Class of 2019 - PF Isaiah Stewart (NY/LaLumiereIN) to Washington | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 PF Isaiah Stewart (NY/LaLumiereIN) to Washington

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hop leaving is the best thing to happen to the program. Won't have to deal with mediocrity for years and having to fire him. Can hire a great guy right away.
Since you could see the future, would you mind giving me the Powerball numbers? Doesn't have to be a huge jackpot. Thanks.

Since you could see the future, would you mind giving me the Powerball numbers? Doesn't have to be a huge jackpot. Thanks.
Just being realistic here. The chances of Syracuse hiring an established coach and him succeeding is better than an unproven assistant coach who hasn't been able to land another job. I wish him the best but I'm more excited without him than with.

Just being realistic here. The chances of Syracuse hiring an established coach and him succeeding is better than an unproven assistant coach who hasn't been able to land another job. I wish him the best but I'm more excited without him than with.
I understand your apprehension with Hop, but let's be real here. Dude turned down a few opportunities at head coaching jobs over the years to stay at Cuse as he thought his time was coming.

I understand your apprehension with Hop, but let's be real here. Dude turned down a few opportunities at head coaching jobs over the years to stay at Cuse as he thought his time was coming.
But he was ready to grab the USC job a couple of years ago. St Bonnies and Charlotte would not be considered plum jobs. We don't know know it there were others that he was interested in or passed on.

But he was ready to grab the USC job a couple of years ago. St Bonnies and Charlotte would not be considered plum jobs. We don't know know it there were others that he was interested in or passed on.
That's pretty much what I was saying. We know of those, but there may have been others. My reply was to the comment of him not being able to land other jobs. He definitely could have, he chose to stick with it and wait it out.

Could be a favorite to Georgetown now that Pat has been hired and he has connections to him.

Could be a favorite to Georgetown now that Pat has been hired and he has connections to him.
GTown has been the favorite and becomes even more. Ewing has to prove to me that he can recruit and run a college program. Will he chase 16 year old kids around the country? The ones who think they are God's gift to basketball

I am calling the NCAA (not kidding) about that relationship. Just an fyi
what is the extent of that relationship that the NCAA needs to be warned about?

Oshae Brissett is Jamaican so maybe that will help. I'm also pretty sure Oshae is not paying Stewarts tuition.

Nothing much. I have heard that Ewing is paying the tuition for Stewart's school.
What is the connection though? Why would Ewing be doing that?

Isaiah's dad is from Jamaica, just like Ewing. Childhood friends or something, possibly?

Edit: This article provides a little bit of context for the relationship:

Meet McQuaid freshman sensation Isaiah Stewart
Thanks. It doesn't sound like it was a childhood friendship, unless the father was purposely being vague. I know that was a year ago, but it seems odd the Ewing would be paying the kid's tuition now.

I wonder if that would be deemed a violation though.

Status
Not open for further replies.