It's showtime -- let the (NBA) games begin! | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

It's showtime -- let the (NBA) games begin!

Knicks fans booing Melo after he air balls a 3. Morons. The Knicks have been relevant for about 3 seasons since the 90s...all of them because of Melo.

The Gail Goodrich Lakers-Jazz trade is probably the worst of alltime just because it gave the Lakers Magic Johnson.

However Billy King giving the Celtics 3 unprotected First round picks for
Kevin Garnett and Paul Pierce is probably the worst modern trade.

It makes Isaiah Thomas trading 2 lottery picks for Eddie Curry look good.

How a team could give up the 3rd overall pick, this year probable top 3 pick, and next year's probable lottery pick for 1 year of Paul Pierce and 1.5 years of KG.

Knick fans is Melo going to be open to trade? If so what would the likely return be?
The cash-strapped NY Nets selling a 26-year-old Julius Erving to the 76ers for $3M upon entry to the NBA may be the worst deal of all time.

If Zaza actually ends up starting, I agree. That's just too dumb.

It's literally impossible unless the players also believe Zaza should start in the all-star game.

The cash-strapped NY Nets selling a 26-year-old Julius Erving to the 76ers for $3M upon entry to the NBA may be the worst deal of all time.
That was a bad trade but Bill Simmons book explained it.
The Nets owed the Knicks 3 million dollars as part of a territorial fee for allowing them into the NBA in the NBA-ABA merger.
The Nets owner wanted out of that fee so he had to sell Doc.
The Nets offered Dr.J to the Knicks in exchange for waiving the fee. The Knicks declined so the Nets sold him to the 76ers.
The Knicks have had bad management for a long time.
I think 33 year old Gail Goodrich for 2 picks which one of turned into Magic Johnson.

Anthony Bennett, 2013 NBA first overall pick now playing in Europe somewhere. What the heck happened? Low BBall IQ? No jam? Too soft?

The Warriors destroyed the Cavs tonight. Wow. June is a long ways away though.

Well both but Lebron is so good that he doesn't need to be clowning around like this looking so pathetic.

As long as he gets the call (flagrant I mean) he has incentive to do so.

The Warriors destroyed the Cavs tonight. Wow. June is a long ways away though.

I think ESPN flashed something on the bottom line saying their projection system has it at like 26% that the Cavs face the Warriors in the finals again, which to me, seems really low. like, unless Lebron gets hurt, who is beating t he Cavs in the east? and in the west is anyone pushing the warriors?

Does Cleveland lose a game in the Eastern Conference playoffs?
Toronto, Boston, Milwaukee might be able to win one home game.
The East is so bad.
The West atleast you can convince me the Rockets/Spurs could beat the Warriors.

Does Cleveland lose a game in the Eastern Conference playoffs?
Toronto, Boston, Milwaukee might be able to win one home game.
The East is so bad.
The West atleast you can convince me the Rockets/Spurs could beat the Warriors.

Toronto took 2 off of Cleveland last year.

I guess I'd give the Rockets a better shot than the Spurs? They could just go nuts from 3 for 2 weeks. I guess. The Warriors are on pace to win 70 again, and their scoring margin is nearly 2 points a game better than last year

I'd keep an eye on the Raptors Spurs game next Tuesday... They should finally have Sullinger back and show how competitive they can be against a top team.

Must have meant European football ...:rolleyes:

Screen-Shot-2017-01-17-at-7.16.46-AM.png

I think ESPN flashed something on the bottom line saying their projection system has it at like 26% that the Cavs face the Warriors in the finals again, which to me, seems really low. like, unless Lebron gets hurt, who is beating t he Cavs in the east? and in the west is anyone pushing the warriors?

I think 538's metrics suggest that the Raptors are currently better than Cleveland.

I think they give the Warriors roughly a 50% chance of winning the title though and I'd be shocked if it isn't Golden State vs. Cleveland again.

I think 538's metrics suggest that the Raptors are currently better than Cleveland.

I think they give the Warriors roughly a 50% chance of winning the title though and I'd be shocked if it isn't Golden State vs. Cleveland again.

interesting. If youre just looking at this year, the raps have a significantly better point differential (about 2 per game) so i can see why a system that just sees that might rank Toronto ahead, but obviously we all know better right?

There would have to be a serious injury for it to be anything other than Golden State-Cleveland again. Golden State is averaging over 117 points a game. Thats madness.

interesting. If youre just looking at this year, the raps have a significantly better point differential (about 2 per game) so i can see why a system that just sees that might rank Toronto ahead, but obviously we all know better right?

There would have to be a serious injury for it to be anything other than Golden State-Cleveland again. Golden State is averaging over 117 points a game. Thats madness.

Yeah, I'd be pretty blown away if it isn't another rematch unless we see a major trade or something.

Yeah, I'd be pretty blown away if it isn't another rematch unless we see a major trade or something.

Melo to the Raps?? (please?)

If Millsap is available, I think Toronto has to make a run at him. he at least puts them in play against the Cavs I think.

Melo to the Raps?? (please?)

If Millsap is available, I think Toronto has to make a run at him. he at least puts them in play against the Cavs I think.

I agree regarding Millsap. Regarding Melo, Toronto could do it if they wanted to, but I can't see them trying to acquire Melo with DeRozen already there as the go-to, operate from the mid-range type of guy. Millsap is a nice complementary piece so I think he makes a lot more sense for them.

I agree regarding Millsap. Regarding Melo, Toronto could do it if they wanted to, but I can't see them trying to acquire Melo with DeRozen already there as the go-to, operate from the mid-range type of guy. Millsap is a nice complementary piece so I think he makes a lot more sense for them.

Melo is more me wanting the Knicks to trade him.

I think Millsap is probably a better overall player than Melo right now anyway, and definitely a better fit for Toronto. They already have an incredible offense with 2 guys dominating the ball. Millsap does more of what they need.

I think for Toronto they just need to make a run at him. I know Millsap is a FA this summer, but is there another route to them seriously competing with Cleveland?

Melo is more me wanting the Knicks to trade him.

I think Millsap is probably a better overall player than Melo right now anyway, and definitely a better fit for Toronto. They already have an incredible offense with 2 guys dominating the ball. Millsap does more of what they need.

I think for Toronto they just need to make a run at him. I know Millsap is a FA this summer, but is there another route to them seriously competing with Cleveland?
Melo's best fit is Boston in the East.
They would have Thomas/Bradley/Crowder/Horford to play around him in crunch time. He could slide into the 4 in this lineup.
This was the slot they envisioned for Durant.
Boston could send Amir Johnson expiring contract and a juicy draft pick if both sides could agree.

ill be sad when Melo goes.

don't think he ever got a fair shake here.