Class of 2015 - Isaiah Briscoe | Page 19 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 Isaiah Briscoe

A nice could've been recruit.

I'm higher on Joseph now.

If he were to come he likely be competing against kaleb Joseph. From what I understand is he doesnt want to compete against anyone.
He would play over Joseph. Joseph is good but Briscoe has been a top 20 guy for awhile for good reason.

He would play over Joseph. Joseph is good but Briscoe has been a top 20 guy for awhile for good reason.
No reason they both couldn't play starters minutes as just guards rather than one pg and one sg.

Joseph is a true pg at 6'3" . Briscoe also 6'3" is an undersized shooting guard who needs learn and play pg if he wants to have any shot at an NBA career. As far as our needs, and the kind of player I think Joseph will be I would take him over Briscoe. It would also be nice to have both, but that's not happening.

That certainly can't be determined yet. Joseph would have a year in the system at that point. Premature anything is bad.

Joseph is a true pg at 6'3" . Briscoe also 6'3" is an undersized shooting guard who needs learn and play pg if he wants to have any shot at an NBA career. As far as our needs, and the kind of player I think Joseph will be I would take him over Briscoe. It would also be nice to have both, but that's not happening.
I don't think this is true at all, just because he wasn't the "PG" the last two years does not mean he has to learn to play it

Well I wouldn't pay too much attention to that because Trey Burke wasn't a top 50 player coming into college and he turned into a player of the year so it's not all about what they're ranked in high school but rather how much they work and progress in college.

I love Joseph and think he will be a very good player for us but Briscoe's offensive game is stronger and much more highly developed IMO. Would love to have him as long as we weren't expected to meet any PT or position demands from his camp.

Sarcasm meter...comin' on strong.
detector.png

I could care less about briscoe at this point. He is all about getting into the league, just like whitehead. He's not coming to college to embrace the team concept. Have fun averaging 18 a game being the man on a mediocre team. Cooney will be a fine 2g the next three years.

I could care less about briscoe at this point. He is all about getting into the league, just like whitehead. He's not coming to college to embrace the team concept. Have fun averaging 18 a game being the man on a mediocre team. Cooney will be a fine 2g the next three years.
That may be a bit harsh. I would agree that he and his family are looking at putting him in the best position to get to the NBA. In order to do that, he has to play point guard. He would likely only get back up minutes at point guard for SU. Therefore, they are looking to find a school that could feature him at point guard his freshman season. If the same situation presented itself at SU that Tyler Ennis came into, I bet he would have committed to SU by now.

That may be a bit harsh. I would agree that he and his family are looking at putting him in the best position to get to the NBA. In order to do that, he has to play point guard. He would likely only get back up minutes at point guard for SU. Therefore, they are looking to find a school that could feature him at point guard his freshman season. If the same situation presented itself at SU that Tyler Ennis came into, I bet he would have committed to SU by now.
Does ANYONE see a scenario where Ennis leaves after two years and Briscoe comes in as a freshman and starts at pg over KJ (being a soph) then declares for the draft and KJ takes over as the starting pg his junior year?

Apparently the ship has sailed on Briscoe, but since this thread is still going and for the point of conversation I'd like to hear what people think about that scenario. My personal thoughts are that it's not very realistic at all, but crazier things have happened.

Maybe Briscoe could start at pg his freshman year with KJ coming off the bench. Maybe Briscoe stays for another year after Cooney and Gbinije are gone and slides over to the two guard and plays more of a scorers role while KJ runs the point. Similar to when Triche moved to the 2 his second year and Scoop was the starting pg.

Idk guys, it's just fun to ponder the what if's lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom