It's official: Hop is the next coach | Syracusefan.com

It's official: Hop is the next coach

Status
Not open for further replies.
Contracts usually are official. Unless they wanted to buy him out.

So one of the things that has been talked about is "will the new AD want to look elsewhere for a replacement". Does this mean they reached out to Coyle about it already, and he said Hop was his man?

i've heard this like 10x in the last 5 years. At this point file this under "i'll believe it when I see it". If this team falls off a cliff for the next 2 years under Boeheim is Hopkins still the guy who is taking over? I like Mike and I harbor zero complaints about this but I fail to see what the rush is in doing this. He hasn't left yet why do we think this will keep him from leaving now?

Thankfully!! So important for stability and to re-assure current and future recruits so there is certainty about the HC.

longtimefan said:
Good, though, to have everybody on board, publicly. This also may give recruiting a little nudge right now.

Yep

i've heard this like 10x in the last 5 years. At this point file this under "i'll believe it when I see it". If this team falls off a cliff for the next 2 years under Boeheim is Hopkins still the guy who is taking over? I like Mike and I harbor zero complaints about this but I fail to see what the rush is in doing this. He hasn't left yet why do we think this will keep him from leaving now?
It is needed for recruiting. 2017 and 2018 class need certainty as to Hop being the coach. They are recruiting these kids now. Top kids are not considering a school where the coaching situation is an unknown. This restores stability and is very important.

I hope you're right but the dude is over 70. Just saying. We're heading into unchartered waters with a senior citizen at the helm.
So would you say the waters are more charted or uncharted now that this will be official?

While we have known this, it is the OFFICIAL announcement from the Chancellor. Not the "we all sort of know it anyways".

While we have known this, it is the OFFICIAL announcement from the Chancellor. Not the "we all sort of know it anyways".
Agreed. The last couple months for some reason there's been some confusion about the whole thing, so to have it made official by the new regime was a huge step. Good for Hop. No one I'd rather have succeeding JB.

My tea leaves reading is this is JB's last year - particularly if he gets some relief from his appeal.

I love Hop, but it sounds like a message needed to be sent on the recruiting trail more than anything else.

M2MPrinciples said:
I love Hop, but it sounds like a message needed to be sent on the recruiting trail more than anything else.

I think that too. Recruiting (Battle) and also JB won't stay 3 IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom