Class of 2019 - PF Isaiah Stewart (NY/LaLumiereIN) to Washington | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 PF Isaiah Stewart (NY/LaLumiereIN) to Washington

Status
Not open for further replies.
What school is that in between Tennessee and Ohio state? It looks like a dr Seuss charachter
Saint_Louis_Billikens03.jpg

Talked to a guy pretty connected at McQuad. SU has almost no chance at this point. He's all about Georgetown.
As you know, from other posters, his "mentor" is a Gtown grad.
However, if someone wants to monkey wrench that, the Gtown grad is paying the McQuad tuition.

Well, this blurb from the D and C is not good. Seems like this kid is s longshot, and SU needs to recapture its mojo in Rochester:

A lot of buzz around Stewart revolves around this question: When will he leave for a prep school? That’s the route former Bishop Kearney star and Indiana University sophomore center Thomas Bryant took. He left after his sophomore season.

But Stewart’s father, Dela, said Wednesday his son doesn’t need to go anywhere to grab the eye of recruiters. They know who and where he is.

“I want him to stay at McQuaid and get his degree,” said Mr. Stewart, a native of Jamaica who was wearing a Georgetown hat. “He’s got a lot of offers already.”

Well, this blurb from the D and C is not good. Seems like this kid is s longshot, and SU needs to recapture its mojo in Rochester:

A lot of buzz around Stewart revolves around this question: When will he leave for a prep school? That’s the route former Bishop Kearney star and Indiana University sophomore center Thomas Bryant took. He left after his sophomore season.

But Stewart’s father, Dela, said Wednesday his son doesn’t need to go anywhere to grab the eye of recruiters. They know who and where he is.

“I want him to stay at McQuaid and get his degree,” said Mr. Stewart, a native of Jamaica who was wearing a Georgetown hat. “He’s got a lot of offers already.”
The guy paying his way to McQuaid is a Gtown grad. Quid pro quo.

I see that McQuaid is back healthy and playing well. NYS has produced some legit talent that we need to cultivate. Loosing Thomas Bryant and likely Stewart really sucks. There was a clip on 13 news about a recent McQuaid game and there is another kid on the team (Cam Wilson) that goes 6-9 232. His numbers were 7.3 pts, 8.3 reb., and 4.7 blocks. He def is not SU type a kid but just sayin there is talent to sift through upstate.

I see that McQuaid is back healthy and playing well. NYS has produced some legit talent that we need to cultivate. Loosing Thomas Bryant and likely Stewart really sucks. There was a clip on 13 news about a recent McQuaid game and there is another kid on the team (Cam Wilson) that goes 6-9 232. His numbers were 7.3 pts, 8.3 reb., and 4.7 blocks. He def is not SU type a kid but just sayin there is talent to sift through upstate.
This kid is a 2019 recruit. Why are you so sure that a. we won't get him and b. we want him?

This kid is a 2019 recruit. Why are you so sure that a. we won't get him and b. we want him?
A. Read the thread.
B. We've offered him.

EDIT: Didn't mean to sound so blunt. If you recap just this page, you'll see that he appears to be a heavy G'Town lean for a few reasons.

Last edited:
I didn't read the thread but the kid is a 2019 recruit. A lot changes between now and then. For one thing, we will have a new coach.
I would be delighted if we can make a play for him. As for the info that I have read about him it will be a surprise if he doesn't go to Georgetown. I do like your optimism though.

I didn't read the thread but the kid is a 2019 recruit. A lot changes between now and then. For one thing, we will have a new coach.
What doesn't change is the guy paying for him to go to McQuaid is a Georgetown grad and pretty influential in the black community in Rochester.
As I posted earlier in the thread, if the NCAA looked, the kid is likely ineleigible in general, and can't attend Georgetown for sure.

If a recruit has been offered, it will state that in the thread title.

What doesn't change is the guy paying for him to go to McQuaid is a Georgetown grad and pretty influential in the black community in Rochester.
As I posted earlier in the thread, if the NCAA looked, the kid is likely ineleigible in general, and can't attend Georgetown for sure.
This doc/youth coach/friend of Patrick Ewing is paying for the kid to go to McQuaid? You sure? http://health.usnews.com/doctors/michael-maloney-475673

Status
Not open for further replies.