1. Mobile users - At the bottom left of your screen, click on the letters, "A&O," and then click the mobile style.

Class of 2015 Isaiah Briscoe

Discussion in 'Basketball Recruiting Forum' started by Garbs, May 13, 2012.

1. edowd26

edowd26 Hall of Fame

100 % why I'm here. I'm at a syracuse fan site to talk with syracuse fans. I am not on a uconn site, to avoid uconn fans. Unless you want to tell me who our next recruit is, or accurately tell me how tall Jerami grant will be on Oct 15 at noon, Adios.

2. caw

caw Walk On

6'10.3754 is my guess.

3. Sgt Cuse

Sgt Cuse Starter

I like your underlying premise. Get the visits done early. Show the disparity of the state of the programs in contention. Make a decision early. Get acclimated to SU early.

Only caw says an early decision would be a bad thing (and you have to believe he is only spouting that theory because he does not believe that UConn will be the recipient of that decision- if Briscoe was a UConn lean, caw would be happy as a clam).

4. edowd26

edowd26 Hall of Fame

I do worry about early commitments. But I also like that he is very interested in the program. I feel confident he will pick and eventually play at syracuse. But no one can gurantee that until it happens.

5. albanycuse

albanycuse Dion Waiters

You ever think that some early commitments from players is for their own sake, they know where they want to play, they want to get the recruiting process over with and the circus that comes along with it and now they can focus on improving their game only.

giantsfan77 likes this.
  6. orangefog

orangefog All Conference

In general, early commitments seem to cause some issues. Either the player doesn't develop the want the program had expected, or the player realizes that there are other options that they may want to explore. So, one party or the other decides to move on. I am fairly certain and quite confident that the SU staff encourages the player to explore their options, because when they make a commitment to SU, the university and program are making a commitment to them that they won't recruit another player to fill that slot. It has worked well thus far, with as many high schools as Dion Waiters went to, he only went to SU for college. And Michael Carter-Williams never appeared to waiver. I think the staff would only consider a very early commitment from someone that was completely committed and unlikely to waiver.

7. Orangeyes

Orangeyes R.I.P Dan

Don't forget Jonny

tee1222 and DeGrozz like this.
  8. Whitey23

Whitey23 Hall of Fame

9. edowd26

edowd26 Hall of Fame

WTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFF AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH NOOOOOOOOOOO

i feel better.

10. Gabjon

Gabjon All Conference

Quote from Zags article

Briscoe recently picked up an offer from Villanova and will visit Arizona for the Red-Blue Game Oct. 21.
    “I like them, ‘Point Guard University,’” Briscoe said of Arizona.
    His sister, Iasia Hemingway, plays for the Syracuse women’s team, and Briscoe has visited frequently. But he wants it made clear they’re not his favorite.
    “They’re not my leader,” he said. “Syracuse is just Syracuse. My sister is there so I’m always up there. They’re not necessarily my leader. A lot of people think that because my sister went there and I’m always up there.”

link

11. orangefan13

orangefan13 Hall of Fame

If hes going to be that way Blaaahhh
    Just syracuse. 30,000 carrier dome, melo center 3 nation championships, HOF coach. Moving from the best conference in america to the new best competitive conference in america. number 1/2 2 of the last three years for 4/5ths of the season, and his bro Ennis dream school.
    This is like us saying hes just Isaiah Briscoe were just recruiting him because hes always up this way.
    I didn't realize Nova and Zona were special.
    (n)

Well hes young. Maybe thats not what he meant and just wanted to show he had other schools hes interested in.

12. Gabjon

Gabjon All Conference

Dude don't be so sensitive! Respect the process

orangefan13 likes this.
  13. orangefan13

orangefan13 Hall of Fame

No competition or pressure here hes just got to be himself. [​IMG]

14. Madbiker

Madbiker All American

Why is he taking visits as a rising soph? You take early visits junior year. He continues in all interviews to distance himself from SU. If we can get Whitehead in 2014 we should. One in the hand so to speak I'm not encouraged with the recent vibes from Briscoe.

15. OrangeMaNPD

OrangeMaNPD 2nd String

You could also say he's taking all his visits now so he can commit to us sooner.

armory, Francis03 and Gabjon like this.
  16. Gabjon

Gabjon All Conference

It's not like you can tell other schools "I'm wasting your time so my parents will let me commit to the cuse!"

17. bornagainOrange

bornagainOrange Scout Team

relax everyone. Im no insider or recruiting guru, but I would be shocked if Briscoe didnt come here. Im willing to bet he will be here for midnight madness as well. Im sure the staff is keeping tabs on him and would never let him get too far out of reach.

18. Francis03

Francis03 All American

If he always talks up SU, why would anybody want to recruit him? Plus it's always good to not claim favorites publicly because that only gives other programs ammo to negative recruit against ya.

19. Antiprodigy

Antiprodigy 2nd String

ok, first of all, i have a devious mind, and i have a child. So, i was laying in bed wide awake, and i got to thinking about Briscoe, and i came up with this theory.

So, if it were true that Briscoe really wanted to commit to SU, but his parents wouldn't let him do so, so early in the process, wouldn't it be just like a 14-16 yr old (don't know how old he is right now) to say, fine, you don't want me to pick this school that is relatively close by, which my sister goes too, and i really like the players and coaches?

Fine, i will look, and i might even get interested in a school that is all the way on the other side of the country, which will guarantee that you (parents) won't get to see me play very much. Or, you can let me choose this other school that is close, that i really like.

20. Macho Uno

Macho Uno Scout Team

I've gotta say if I were a highly recruited kid I would definately want to get my visits in... and I would be talking up Hawaii a whole lot right about now!

boulderorange and Antiprodigy like this.
  21. armory

armory All American

This sounds the most logical, and I don't say that out of bias.

Think about it. Suppose he was ready to commit to us...

- If I'm his parent I tell him to make sure he isn't making a hasty decision. Make sure he gets some perspective by visiting other schools.
    - If I'm Briscoe and really excited/anxious to commit, but respect my parents enough to take their advice to make other visits ... I make those visits ASAP.

other things that are good about this, as someone who went through the recruiting process ...

- The NCAA forbids a lot of things on visits by younger players like this.
    - It seemingly would take a significant impression to change this kids mind, which is not likely to happen without a full visit complete with all the bells/whistles.
    - He's a relatively unknown 2015 guy, not a big name top 50 2013 recruit... there will not be much if any anticipation by the local fans/students. [see: Tobias Harris]
    - The players he meets on his visit will probably not give him much attention considering how young he is (most will be gone by the time he is a frosh), AND how impending their upcoming season is.

He is only going to be able to get an intangible "feeling" from making other visits due to how limited the visit will have to be, and its unlikely that that would be enough to change the mind of a kid that was otherwise ready to make such an early commit.

22. syr02esq

syr02esq Starter

Hope we land him.

23. CusefanATL

CusefanATL Hall of Fame

if we get roberson, doesnt that take us out of dakari sweepstakes?

24. iommi

iommi All American

I would think so--no room in the inn.

25. ROCcuse

ROCcuse Scout Team

Briscoe and Ennis talk about why they are the best backcourt in the nation

Whitey23 and Francis03 like this.

Web Hosting Service by Host Duplex