Class of 2015 - Isaiah Briscoe | Page 16 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 Isaiah Briscoe

I think its Arizona all the way. We would be getting an entirely different vibe if he had any intentions of coming here. It has really become tiresome how all recruiting has become so cloak and dagger top secret.

I don't understand why Briscoe is looking at Arizona except for the coaching. Arizona has a commit from a pg in 2014 already so that goes against Dad's belief in belief in being recruited as a pg. Arizona's east coast away schedule since Sean Miller took over is 2013(Clemson), 2012(St Johns, Florida), 2011 (NCState), and 2010(none). So how is a very involved parent going to any games?

Their track record for guards hasn't been the best since Miller has taken over.

Momo Jones- top 100 pg recruit from NY transferred to Iona
Kevin Parrom- top 100 sg recruit from NY averaged 8.3 points and 2 assists in last year(Played only 3 years)
Daniel Bejarano- top 100 pg recruit transferred to Colorado State
Josiah Turner- Top 20 pg recruit transferred to SMU
Nick Johnson- Top 50 sg recuit averaged 11.5 pts and 3 assists in 2nd year
Gabe York- top 100 recruit sg recruit averaged 2.4 points and 1 assist in 1st year under limited minutes
Jordin Mayes- top 100 sg recruit averaged 3 points and 1 assist in 3rd year under limited minutes
Mark Lyons- top 100 pg recruit transferred in from Xavier averaged 16 points and 3 assists in last year and only year

So in 4 years, they recruited 8 guards with 1 transfer in(Lyons), 3 transfer out(Jones, Bejarano, Turner), 1 graduated?(Parrom), and 3 returning(Mayes, York, & Johnson).

Compared to Syracuse in the same time period of recruiting

Brandon Triche- NR pg recruit averaged 14 points and 4 assists in last year
Dion Waiters- top 30 sg recruit averaged 13 points and 3 assists in 2nd year (drafted 4th)
MCW- top 40 pg recruit averaged 12 points and 7 assists in 2nd year(drafted 11th)
Trevor Cooney - top 100 sg averaged 3 points and 1 assist in 1st season

So in 4 years, SU recruited 4 guards with 0 transfers, 2 drafted, 1 graduated, and 1 returning.

Seems like Miller is good at recruiting guards but not furthering their career. Actually, by the numbers Boeheim has done alot better teaching the guards than Miller.

To me I would show the facts to Briscoe's father and ask would you be willing to put your son's basketball future on data like that.

I don't understand why Briscoe is looking at Arizona except for the coaching. Arizona has a commit from a pg in 2014 already so that goes against Dad's belief in belief in being recruited as a pg.
With you, especially on the first point.
http://espn.go.com/college-sports/basketball/recruiting/player/_/id/112613/parker-jackson-cartwright
Wants to be a PG, hah? And play with the #11 ESPN ranked 2014 PG?
Really strange goings on.
Just say Briscoe doesn't reclassify. Call me crazy, but I don't see the #11 2014 5'8 PG jumping to the NBA after Freshman year.

Can they play together? Briscoe - PG, Richardson - SG
probably but I feel like he is like that hot chick who boned some really sleezy dude. We don't want to touch that VD. He was Sean Miller tainted.

He keeps saying "Syracuse of course." He doesn't sound excited at all when mentioning us. All of the signs just keep pointing towards Arizona.

I hope Briscoe wears orange and has a great career doing so. But I get a little leary when parents start positioning a kid for the NBA before he has played his senior year of high school. No matter what school he goes to if he's good enough and shows the right skills the NBA will find him (actually they are probably already aware of him). Heck Dion showed you don't even have to start and you can be the #4 pick and MCW showed you can ride the pine as a freshman and still be a lottery pick. I just hope the kid picks somewhere where he'll be happy and fit in. Whether he picks SU or not I'm sure Ennis and McCullough will have a little to do with his decsion, and I'm fine with that either way.

If you look at it as a parent it's no different than if your kid wants to become a doctor, lawyer or engineer. You are going to help them through the process to find the school which will give them the best chance to succeed achieving their goal.

I hope Briscoe wears orange and has a great career doing so. But I get a little leary when parents start positioning a kid for the NBA before he has played his senior year of high school. No matter what school he goes to if he's good enough and shows the right skills the NBA will find him (actually they are probably already aware of him). Heck Dion showed you don't even have to start and you can be the #4 pick and MCW showed you can ride the pine as a freshman and still be a lottery pick. I just hope the kid picks somewhere where he'll be happy and fit in. Whether he picks SU or not I'm sure Ennis and McCullough will have a little to do with his decsion, and I'm fine with that either way.

Meh...Dion all but started...just didn't have the formality of being on the floor at 20:00 in the first half.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom