It's showtime -- let the (NBA) games begin! | Page 15 | Syracusefan.com

It's showtime -- let the (NBA) games begin!

Ha yes to say defense is the Knicks problem and ignore the fact that Rose is a terrible defender is missing the point,

And if you need the ball in your hand to do your work you than you need to do better than 51% true shooting. Rose has a true shooting of 51% and a usage of 26.8%, he's one of 5 players this season who has combined a true shooting below 52% and a usage above 25%.

Yup. I still think he could be effective if he learned to pick his spots better as he's still got a decent burst and at times is a good finisher. He just tries too many difficult ones that he used to be able to convert. Follow Jennings' lead, who used to be a complete gunner.

I think this is the first year where George/Hayward is close. I'd still give the edge to George overall.

Chicago isn't big market for Butler? George and Hayward are same age, George is a much better defender and his offensive stats are just a bit better. Hayward is very good but George's knee injury will always get used against him but he's better than Hayward. George is really a hell of a player. Hayward has great hair though. Like I I said Hayward is very good player but I do think a George is better.
Incidentally, George and Hayward played against each other last night. Hayward scored 27 vs George's 19. Both are great players and like you say they are the same age. George has had the better career to date but Hayward has steadily improved each of his seven years as a professional and now their stats and their talents are more on par. It's a tough decision, but if someone twisted my arm to choose one, I would go with Gordon. I just think that he is going to have the longer career and he will continue to improve his game while Paul George has reached his ceiling (although it's a very good ceiling). Either way, no team in the GM in the NBA would go wrong with either guy.

Chicago isn't big market for Butler? George and Hayward are same age, George is a much better defender and his offensive stats are just a bit better. Hayward is very good but George's knee injury will always get used against him but he's better than Hayward. George is really a hell of a player. Hayward has great hair though. Like I I said Hayward is very good player but I do think a George is better.

Kevin Love stinks? Interesting. He doesn't have a great situation in Cleveland but he's definitely still a very very good player and could be getting 25/10 somewhere else very easily. K love can play
Chicago is a big market, and I'm saying that works in Butler's favor.

I'm not even sure George is a better defender than Hayward, let alone much better.

Kevin Love can put up 25 and 10 for lottery teams.

Rumor I heard that makes some sense.
Jae Crowder and Boston's 2018 1st-round pick for Jabari Parker.

Rumor I heard that makes some sense.
Jae Crowder and Boston's 2018 1st-round pick for Jabari Parker.
That's interesting. But what do they do with the #1 pick in the 2017 draft. Assuming it should be Fultz or Ball, they already have Thomas/Bradley/Smart under contract for next season. Parker would help, but if they can't sign Hayward then that's a problem as well. Assuming Parker plays PF, Horford is your C. They have some good issues, but their 2017 draft pick is intriguing. I can't believe they would trade it. Plus can they afford Hayward with them paying Horford and then needing money for Thomas and Parker. How many max deals can they make at the same time. I hate the Celtics but a big IT fan. Everyone needs to jump on his bandwagon.

That's interesting. But what do they do with the #1 pick in the 2017 draft. Assuming it should be Fultz or Ball, they already have Thomas/Bradley/Smart under contract for next season. Parker would help, but if they can't sign Hayward then that's a problem as well. Assuming Parker plays PF, Horford is your C. They have some good issues, but their 2017 draft pick is intriguing. I can't believe they would trade it. Plus can they afford Hayward with them paying Horford and then needing money for Thomas and Parker. How many max deals can they make at the same time. I hate the Celtics but a big IT fan. Everyone needs to jump on his bandwagon.
The Celtics are hoping Aldridge and the Spurs don't work. They can trade the Spurs the Nets pick and get Aldridge to pair with Horford.

The Celtics are hoping Aldridge and the Spurs don't work. They can trade the Spurs the Nets pick and get Aldridge to pair with Horford.
Why would they need Parker then? I just don't see them trading the top pick in the draft.

Why would they need Parker then? I just don't see them trading the top pick in the draft.
Boston wants to trade the pick. If the Spurs could get a top 3 pick for a player who may not fit in then both sides could deal.
Tony Parker is on his last legs. If SA could get an elite PG prospect they would do it and cut back
Parker's minutes grooming in the new PG.

Boston wants to trade the pick. If the Spurs could get a top 3 pick for a player who may not fit in then both sides could deal.
Tony Parker is on his last legs. If SA could get an elite PG prospect they would do it and cut back
Parker's minutes grooming in the new PG.
Right but why would Boston want both Jabari Parker and LaMarcus Aldridge. And the Spurs would need to send more than Aldridge for a #1 pick in the draft.

Rose is probably the worst defender of any of them!

26 points on 26 shots is not what they needed out of him. He's got to dial it back and adjust his game. He's not the same guy. He can't carry a team anymore. Maybe pass the ball more and then spend more energy on defense.

Agreed Rose is a terrible defender, always has been, now he is even worse. Noah is the only starter when healthy that is even remotely interested in playing defense. Lee is fine as well but they have some guys that are really bad scattered throughout

I'm not even sure George is a better defender than Hayward, let alone much better.

I mean, Love is averaging 21-11 for the defending champs, and he'd be closer to 23-12 if he was playing closer to 36 minutes a night.

Like next month? The Spurs are on pace for 65 wins. Why are they trading Aldridge?

I guess the argument is you're conceding the west to the Warriors this year or something, but I just don't see that one at all.

You would be wrong on George with regard to defense, again Hayward has better hair that is about it. George was all NBA defense a couple times, Hayward not and he should return there this year. Last year was a come back year for him, again the knee will be used against him but he is a better defender than Hayward don't see the debate in it.

I mean, Love is averaging 21-11 for the defending champs, and he'd be closer to 23-12 if he was playing closer to 36 minutes a night.

Like next month? The Spurs are on pace for 65 wins. Why are they trading Aldridge?

I guess the argument is you're conceding the west to the Warriors this year or something, but I just don't see that one at all.

K Love takes too much crap because LeBron gives him a ton of shite. K Love can play the game and still puts up big numbers being a clear 3rd option for the Cavs. He's still and always has been a great player in my book. He may be too nice a guy if anything.

Off-season trade. Boston isn't trading the pick until the offseason.

You would be wrong on George with regard to defense, again Hayward has better hair that is about it. George was all NBA defense a couple times, Hayward not and he should return there this year. Last year was a come back year for him, again the knee will be used against him but he is a better defender than Hayward don't see the debate in it.
I'm going to guess that you haven't watched Hayward much this season.

Off-season trade. Boston isn't trading the pick until the offseason.

It doesn't make any sense to me that the Spurs would move Aldridge for a rookie though. I guess if they totally flame out.

It doesn't make any sense to me that the Spurs would move Aldridge for a rookie though. I guess if they totally flame out.
A top 3 rookie is what SA needs to continue competing without tanking.
I don't think they will give him away but a high draft pick if they don't make the WCF could necessitate a trade.

A top 3 rookie is what SA needs to continue competing without tanking.
I don't think they will give him away but a high draft pick if they don't make the WCF could necessitate a trade.

Like I said, they're on pace for 65 wins. They're competing pretty well right now. A playoff flameout could (COULD) change things. But thats a pretty drastic reboot.

I'm going to guess that you haven't watched Hayward much this season.

When Hayward gets a couple first or 2nd team ALL NBA defense on his resume we can debate, until then don't let facts get in the way of a good hair day. Like I said, I think he's very good and I don't think he's far off George but to sit here and debate George versus Hayward on the defensive side of the ball just isn't a very intelligent conversation. Tough to take serious really, and I have watched Hayward 3-4 times this year but like I Said, it's not what I think the accolades from peers and those in charge of NBA all D team speak louder than your opinion or mine.

Last edited: