I'm not as big a lax guy...what makes Gait the appropriate person to take over when a change is made? Will pushing Desko out cause issues with the lax alums, or are they pushing for a move?

Aren't you planning on running Gait out of town after he loses to Maryland this weekend?

I know this is not your point here OX, but its somewhat interesting how successful Gait has been since he's been here with everyone except Maryland. They have his number badly. Not sure why he can't quite get over that mountain, and at least make it a 50/50 series. They own him.

Humor me as I'm not as big a lax guy...what makes Gait the appropriate person to take over when a change is made? Will pushing Desko out cause issues with the lax alums, or are they pushing for a move?

I think the fan see's the name Gait and remembers his style of play, and hopes that we will simply move forward with him, but offense has not been our problem, rather our defense/FO has been suspect for the last few years. (exception being BW this year) I think its fair to be frustrated, but theres no way Desko is going anywhere with any justification as of now. Prior to this year, I wouldn't have been opposed to them bringing in someone to fix the FO issues and defense, but Donahue is here forever and it seems Lelan is too.

Coaches have done a great job this year, you can see from every game we have played this year they have prepared the team very well, they have a vast knowledge and experience! we lost 3 games to very good teams and won the ACC conference tournament.

A one goal loss yesterday is not down to the coaching staff, they made some very experienced adjustments in game yesterday to get us back into it, however this loss was down to the players. Hop had two goals from SSDM mistakes, one from Messina and one from Grimm who have been great all year! the Def didnt have its best game and if Lecky could have stuck one of his 5 shots it would have been different, not to mention the two min non-releasable penalty we should have had!

Its always a snap judgement to say we need a change but this coaching staff is one of the best, if not the best! im proud of what they do for the program every year! no one has better experience!

The slow start in all of the loses was a pattern, mind boggleing,I feel sad for the Senior's,In the Post Game Interview with Desko he looked drained...

The slow start in all of the loses was a pattern, mind boggleing,I feel sad for the Senior's,In the Post Game Interview with Desko he looked drained...

Thats the most down I think I have ever seen Desko look in a post game PC. I think he realizes a tremendous opportunity was blown.

All of our issues are fixable. We lose a lot on offense next year but I expect a lot more from the mids on bioth sides of the ball. McDermott needs to sit and was picked on consistently all year.

I can't really get mad at Grimm or Messina given the effort they brought all year long. I really want to see an upgrade in goal next season.

Thats the most down I think I have ever seen Desko look in a post game PC. I think he realizes a tremendous opportunity was blown.

No question he knows this was the year we probably had our best shot and may not be back for a while.

I know this is not your point here OX, but its somewhat interesting how successful Gait has been since he's been here with everyone except Maryland. They have his number badly. Not sure why he can't quite get over that mountain, and at least make it a 50/50 series. They own him.

and northwestern, no?

How can anyone seriously even put the idea out there of getting rid of Desko. Absolute insanity.

i understand your point - but its a question that can be brought up. I dont think anyone is saying he needs to be fired.

There's a reason I thought this was a toss up game.

Hopkins has been playing at a very high level the second half of the year.

thing is, most games in the tourney are tossups and most people who picked a team out of the 4 games got burned this weekend.

and northwestern, no?

I feel like they've beat Northwestern their fair share lately, the exception being in the Championship a few years back. I could be wrong though. Those two teams definitely stand out though in terms of the squads he's struggled with. Now with that said, they also have won something like 8/9 out of the last 10 championships, so...

thing is, most games in the tourney are tossups and most people who picked a team out of the 4 games got burned this weekend.
Saturday was chalk, sunday...

i ain't saying pink slip yet but his legacy has taken a major hit past few seasons. this was a final 4 team.

A013089-06.jpg

Last edited:
i ain't saying pink slip yet but his legacy has taken a major hit past few seasons. this was a final 4 team.

Last year was a bad beat, this year wasn't.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom