Class of 2015 - Isaiah Briscoe | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 Isaiah Briscoe

Fine, I'll let you guys circle jerk.
100 % why I'm here. I'm at a syracuse fan site to talk with syracuse fans. I am not on a uconn site, to avoid uconn fans. Unless you want to tell me who our next recruit is, or accurately tell me how tall Jerami grant will be on Oct 15 at noon, Adios.

100 % why I'm here. I'm at a syracuse fan site to talk with syracuse fans. I am not on a uconn site, to avoid uconn fans. Unless you want to tell me who our next recruit is, or accurately tell me how tall Jerami grant will be on Oct 15 at noon, Adios.

6'10.3754 is my guess.

He's going on the visit to show his parents (who want him to do his due diligence) how shitty other area institutions are. Next is probably Rutgers. Enjoy.
I like your underlying premise. Get the visits done early. Show the disparity of the state of the programs in contention. Make a decision early. Get acclimated to SU early.

Only caw says an early decision would be a bad thing (and you have to believe he is only spouting that theory because he does not believe that UConn will be the recipient of that decision- if Briscoe was a UConn lean, caw would be happy as a clam).

I like your underlying premise. Get the visits done early. Show the disparity of the state of the programs in contention. Make a decision early. Get acclimated to SU early.

Only caw says an early decision would be a bad thing (and you have to believe he is only spouting that theory because he does not believe that UConn will be the recipient of that decision- if Briscoe was a UConn lean, caw would be happy as a clam).
I do worry about early commitments. But I also like that he is very interested in the program. I feel confident he will pick and eventually play at syracuse. But no one can gurantee that until it happens.

You ever think that some early commitments from players is for their own sake, they know where they want to play, they want to get the recruiting process over with and the circus that comes along with it and now they can focus on improving their game only.

In general, early commitments seem to cause some issues. Either the player doesn't develop the want the program had expected, or the player realizes that there are other options that they may want to explore. So, one party or the other decides to move on. I am fairly certain and quite confident that the SU staff encourages the player to explore their options, because when they make a commitment to SU, the university and program are making a commitment to them that they won't recruit another player to fill that slot. It has worked well thus far, with as many high schools as Dion Waiters went to, he only went to SU for college. And Michael Carter-Williams never appeared to waiver. I think the staff would only consider a very early commitment from someone that was completely committed and unlikely to waiver.

You're insane.

First off, for SU, the kid is committing to a program, not a coach. The transition is being developed to be seamless. The kid knows what the change will be, just not when it will happen. The kid knows 10 years from now, when he comes back to visit he will go into the locker room and be greeted by Hop. Don't be trying to spread that UConn stink over here just because the coaches have the same first name.

Secondly, yes the kid could change his mind. But SU has a good track record of keeping kids who make the early commitment. There have been no regrets with Dion or MCW. Much easier to keep a kid than it is to win out in those shady late Spring recruitments.

Third, it would look great in the eyes of a 5 star big. Looking down the road they would see Ennis, and then Briscoe at the guard spots, and want to join that combo. To get that honor they should realize they should sign on early and be prepared for a year of back up duty, because that is the way we like to break them in here.

So please, keep your delusional rationalizations on some other board. Getting an early commitment from Briscoe to SU would be fantastic.
Don't forget Jonny

WTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFF AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH NOOOOOOOOOOO

i feel better.

Quote from Zags article

Briscoe recently picked up an offer from Villanova and will visit Arizona for the Red-Blue Game Oct. 21.
“I like them, ‘Point Guard University,’” Briscoe said of Arizona.
His sister, Iasia Hemingway, plays for the Syracuse women’s team, and Briscoe has visited frequently. But he wants it made clear they’re not his favorite.
“They’re not my leader,” he said. “Syracuse is just Syracuse. My sister is there so I’m always up there. They’re not necessarily my leader. A lot of people think that because my sister went there and I’m always up there.”

link

If hes going to be that way Blaaahhh
Just syracuse. 30,000 carrier dome, melo center 3 nation championships, HOF coach. Moving from the best conference in america to the new best competitive conference in america. number 1/2 2 of the last three years for 4/5ths of the season, and his bro Ennis dream school.
This is like us saying hes just Isaiah Briscoe were just recruiting him because hes always up this way.
I didn't realize Nova and Zona were special.
(n)

Well hes young. Maybe thats not what he meant and just wanted to show he had other schools hes interested in.

If hes going to be that way Blaaahhh
Just syracuse. 30,000 carrier dome, melo center 3 nation championships, HOF coach. Moving from the best conference in america to the new best competitive conference in america. number 1/2 2 of the last three years for 4/5ths of the season, and his bro Ennis dream school.
This is like us saying hes just Isaiah Briscoe were just recruiting him because hes always up this way.
I didn't realize Nova and Zona were special.
(n)

Well hes young. Maybe thats not what he meant and just wanted to show he had other schools hes interested in.

Dude don't be so sensitive! Respect the process

No competition or pressure here hes just got to be himself.
biggrin.png

Why is he taking visits as a rising soph? You take early visits junior year. He continues in all interviews to distance himself from SU. If we can get Whitehead in 2014 we should. One in the hand so to speak I'm not encouraged with the recent vibes from Briscoe.

Why is he taking visits as a rising soph? You take early visits junior year. He continues in all interviews to distance himself from SU. If we can get Whitehead in 2014 we should. One in the hand so to speak I'm not encouraged with the recent vibes from Briscoe.

You could also say he's taking all his visits now so he can commit to us sooner.

It's not like you can tell other schools "I'm wasting your time so my parents will let me commit to the cuse!"

relax everyone. Im no insider or recruiting guru, but I would be shocked if Briscoe didnt come here. Im willing to bet he will be here for midnight madness as well. Im sure the staff is keeping tabs on him and would never let him get too far out of reach.

If he always talks up SU, why would anybody want to recruit him? Plus it's always good to not claim favorites publicly because that only gives other programs ammo to negative recruit against ya.

ok, first of all, i have a devious mind, and i have a child. So, i was laying in bed wide awake, and i got to thinking about Briscoe, and i came up with this theory.

So, if it were true that Briscoe really wanted to commit to SU, but his parents wouldn't let him do so, so early in the process, wouldn't it be just like a 14-16 yr old (don't know how old he is right now) to say, fine, you don't want me to pick this school that is relatively close by, which my sister goes too, and i really like the players and coaches?

Fine, i will look, and i might even get interested in a school that is all the way on the other side of the country, which will guarantee that you (parents) won't get to see me play very much. Or, you can let me choose this other school that is close, that i really like.

You could also say he's taking all his visits now so he can commit to us sooner.
This sounds the most logical, and I don't say that out of bias.

Think about it. Suppose he was ready to commit to us...

- If I'm his parent I tell him to make sure he isn't making a hasty decision. Make sure he gets some perspective by visiting other schools.
- If I'm Briscoe and really excited/anxious to commit, but respect my parents enough to take their advice to make other visits ... I make those visits ASAP.

other things that are good about this, as someone who went through the recruiting process ...

- The NCAA forbids a lot of things on visits by younger players like this.
- It seemingly would take a significant impression to change this kids mind, which is not likely to happen without a full visit complete with all the bells/whistles.
- He's a relatively unknown 2015 guy, not a big name top 50 2013 recruit... there will not be much if any anticipation by the local fans/students. [see: Tobias Harris]
- The players he meets on his visit will probably not give him much attention considering how young he is (most will be gone by the time he is a frosh), AND how impending their upcoming season is.

He is only going to be able to get an intangible "feeling" from making other visits due to how limited the visit will have to be, and its unlikely that that would be enough to change the mind of a kid that was otherwise ready to make such an early commit.

Sunday, December 18th looks like a great game to go to for any NJ posters like myself. Tyler Ennis and Isaiah Briscoe and St. Benedict's square off against Tyler Roberson and Roselle Catholic. Game is slated to tip-off at 6:40. Are there any other players of interest to SU on either team?

I hope to be there to take notes and give a full scouting report of each of the players. If and NJ posters want to meet up, send me a message. I plan to wear plenty of Orange. I live about 20 minutes away so this will be easy for me to get to, assuming I don't have any scheduling conflicts.

Hope Roberson is Orange soon to make this more interesting.

if we get roberson, doesnt that take us out of dakari sweepstakes?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom