Its game week | Syracusefan.com

Its game week

Season ticket year 28. I think this year has new hope. I was in the dome last night...a little bad news ...only 5 Tubas at Freshmen Convocation. Sorry Tom
Devastating.

I heard we we in good shape with 20-25 of the best HS senior tuba players in the country. This was going to be THE year of the TUBA.

Julliard probably killed us. Again.

We will make do. Maybe convert a couple of undersized clarinet players. Maybe recruit one of the male cheerleaders (we need a Gumby type).

Just give me 12 tubas. That is all I want and the season will be a success. Why?

If you tuba it, they will come.

Devastating.

I heard we we in good shape with 20-25 of the best HS senior tuba players in the country. This was going to be THE year of the TUBA.

Julliard probably killed us. Again.

We will make do. Maybe convert a couple of undersized clarinet players. Maybe recruit one of the male cheerleaders (we need a Gumby type).

Just give me 12 tubas. That is all I want and the season will be a success. Why?

If you tuba it, they will come.

I have a source inside the music department. According to her, we have an AA tuba player transferring from Nebraska and enrolling later this week.

But, if that tuba player don't fit, she must ah.... quit.

My guy told me today this is a different team (yea I know we always here that with new season and staff). He said they ran 200 plays the other day and still had room for more plays. Said the energy and stamina are so much improved and they are excited for Friday.

Fall practices went by so damn fast... This team ready or not is headed in the right direction. There is finally a light at the end of the long dark tunnel, and it's not just a candle or flashlight, it's a freakin' monster floodlight...

My guy told me today this is a different team (yea I know we always here that with new season and staff). He said they ran 200 plays the other day and still had room for more plays. Said the energy and stamina are so much improved and they are excited for Friday.

oh, god, snippets like this are going to make me useless this week. I am so ready for Friday!

For the locals: the New York State Fair is officially revamped and is excellent. You will notice the difference right away. Spacious, clean, lighting at night looks great.

A must go if you haven't been yet. Take some time today or tomorrow to help pass the time till game night

Orijinal said:
For the locals: the New York State Fair is officially revamped and is excellent. You will notice the difference right away. Spacious, clean, lighting at night looks great. A must go if you haven't been yet. Take some time today or tomorrow to help pass the time till game night

Was shocked at the lack of typical congestion. All the old traffic jam spots are non existent. The lighted "aisles" of the midway were quite impressive as well.

Much more pleasant experience.

For the locals: the New York State Fair is officially revamped and is excellent. You will notice the difference right away. Spacious, clean, lighting at night looks great.

A must go if you haven't been yet. Take some time today or tomorrow to help pass the time till game night
going tomorrow, excited to see the changes. They didn't mess with the colonnade where the beer/food vendors are, did they?

Season ticket year 28. I think this year has new hope. I was in the dome last night...a little bad news ...only 5 Tubas at Freshmen Convocation. Sorry Tom

Any idea of what kind of crowd to expect? What kind of overlap is there between Florida Georgia Line and SU football fans?

Watch this Syracuse vs VT 2002 and try not to get excited for an upset victory in the dome this year! I'm looking at you FSU!!!

I was in 316 for that game. I almost fell down the stairs I started jumping around so much when they caught the int. One of my greatest Dome memories.

I was in 316 for that game. I almost fell down the stairs I started jumping around so much when they caught the int. One of my greatest Dome memories.

I've yet to have that Dome moment yet. I'll be attending the Clemson game so hopefully they create a road memory!

As fans, we are so not ready for this.

Quick question if you guys don't mind helping out.
Former ST holder who hasn't been to the Dome for a football game in 4 years (kids + weekend work hours). We're taking my 5 year old to the Colgate game. Any advice on parking? I'd like the lessen his walk (ie- me carrying him) as much as possible. I figure the game on a week night may only complicate things.
I used to be a steadfast VA garage guy, but that option doesn't exist anymore. Thanks for any help in advance. Feel free to end me a message if you don't want to clog the thread.

Quick question if you guys don't mind helping out.
Former ST holder who hasn't been to the Dome for a football game in 4 years (kids + weekend work hours). We're taking my 5 year old to the Colgate game. Any advice on parking? I'd like the lessen his walk (ie- me carrying him) as much as possible. I figure the game on a week night may only complicate things.
I used to be a steadfast VA garage guy, but that option doesn't exist anymore. Thanks for any help in advance. Feel free to end me a message if you don't want to clog the thread.
Skytop is your best bet. Limited walking to the shuttle and across the quad. Also my kids love the 'Manley/Carmelo' tour as we drive through the Manley parking lots. If your kid has never rode on a city bus before, it simply adds to the experience as well. When you get off the bus, they have bouncy houses and stuff setup in the quad for the kids too. I'd say try to get on the bus an hour before kick and enjoy a little time in the quad before you head in.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom