Class of 2015 - Isaiah Briscoe | Page 28 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 Isaiah Briscoe

StopCoolio said:
Steve Lavin might want to start updating that resume for next season. Just went all in and lost.

Another case of a NY/NJ kid thinking a local school isn't good enough for them.

Syracuse may be just far enough from the NY metro area where we actually benefit.

Thought I'd attempt break up the stress of the current Tucker/Ayala/Wilson recruitments with an update on a former target. Best of luck to the kid, hope he succeeds, but this made me chuckle. From his public IG account...

Isaiah Briscoe, "UK Basketball Legend"

The comments are filled with similar reactions from UK fans.

IMG_0908.PNG

Thought I'd attempt break up the stress of the current Tucker/Ayala/Wilson recruitments with an update on a former target. Best of luck to the kid, hope he succeeds, but this made me chuckle. From his public IG account...

Isaiah Briscoe, "UK Basketball Legend"

The comments are filled with similar reactions from UK fans.

View attachment 95776
So I guess to earn "legend" status at UK, the only requirements are to stay more than one year and win zero championships?

OK...got it!

Thanks for adding some humor back into this board...things are getting a bit tense in here recently!

So I guess to earn "legend" status at UK, the only requirements are to stay more than one year and win zero championships?

OK...got it!

Thanks for adding some humor back into this board...things are getting a bit tense in here recently!
I realize that anything UK-related is met with strong dislike on this board but I think you're being a bit harsh. So what if he never made even 2nd team All-SEC, being a "legend" is not always about individual achievement. I mean, this kid was the 4th leading scorer on teams that reached the Round of 32 & Elite 8 in back-to-back years. He did this all while also being VERY fashion-forward. Let's not undervalue that.

Last edited:
I realize that anything UK-related is met with strong dislike on this board but I think you're being a bit harsh. So what if he never made even 2nd team All-SEC, being a "legend" is not always about individual achievement. I mean, this kid was the 4th leading scorer on teams that reached the Round of 32 & Elite 8 in back-to-back years. Let's not undervalue that.
True, and just look at how he developed under Cal. He went from a young ball dominating ball hog with no outside shot to an older ball dominating ball hog with no outside shot, that is truly impressive.

Last edited:
The twist in this thread is why I stick around here among all the recruiting letdowns of this cycle! Thank you all Orange Nation!!!!

It's amazing the love this kid got and how great he was until he went to UK and had two pretty successful years.

It's amazing the love this kid got and how great he was until he went to UK and had two pretty successful years.

Two succesful years? In both years, he wasn't even the best point guard on the team. He can't shoot either. He has nothing that translates over to the NBA. Besides playing with Ennis, I'm not even sure why the staff looked at him.

Two succesful years? In both years, he wasn't even the best point guard on the team. He can't shoot either. He has nothing that translates over to the NBA. Besides playing with Ennis, I'm not even sure why the staff looked at him.

This seems like hyperbole. In Briscoe's defense it wasn't like he was playing with two run of the mill point guards. His back court mates were the number 7 pick in the draft and SEC POY one year then a sure fire top 6-8 pick this year.

We would've been a better team if Briscoe was on our roster the last two years and in our back court. Especially this year.

Interesting to re read this thread as Briscoe just went undrafted last night. Tough decisions on his part. Don't really think he was an NBA player any way he goes, but he didn't put himself in the best position.

Must be people on this board who were hyping him. I thought he was ok in high school. Certainly not a UK type talent. His camp had the nerve to think he was better than Tyler Ennis. They wanted him to go pro and well, better hope he can at least get a G League contract. He would have been better served going to St. John's.

Briscoe 2015 class ranked 13. Undrafted.

Lydon 2015 class ranked 76. Drafted 24.

Cal doesn't develop players, he gets players that are already destined for the league and he babysits them for a year. Then he celebrates with them and piggy backs them on draft night.

If you are a clear one and done, go to UK and enjoy your year long party. If you rank 25 or below, don't choose UK.

Briscoe probably wanted to go back to UK, but wasn't welcome. He got really bothered this week when people were asking him about Kentucky. Sorry for the kid, but UK isn't for everyone.

I don't feel totally sorry for him. His dad was running his recruitment and had his pick of choices but they were looking for that big UK offer.

The kid didnt name himself a UK legend, and it doesnt seem the school did either. It appears to be a drinking even sponsored by Miller Lite. Not that I'm against a good rager at all, but the mockery on here is a bit overboard at times, IMO. This reminds me of the Thomas Bryant thread on the basketball side. If anything, I suppose we could be happy because this might slow down the UK recruiting freight train?

Yeah, right. I suppose it was my right to dream for a moment, though.

Cal doesn't develop players, he gets players that are already destined for the league and he babysits them for a year. Then he celebrates with them and piggy backs them on draft night.

If you are a clear one and done, go to UK and enjoy your year long party. If you rank 25 or below, don't choose UK.

Briscoe probably wanted to go back to UK, but wasn't welcome. He got really bothered this week when people were asking him about Kentucky. Sorry for the kid, but UK isn't for everyone.

I could not agree more with this post. Cal does not develop players. He gets the absolute cream of the crop for a year and then sends them on their way. Who has he developed into a better player, or into something they weren't when they arrived at UK? I'm asking legitimately because I can't think of anyone.

Cal doesn't develop players, he gets players that are already destined for the league and he babysits them for a year. Then he shamelessly humps their legs on draft night on national TV.

Good points. But I had to correct one section.

Yeah, it was kind of funny...once his three 1st rounders were taken, then he makes his TV appearance once again throwing out his recruiting pitch! It almost seemed like he made a whoopsie when he even brought up Briscoe's name. Just went with a "waiting to see what happens with Isaiah Briscoe" statement and then changed topics really quickly.

It's very apparent, Briscoe was told to take a hike. Doesn't take an NBA exec to know that there was no chance he was being drafted!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom