Class of 2015 - Isaiah Briscoe | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 Isaiah Briscoe

Let's not forget a near 6'9 wingspan at the top of the zoneView attachment 1086

I assumed that was a fact because of Jimmy lovin those long armed guys!

I don't know, I just see that fans kind of over hype kids and when I see them play I just don't get the legend that was player x.

He has a lot of talent, but is young and kind of wild. Still learning the game. Assuming he verbals here, there are going to be many comparisons to Dion, in part because of the early verbal thing, and in part because both were physically mature really early.

I will say that, based on a small sample size, I think Isaiah might be further ahead with the mental part of the game that Dion was at the same age.

I hope he stays at St Benedict's his whole HS career. That looks like a great place for him...they stress academics, play a very tough schedule and have a lot of talent on hand to push him.

Thanks tom...can the young man shoot off the dribble and hit an open J? Waiters was a heck of a player but his jump shot was a streaky shooter that was an athletes type shot, I just get the feeling this kid is much the same. I guess I'm just hesitant to get into the hype because I seen many penetraters in high school develop bad habits because they can get away with it at that level and once they get to those college kids that can move and block...their main game is gone and they are left with an average to below average J.

Visiing uconn friday...dont get your hopes up huskies

What with the age of the Jims, I'm not sure why any 2015 kid would commit in 2012. I know Cuse has a coach in waiting, but still...

Not even sure why a school would want a commitment this early. I realize Briscoe is very talented, but considering the kid can always change his mind until he signs, it hamstrings the school a bit. See Trey Lyles and Indiana.

What with the age of the Jims, I'm not sure why any 2015 kid would commit in 2012. I know Cuse has a coach in waiting, but still...

Not even sure why a school would want a commitment this early. I realize Briscoe is very talented, but considering the kid can always change his mind until he signs, it hamstrings the school a bit. See Trey Lyles and Indiana.
when there is a coaching change can't you get out of any commitment?

when there is a coaching change can't you get out of any commitment?

Yes, but that just compounds the point. I doubt either of the Jims (Calhoun and Boeheim) are around when the kid is a freshman, let alone past his freshman year. Maybe Boeheim has a chance to still be coaching then, but he will be 71 when that season starts.

I like he is considering UConn but I'm more concerned about the 2013 class and even the 2014 class. 2015 is just too far away.

You're insane.

First off, for SU, the kid is committing to a program, not a coach. The transition is being developed to be seamless. The kid knows what the change will be, just not when it will happen. The kid knows 10 years from now, when he comes back to visit he will go into the locker room and be greeted by Hop. Don't be trying to spread that UConn stink over here just because the coaches have the same first name.

Secondly, yes the kid could change his mind. But SU has a good track record of keeping kids who make the early commitment. There have been no regrets with Dion or MCW. Much easier to keep a kid than it is to win out in those shady late Spring recruitments.

Third, it would look great in the eyes of a 5 star big. Looking down the road they would see Ennis, and then Briscoe at the guard spots, and want to join that combo. To get that honor they should realize they should sign on early and be prepared for a year of back up duty, because that is the way we like to break them in here.

So please, keep your delusional rationalizations on some other board. Getting an early commitment from Briscoe to SU would be fantastic.

You're insane. OK, you are questioning my sanity because I think it's a bit premature for a high school sophomore to commit to a college program or for grown men to be lamenting the fact he hasn't committed yet. I think you need to go find a mirror and reassess insanity.

First off, for SU, the kid is committing to a program, not a coach. Don't kid yourself, Boheim is your program and all kids know when they think Syracuse head coach. The transition is being developed to be seamless. UNC probably thought the same thing. The kid knows what the change will be, just not when it will happen. The kid knows 10 years from now, when he comes back to visit he will go into the locker room and be greeted by Hop. So you can read the future? I'm sure people thought the same thing about Matt Doherty when he took over. Or Steve Lavin at UCLA. Of course it could happen like it has for Izzo at MSU, but don't kid yourself into thinking it's set in stone. Don't be trying to spread that UConn stink over here just because the coaches have the same first name. OK, whatever floats your boat.

Secondly, yes the kid could change his mind. But SU has a good track record of keeping kids who make the early commitment. There have been no regrets with Dion or MCW. Much easier to keep a kid than it is to win out in those shady late Spring recruitments. LOL at pretending early recruitments are less shady than late recruitments. To your earlier point, UConn has been OK with keeping early commitments also, and those two (Oriakhi and JCM) at least brought a NC with them before they transferred.

Third, it would look great in the eyes of a 5 star big. Looking down the road they would see Ennis, and then Briscoe at the guard spots, and want to join that combo. To get that honor they should realize they should sign on early and be prepared for a year of back up duty, because that is the way we like to break them in here. OK, and I'm delusional and insane, right. Also, you might want to rethink that model, considering Cuse's championship team was playing mostly freshmen and sophomores.

So please, keep your delusional rationalizations on some other board. Clap, clap, clap. That was magnificently redundant and absolutely rude. Also, pot meet kettle. Getting an early commitment from Briscoe to SU would be fantastic. This is true if the kid keeps the commitment, I personally don't trust a commitment until the LOI is signed, but perhaps I follow too much college football...

caw - There can certainly be solid reasons for a kid to commit early to a program. In the case of Briscoe, there are plenty of rational reasons for him to commit to SU - friends, family, history, fit.

SU has a succession plan in place for when JB leaves. It is widely known. I'm sure Briscoe knows it.

It seems logical to think early recruitments are less shady than late ones. There are no bidding wars if the recruit commits early. I don't understand why that would get an lol.

One of the benefits of getting Briscoe early would be a positive affect on recruiting. One example of the positive affects was his potential help with the bigs. Just because the model of having a player develop for a year in the system before assuming the starting position hasn't been adhered to every year does not mean it isn't an excellent strategy. If Briscoe can help bring that desired strategy back into play, it is a positive in my book.

As for the "pot meet kettle" nonsense, you are on an SU board downplaying the possible early commitment of an elite recruit. This would be a great thing for us SU fans. Take the buzz kill over to a UConn board.

caw - There can certainly be solid reasons for a kid to commit early to a program. In the case of Briscoe, there are plenty of rational reasons for him to commit to SU - friends, family, history, fit. I don't disagree that there are rational reasons for him to commit, perhaps.

SU has a succession plan in place for when JB leaves. It is widely known. I'm sure Briscoe knows it. Yes, but it's still not clear on when it's happening. If a kid thinks he is going to have Boeheim for 1 or 2 years and ends up with zero...

It seems logical to think early recruitments are less shady than late ones. There are no bidding wars if the recruit commits early. I don't understand why that would get an lol. When you are talking about a kid as talented as Briscoe, not him necessarily, but kids that are pegged as top prospects as freshmen in high school, the bidding wars can start right away. I think you are being a bit naive. It's a dirty game that starts very early (sometimes even as early as junior high). Please note, I am not saying Cuse does or does not partake in the game, but it starts early and when the kid commits doesn't mean a thing.

One of the benefits of getting Briscoe early would be a positive affect on recruiting. One example of the positive affects was his potential help with the bigs. Just because the model of having a player develop for a year in the system before assuming the starting position hasn't been adhered to every year does not mean it isn't an excellent strategy. If Briscoe can help bring that desired strategy back into play, it is a positive in my book. Possibly. Sometimes it works out this way, sometimes it doesn't.

As for the "pot meet kettle" nonsense, you are on an SU board downplaying the possible early commitment of an elite recruit. This would be a great thing for us SU fans. The "pot meet kettle" was in regards to your comment about "delusional rationalizations", I mean seriously reread what you wrote about it being a honor, etc. Take the buzz kill over to a UConn board. Some call it buzz kill some call it realistic, I could care less.

Caw your program is going down the shitter and you guys will not get Briscoe. Concentrate on juco transfers or something.

LOL, now this is a well thought out post. Briscoe may or may not (likely won't, if you guys are even 1/10th correct) come to UConn, but right now it's way too early to care. I just find it amusing that he is being forced to visit UConn.

LOL, now this is a well thought out post. Briscoe may or may not (likely won't, if you guys are even 1/10th correct) come to UConn, but right now it's way too early to care. I just find it amusing that he is being forced to visit UConn.
Thanks

He's going on the visit to show his parents (who want him to do his due diligence) how shitty other area institutions are. Next is probably Rutgers. Enjoy.

He's going on the visit to show his parents (who want him to do his due diligence) how shitty other area institutions are. Next is probably Rutgers. Enjoy.

I hope he does ;). Wake me up when he signs somewhere.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom