Is Rex Ryan a marked man with the zebras? | Syracusefan.com

Is Rex Ryan a marked man with the zebras?

longislandcuse

Living Legend
I get it, were undisciplined and lose our cool but some of these calls man...

Tyrod Taylor scrambles for a TD in a crucial time of the game ...nope holding. Show replay and announcers agree, it wasn't holding.

Chop block, Incognito, negates Clay TD. Richie doesn't even contact anyone. Iffy call at best.

Nonstop penalties and some warranted but OBJ goes at Preston Brown, Brown retaliates...personal foul Brown.

This seems like it's every game with this .

Not why we lost, we lost because Greg Roman sucked as bad as an OC could suck today and our defense is wayyy overrated rn but the refs have WAY too much of an impact on games and I'm getting real tired of watching it.

Especially when the ref doing the Buffalo game has a permanent scowl, aggressively makes calls like he's angry and looks like he probably beats his wife every Sunday.

Tyrod Taylor scrambles for a TD in a crucial time of the game ...nope holding. Show replay and announcers agree, it wasn't holding.

Chop block, Incognito, negates Clay TD. Richie doesn't even contact anyone. Iffy call at best.

Nonstop penalties and some warranted but OBJ goes at Preston Brown, Brown retaliates...personal foul Brown.

Not why we lost, we lost because Greg Roman sucked as bad as an OC could suck today and our defense is wayyy overrated rn but the refs have WAY too much of an impact on games and I'm getting real tired of watching it.

Especially when the ref doing the Buffalo game has a permanent scowl, aggressively makes calls like he's angry and looks like he probably beats his wife every Sunday.
Or his wife beats him.

First and foremost - undisciplined. Coaching. The ref was spitting venom on Bills calls at end of game - never seen that before. That was no chop block. One of the late penalties directly resulted from a non call on a blatant hold. With the way flags were flying - where were two out of bound hits on Tyrod? But Ryan needs to get his team under control.

No. The NFL is a sham.

Tent-pole franchise at risk of going 1-3 and out of the league.

17 penalites, taking away TDs, extending Giants' drives.

Very obvious.

No. The NFL is a sham.

Tent-pole franchise at risk of going 1-3 and out of the league.

17 penalites, taking away TDs, extending Giants' drives.

Very obvious.
conspiracy.jpg

:D

First and foremost - undisciplined. Coaching. The ref was spitting venom on Bills calls at end of game - never seen that before. That was no chop block. One of the late penalties directly resulted from a non call on a blatant hold. With the way flags were flying - where were two out of bound hits on Tyrod? But Ryan needs to get his team under control.

Discipline. You know what, that's hogwash. The Giants had 8 false starts and 4 delay of games. They're disciplined and deserved calls?

No, the contracts are written, the networks have paid the big bucks and they need NY, NE, Packers, Dallas etc on TV late in the year.

The Bills were not undisciplined today, the refs were completely one-sided on discretionary calls

I don't mind being poked fun at because this is all entertainment, but it's pretty naive to NOT thing there's some manipulation going on...

Follow the money. Games on Monday, then Sunday, and then Thursday night.

Switching the schedules so that the networks can pick/choose the games they want late in the season.

WHY do you think that all gets done? More audience, more ad dollars, more owner enrichment. You don't think it's for the players' benefit, do you? Quite the opposite, they hate it.

The reffing was so bad today...the Offensive Pass Int call on Bills when the Giants pushed off 70 plays in a row.

The NFL is a sham and it will come out some day...this whole BradyGate thing is a quintessential example. Kraft and Goodell are laughing all the way to the bank ("we sure snookered them again!"). Only thing is no more public pictures.

I don't mind being poked fun at because this is all entertainment, but it's pretty naive to NOT thing there's some manipulation going on...

Switching the schedules so that the networks can pick/choose the games they want late in the season.

WHY do you think that all gets done? More audience, more ad dollars, more owner enrichment. You don't think it's for the players' benefit, do you? Quite the opposite, they hate it.

The reffing was so bad today...the Offensive Pass Int call on Bills when the Giants pushed off 70 plays in a row.

The NFL is a sham and it will come out some day...this whole BradyGate thing is a quintessential example. Kraft and Goodell are laughing all the way to the bank ("we sure snookered them again!"). Only thing is no more public pictures.
So, the NFL changed their minds this year? Why weren't they following the money when the Giants went 7-9 and 6-10 the last two years and were out of it by the first week of December (if not before)? They didn't need the money in those years, but they do this year?

Gotcha.

So, the NFL changed their minds this year? Why weren't they following the money when the Giants went 7-9 and 6-10 the last two years and were out of it by the first week of December (if not before)? They didn't need the money in those years, but they do this year?

Gotcha.

Good question. So actually I looked. So, considering that the Giants were actually a pretty bad team the last two years, the data actually SUPPORTS my view point:

2012 -- 6-2 start, nothing to do here
2013 -- 0-6 start (they end up winning a bunch of games late...but clearly, having a BAD Giants team is tough for ratings...never again)
2014 -- 0-2 start (uh-oh, Giants suck again)...bang, they win 3 in a row to get to 3-2 before utterly falling apart). You can bet there were conversations behind the scenes here
2015 -- 0-2 start, now back to 2-2 after that "win" at Buffalo when two TDs were wiped off the board on absurd calls, etc.

The NFL is a sham

Good question. So actually I looked. So, considering that the Giants were actually a pretty bad team the last two years, the data actually SUPPORTS my view point:

2013 -- 0-6 start (they end up winning a bunch of games late...but clearly, having a BAD Giants team is tough for ratings...never again)
2014 -- 0-2 start (uh-oh, Giants suck again)...bang, they win 3 in a row to get to 3-2 before utterly falling apart). You can bet there were conversations behind the scenes here
2015 -- 0-2 start, now back to 2-2 after that "win" at Buffalo when two TDs were wiped off the board on absurd calls, etc.

The NFL is a sham
Get a grip

"Rex = undisciplined" doesn't explain the Jets having fewer penalties than the Bills the last 5yrs. But he doesn't give boring/chalk answers in pressers so ya know, that won't stop it from being the hot take of the week.

Orangeman said:

The NFL is a sham

Bills fan I take it?

On the first TD, I called the hold on Bromley as it happened. Was it fairly innocent, sure but it was a hold.

The second was a call I didnt necessarily agree with because of where the second lineman hit him, but it was a chop by definition. It was also too little too late there though.

The bills self imploded because they are undisciplined with their emotion (it's a product of their coach) if the giants score on that drive instead of the INT, the nail is already in the coffin.

I agree the giants are also undisciplined with false starts and clock management, that's nothing new, but this is not some grand conspiracy.

If the bills played better in the first half offensively (like they did the third quarter) the game likely ends differently. Sometime you just have to take the tin foil off and blame the team and not something else.

The NFL doesn't give a crap who wins because people watch the games no matter what. If the NFL cared about the glamour teams winning the Cowboys and Steelers would be in the playoffs every year. The NFL doesn't care if the Super Bowl is Jacksonville vs. St. Louis or Patriots vs. Cowboys.

Kraft and Goodell are not laughing all the way to the bank. They have a business relationship that has been altered pretty severely since the last offseason.

"Rex = undisciplined" doesn't explain the Jets having fewer penalties than the Bills the last 5yrs. But he doesn't give boring/chalk answers in pressers so ya know, that won't stop it from being the hot take of the week.
The interesting non-chalk PCs are what keeps the heat off Rex from the media. The media loves Rex because he talks smack and gives them quotes. Buffalo is too talented to not make the playoffs this year. Now the offense should get a little pass today cause no McCoy and Watkins was huge. I think Rex needs to improve the LBs on D as they are being exploited by RBs and TEs against NE and NYG. The weak spot on Bills D is passes over the middle of the field and Buffalo needs to improve in the LB core to improve defensively. I was shocked as well with how well the NYG OL got push and they ran the ball better than I thought they would

The NFL doesn't give a crap who wins because people watch the games no matter what. If the NFL cared about the glamour teams winning the Cowboys and Steelers would be in the playoffs every year. The NFL doesn't care if the Super Bowl is Jacksonville vs. St. Louis or Patriots vs. Cowboys.

Kraft and Goodell are not laughing all the way to the bank. They have a business relationship that has been altered pretty severely since the last offseason.

Everything you say here is completely untrue.

Well, I should say, I KNOW the first paragraph is false because I know guys who 1) work for the NFL; 2) sell the ads for the league's networks; 3) buy the ads for the league's networks.

If you think who's playing doesn't matter to these people, you're off by so much I don't think it's worth discussing. Very simply: why did they make it variable for the last 9 weeks which games are Sunday night? It ain't cause it helps the fans. It's because NBC had really bad match-ups.

The second paragraph I'll admit I'm only speculating.

But your first statement tells me you might not know how this whole system works, at all.

Well, I should say, I KNOW the first paragraph is false because I know guys who 1) work for the NFL; 2) sell the ads for the league's networks; 3) buy the ads for the league's networks.

If you think who's playing doesn't matter to these people, you're off by so much I don't think it's worth discussing. Very simply: why did they make it variable for the last 9 weeks which games are Sunday night? It ain't cause it helps the fans. It's because NBC had really bad match-ups.

But your first statement tells me you might not know how this whole system works, at all.
Wanting good matchups in prime time is completely different than the NFL giving a crap who wins.
I mean if the Jaguars-Titans were both good and was the best game for flex scheduling the NFL would put it on SNF. The NFL does want good games in primetime but they don't care who are playing them.

So, after all these years of fixing games, no one has found out? They kept this secret so closely just to fill their coffers? The entire NFL hierarchy, the owners, all the referees? Not a single disgruntled employee who wanted to whistle-blow? Really? Watergate got out to the public but fixing NFL games hasn't?

Alllllllll-righty then.

So you know for a fact that the fix is in yet you watch and still get mad? Makes a ton of sense. Can you have your ad buddies let me know if the Cowboys will cover next Sunday? Asking for a friend.

Brown wouldn't stop. Dumb. OBJ knew when to let it go.

Lost in the insane amount of Bills penalties, is that the Giants had quite a few themselves, including a couple drive killers. Ugly game to watch.

The interesting non-chalk PCs are what keeps the heat off Rex from the media. The media loves Rex because he talks smack and gives them quotes. Buffalo is too talented to not make the playoffs this year. Now the offense should get a little pass today cause no McCoy and Watkins was huge. I think Rex needs to improve the LBs on D as they are being exploited by RBs and TEs against NE and NYG. The weak spot on Bills D is passes over the middle of the field and Buffalo needs to improve in the LB core to improve defensively. I was shocked as well with how well the NYG OL got push and they ran the ball better than I thought they would

I can't speak for the media but to me almost all these coaches are as good as their QB and 50-52 is about as good of a W/L as you can do without a QB. Plus the NYJ D's were almost always good without a great pass-rusher.
Maybe he would've been a better fit for a team that didn't crush with their front 4 last yr & instead needed to manufacture a pass-rush. Three bad halves of defense after four weeks is definitely one or two too many for the talent he has now. Bradham & Brown have been good LBs for the most part. Not that Tyrod has been good in the losses but if that's going to be his floor, it's a lot better than EJ vs Houston and there is absolutely no excuse not to win 11.

I can't speak for the media but to me almost all these coaches are as good as their QB and 50-52 is about as good of a W/L as you can do without a QB. Plus the NYJ D's were almost always good without a great pass-rusher.
Maybe he would've been a better fit for a team that didn't crush with their front 4 last yr & instead needed to manufacture a pass-rush. Three bad halves of defense after four weeks is definitely one or two too many for the talent he has now. Bradham & Brown have been good LBs for the most part. Not that Tyrod has been good in the losses but if that's going to be his floor, it's a lot better than EJ vs Houston and there is absolutely no excuse not to win 11.
The NYJ beat the NE in the playoffs because Shaun Ellis and Mike Devito were great pass rushers by only bringing 3 guys and dropping 8 into coverage. Rex has always had a good DL with NYJ as Sheldon Richardson and Muhammad Wilkerson were good DL these last few years but David Harris is one of the best MLB in the NFL and he was a great fit in Ryan's D.

The Jets D was why Rex was able to win with Mark Sanchez. He deserves credit for that but still Ryan never seemed to care about offense. He just didn't want the offense lose the game and wanted to ground and pound teams.

Honestly the weak spot on the Bills D is the LB core. I don't know anything about Bradham and Brown but they haven't played well in the Pats or Giants games. I do agree that the Buffalo DL needs to step its game up and Darby has been a quality rookie CB he might be the favorite for AFC DROY.

I mean I give more credit to Eli than rip the Bills today. He played under control all game until his last throw. You guys should be a playoff team. I still like Buffalo more than the Jets because as you said Taylor at his bottom has still looked better than Fitzpatrick. The NYJ have a better secondary but I don't think they are going to be better than 9-7 and I still got the Bills at 10-6.

As a small market team, I'm used to getting sh***ed on by the refs but optics-wise, that POS, angry a$$ ref better never do a Buffalo game ever again. It's one thing to play bad, another to play bad and still have ample chances to win and quite another to have those ample chances taken away by a ref who announces a penalty to the crowd like he suspects everyone there to have slept with his wife.

The NYJ beat the NE in the playoffs because Shaun Ellis and Mike Devito were great pass rushers by only bringing 3 guys and dropping 8 into coverage. Rex has always had a good DL with NYJ as Sheldon Richardson and Muhammad Wilkerson were good DL these last few years but David Harris is one of the best MLB in the NFL and he was a great fit in Ryan's D.

The Jets D was why Rex was able to win with Mark Sanchez. He deserves credit for that but still Ryan never seemed to care about offense. He just didn't want the offense lose the game and wanted to ground and pound teams.

Honestly the weak spot on the Bills D is the LB core. I don't know anything about Bradham and Brown but they haven't played well in the Pats or Giants games. I do agree that the Buffalo DL needs to step its game up and Darby has been a quality rookie CB he might be the favorite for AFC DROY.

I mean I give more credit to Eli than rip the Bills today. He played under control all game until his last throw. You guys should be a playoff team. I still like Buffalo more than the Jets because as you said Taylor at his bottom has still looked better than Fitzpatrick. The NYJ have a better secondary but I don't think they are going to be better than 9-7 and I still got the Bills at 10-6.
They're actually really good, Bradham and Brown, Brown especially. Bradham usually makes that tackle but today literally everything went wrong for the Bills.

As a small market team, I'm used to getting sh***ed on by the refs but optics-wise, that POS, angry a$$ ref better never do a Buffalo game ever again. It's one thing to play bad, another to play bad and still have ample chances to win and quite another to have those ample chances taken away by a ref who announces a penalty to the crowd like he suspects everyone there to have slept with his wife.
Who pissed in his Cheerios? That was weird.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom