~ its National Signing Day!!! | Syracusefan.com

~ its National Signing Day!!!

Shark58

BANNED
giphy.gif

syracuse-cheerleaders.jpg

Chat room is open!

Impressive class Baber's put together! Following the list of signees in, noticed there's not a single NY kid thus far - but those in are from non-traditional recruiting grounds.

Impressive class Baber's put together! Following the list of signees in, noticed there's not a single NY kid thus far - but those in are from non-traditional recruiting grounds.
Agree this is a good class and would like to see more from NY/NJ going forward.
BTW, good to hear from you again. Hope Alec is well!

Agree this is a good class and would like to see more from NY/NJ going forward.
BTW, good to hear from you again. Hope Alec is well!

Eh, the best thing about this class, IMO, is how many traditional HS football factories we got guys from. That's more important than getting guys from NYS, where the elite prospects are few and far between

and we're back in Maryland finally. Do you know anything about the Butler kid?

ESPN saying we are #13 in ACC - any idea what the national ranking is? (Gotta say, ACC is doing very well with recruiting - should be a very fun league for years to come)

My take is its been a pretty good day, kept one lost one but i think the keeper was more important.

and we're back in Maryland finally. Do you know anything about the Butler kid?
Sorry, haven't really been paying any attention to high school the last couple years - even Arundel! Know nothing about Butler, but he's from Douglass and they've a good program. Another traditional powerhouse school... Really enjoying the break from football year round! :)

Following the list of signees in, noticed there's not a single NY kid thus far.
Definitely have to do a better job landing the kids from our own back yard...even when there are so few of them.

Two of the top prospects in the state were from Rochester - one chose Penn State (QB Zembiec), the other Notre Dame (LB Jones). Two kids from the Binghamton area chose Boston College.

It would be nice to have a pipeline to downstate players but it's the upstate kids that bother me. It's tough to compete with the powerhouses but I hope someday the program is at a point where the local kids want to go to Syracuse over anyone else.

orangenirvana said:
Definitely have to do a better job landing the kids from our own back yard...even when there are so few of them. Two of the top prospects in the state were from Rochester - one chose Penn State (QB Zembiec), the other Notre Dame (LB Jones). Two kids from the Binghamton area chose Boston College. It would be nice to have a pipeline to downstate players but it's the upstate kids that bother me. It's tough to compete with the powerhouses but I hope someday the program is at a point where the local kids want to go to Syracuse over anyone else.

I wouldn't worry for long. Babers said NY was picked over this late in the game - but they'll be after the top in state talent from here on out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom