Is tonight a must win? | Syracusefan.com

Is tonight a must win?

2-3zone

2nd String
With only 2 chances (@Michigan, @Villanova) to get a quality pre-acc win left after tonight is tonight a must win vs. Iowa?

I only ask because I have firmly thought this team would be a bubble team (Last 4 in- First 4 out) since Tyler Ennis left for the NBA and after watching the first 3 games nothing has changed in my mind

Yes, For the sake of this board and many posters.

Last Night, Post Game on here was a Meltdown.

With only 2 chances (@Michigan, @Villanova) to get a quality pre-acc win left after tonight is tonight a must win vs. Iowa?

I only ask because I have firmly thought this team would be a bubble team (Last 4 in- First 4 out) since Tyler Ennis left for the NBA and after watching the first 3 games nothing has changed in my mind
bravo, dude. just bravo

I understand your point, but no.

We're not in contention for a top seed, so OOC wins won't be an important differentiator. And we'll have plenty of SOS games in conference. Given what we saw last night, wins are the most important barometer for this squad. I'm not worried about much else.

Lose to Cal, Iowa, Michigan and Villanova I don't see how SU could make the NCAA tourney with ZERO quality pre-acc wins

Unless you have have already given up on the NCAA tourney and have accepted the NIT

Lose to Cal, Iowa, Michigan and Villanova I don't see how SU could make the NCAA tourney with ZERO quality pre-acc wins

Unless you have have already given up on the NCAA tourney and have accepted the NIT
unless you're already counting Mich and Nova as losses

I understand your point, but no.

We're not in contention for a top seed, so OOC wins won't be an important differentiator. And we'll have plenty of SOS games in conference. Given what we saw last night, wins are the most important barometer for this squad. I'm not worried about much else.

What? OOC matters a lot on the bubble.

What? OOC matters a lot on the bubble.

I don't accept--after game 3--that we are a bubble team.

Win 23-25 games in a loaded ACC, and lack of quality OOC games won't be an issue. Not having them might hurt our seeding relative to other comparable teams, but it won't keep us out of the tournament if we have enough wins.

We haven't lost to Iowa, Michigan, or Nova yet. We aren't as bad as last night showed. This is the time to develop our guys and fix the problems we have (there are many). Are we a top 25 caliber team? Who the hell knows. Its game 4 tonight. Pushing Cooney to the bench, bringing G into the starting lineup is the start. Getting the ball to Rak and Cmac will be the primary offense. I can see those two and G being the key for us this year. If Joseph can play under control and contribute when needed, we'll be ok. Getting to the tourney should be the teams goal, From there anything can happen.

Yep, absolutely a must win. A member of the NCAA Infractions Committee called and put SU on Sudden Death Probation around midnight last night. That means if SU doesn't bring it tonight, then we're docked 10 scholarships for 15 years, post season ban for 25 years, and in 2017 we have to play a 40 game regular season schedule, consisting of all road games at Pittsburgh.

Oh and all team meals not held at Denny's will be considered "extra benefits" until Boeheim retires.

We look like the same poor shooting team that we saw last year, but as bad as we shot yesterday Iowa shot worse...29.6.

Maybe there's hope?

Look at the bright side...damn, where did it go? It was here a minute ago!

No, but it's as close as a November game can be.

I expect we'll lose at Nova and possibly Michigan. 4 OOC losses would be bad, with another handful to come in ACC play. It's not a good idea to be losing to other possible bubble teams so early in the season, or at all for that matter.

Yes, For the sake of this board and many posters.

Last Night, Post Game on here was a Meltdown.

You must be a rookie. Last night was pretty calm

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom