It is frustrating... | Syracusefan.com

It is frustrating...

McNabb05

Walk On
This is a great place to get information and to speculate. However, the immaturity, the nonsense, and the attacks make joining a discussion pointless. After reading the post about reigning in the nonsense, I thought I might sign up.

Considering that I have a Danny Schayes autograph, and have seen a football game in Archibold Stadium, I might find some interesting conversation. If you have nothing to add or can't make a constructivge argument, why waste time insulting or attacking someone? I don't get it.

If you are a registered user, then you must be a fan of some sort. They are 23-0, ranked #1 in both polls, and on the verge of one of the best seasons ever. If that isn't a reason to be dancing on the roof tops and loving everyone that wears Orange, I don't know what is. Considering the beatings the football team took last season, this should be the happiest damn message board in sports.

So as this is going to be the last time I post on a message board,

So long, I'll see you at the game.

What, you don't go to the games? Somehow that doesn't surprise me. Seeing as how I have had my choice of seats for the last 60 home football games.

Are you referencing pearl31's response of "huh?" to one of your posts in the "If (God forbid) Keita is out for the res of the year" thread? I really don't think he was attacking you...

No, that wasn't an attack and I did not refer to it as an attack. I appreciate sarcam, and in fact, I enjoy it. But only when the sarcastic comment can contribute to, discredit, or compliment my point.

To simply post comments with the intent to be sarcastic and not add value is just ridiculous.

I was a member of this message board a couple years ago and stopped making comments because of nonsense. I just wanted to add my two cents before I became a silent reader again.

There are many knowledgeable fans that would enjoy, and contirbute to this forum, but don't bother because of the nonsense. It's a shame. My Dad could fascinate SU fans with his stories. But he would never engage here because of the ignorant sarcasm.

Last edited:
Case in point. Stories about watching Jim Brown practice and play lacrosse. Stories about running down Euclid with Ernie Davis. Years of awesome history and experience to be shared. It is a wasted opportunity.

Case in point. Stories about watching Jim Brown practice and play lacrosse. Stories about running down Euclid with Ernie Davis. Years of awesome history and experience to be shared. It is a wasted opportunity.

So start a thread talking about some of these experiences... You made no mention of them in the posts that you are complaining about. You joined a conversation, people didnt agree with you, and you post this rant.

I'm sure if you share some Jim Brown stories, people will join in..

my goodness...

REALLY? :bang:

do me a favor... and i say this nicely. Stop being a baby - start a new thread called "my memories with Ernie"

Put a pic if you have 1 + tell a story = watch the engagement and reaction that ensues.

this is a forum. not a country club.

when you see a thread that doesnt interest you - skip it. I do it all the time.

francis.jpg

Oh go tell your stories to a wall. I'm sure it'll make a better audience than us, because YOU go to games, and of course no one else does (for the record, I don't...because I live in Texas, and that's a hell of a commute).

I can't stand any "you guys should be begging to talk to me!" attitude and your post was the best example I've seen in a long time.

So for that, I guess we really SHOULD thank you. I needed a good chuckle.

(Oh and my dad coached Danny Schayes in CYO ball so I guess you should want to talk to ME, eh?)

Don't forget that lost romantic weekend in that little cabin on the lake with you, NASA astronaut Eileen Collins, and the Saltine Warrior. The air in springtime was so much sweeter back then, wasn't it?

And what was that waiter's name... Jean Luc!

"Considering that I have a Danny Schayes autograph, and have seen a football game in Archibold Stadium, I might find some interesting conversation."

I'm so sorry, but that line is hysterical.

I didn't laugh until I read your response, then I re-read the original post and cracked up. all the b*tching & moaning that's going on around here lately is out of control. Now, if you'll excuse me, I've got to go rebound for Cooney & then run around campus with CJ.

I have gerry macs autograph, grew up 15 minutes from where he did and fished at the same lake at the same time. Yet for some reason i struggle finding a good conversation on here. No one wants to know about how much bigger my fish was than Gerry's.

This is a great place to get information and to speculate. However, the immaturity, the nonsense, and the attacks make joining a discussion pointless. After reading the post about reigning in the nonsense, I thought I might sign up.

Considering that I have a Danny Schayes autograph, and have seen a football game in Archibold Stadium, I might find some interesting conversation. If you have nothing to add or can't make a constructivge argument, why waste time insulting or attacking someone? I don't get it.

If you are a registered user, then you must be a fan of some sort. They are 23-0, ranked #1 in both polls, and on the verge of one of the best seasons ever. If that isn't a reason to be dancing on the roof tops and loving everyone that wears Orange, I don't know what is. Considering the beatings the football team took last season, this should be the happiest damn message board in sports.

So as this is going to be the last time I post on a message board,

So long, I'll see you at the game.

What, you don't go to the games? Somehow that doesn't surprise me. Seeing as how I have had my choice of seats for the last 60 home football games.
buzzkillington.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom