Class of 2015 - Isaiah Briscoe | Page 17 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 Isaiah Briscoe

a few good qoutes

Zags article
Good stuff but man, imagine a backcourt of Gist/Briscoe/Malachi if Richardson didn't leave for Trenton?
Yikes!
Even better than last year's lineup of Gist/Saintil/Malachi, even though Saintil was one of the best defenders in NJ.

It was really a 3 guard, but most would consider Malachi an SF at the HS level.

Good stuff but man, imagine a backcourt of Gist/Briscoe/Malachi if Richardson didn't leave for Trenton?
Yikes!
Even better than last year's lineup of Gist/Saintil/Malachi, even though Saintil was one of the best defenders in NJ.

It was really a 3 guard, but most would consider Malachi an SF at the HS level.
Not sure there would be enough basketballs 8mins quarters and a 45sec clock

I don't care for that at all. He's got skills to burn, but the other 4 guys might as well go wait out in the lobby for him to finish his moves. And let's be honest, if he was *that* good on the dribble, he wouldn't need 12 moves to get by a guy.

I don't care for that at all. He's got skills to burn, but the other 4 guys might as well go wait out in the lobby for him to finish his moves. And let's be honest, if he was *that* good on the dribble, he wouldn't need 12 moves to get by a guy.
eh I think this is an event that kind of encourages that kind of play

also he didn't 'need' 12 moves to by a guy, he was just toying with guys

eh I think this is an event that kind of encourages that kind of play

also he didn't 'need' 12 moves to by a guy, he was just toying with guys
Yeah, I agree. It was all in fun, for the crowd. No coach would tolerate this in a competitive game.

Yeah, I agree. It was all in fun, for the crowd. No coach would tolerate this in a competitive game.

I don't like that kind of overdribbling either, but in fairness I have seen him play quite a few games in high school and don't ever remember him playing like that when it mattered.

Not sure if anyone posted this, but Adam Zagoria just tweeted an article which quotes Briscoe saying he is going up to Cuse at the end of the month. For the elite camp, I presume.

http://zagsblog.com/video/briscoe-talks-roselle-catholic-recruiting/
I didn't like the way he handled that interview. Have to respect his game, his toughness on the court, the physicality, the passing ability and that he can score. But the question of a list is certainly nothing too probing and he seemed a little irritated with that and the Malachi question. Now I don't know if there was something with the reporter that we are not aware of but these were fair, practical questions. I just hope he learns to expect these sort of questions as he gets older. After all, it really does come with the territory.

Nevertheless, I think he's an extremely talented player that is a combo in the mold of a Dion/Triche type. And I wouldn't be surprised if his ceiling is as high as Dion's.

Nevertheless, I think he's an extremely talented player that is a combo in the mold of a Dion/Triche type. And I wouldn't be surprised if his ceiling is as high as Dion's.

I think Dion is much more athletic, explosive and quick while Briscoe will probably be much more polished when he gets to college. The Triche comparison I can see, strong well rounded guard although he seems very confident and I would expect he will be a better shooter and more consistent performer offensively than Brandon was. Certainly has the makings of a very good to great college guard.

I think Dion is much more athletic, explosive and quick while Briscoe will probably be much more polished when he gets to college. The Triche comparison I can see, strong well rounded guard although he seems very confident and I would expect he will be a better shooter and more consistent performer offensively than Brandon was. Certainly has the makings of a very good to great college guard.
Completely agree. What I really meant in comparison to Dion was that fearlessness, the ability to attack the lane.
But you're right, different players when it comes to athleticism and that Briscoe is a little more polished at this point in his career.

Btw, although I'm a native New Yorker and miss it, I do have to add that I like how he stuck up for Jersey and said they have the best basketball players. Ah, maybe I overreacted a bit. I watched the clip again, and he didn't seem as frustrated with the questions as I originally thought.

In fact, the cameraman zooms in on him when he says he doesn't have a list.
My bad.

Gymasts and divers laugh.

Sent from my SCH-I200 using Tapatalk 2
I was going to say something about gymnastics, but refrained. I am glad someone did. I have so much respect for gymnasts, since my daughter got involved. They truly are very athletic, both the men and women.

@AdamZagoria: N.C State's Bobby Lutz watched 2015 G Isaiah Briscoe today and head coach Mark Gottfried is expected to watch him soon & possibly offer

Because... Why not?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom