It's showtime -- let the (NBA) games begin! | Page 16 | Syracusefan.com

It's showtime -- let the (NBA) games begin!

Rumor I heard that makes some sense.
Jae Crowder and Boston's 2018 1st-round pick for Jabari Parker.

There is absolutely zero chance that Milwaukee trades Jabari for Jae Crowder and a late 1st round pick. The only way they consider trading him is if they're getting an all-star or a top 3 pick in return, and I think they'd probably decline in that event as well. A decent starter and 1st round pick that they simply don't value (see: trading the Clippers 1st round pick for the rotting carcass of Greivis Vasquez) is not remotely close to Jabari's value.

For whatever it's worth, real plus minus doesn't like either George or Heyward defensively this year, though it had George top 10 at SF last year, and Heyward 34th. Just providing info.

There is absolutely zero chance that Milwaukee trades Jabari for Jae Crowder and a late 1st round pick. The only way they consider trading him is if they're getting an all-star or a top 3 pick in return, and I think they'd probably decline in that event as well. A decent starter and 1st round pick that they simply don't value (see: trading the Clippers 1st round pick for the rotting carcass of Greivis Vasquez) is not remotely close to Jabari's value.

Boston trade rumors are the best though.

For whatever it's worth, real plus minus doesn't like either George or Heyward defensively this year, though it had George top 10 at SF last year, and Heyward 34th. Just providing info.

Boston trade rumors are the best though.
Boston has hope. It must suck to be a Knicks fan.
The Patriots have more playoff wins this season than Knicks have won playoff series during Tom Brady's career.
That must suck for Knicks fans.

Boston has tons of rumors because they are all assets and are a couple players short of being a top 5 team.

Boston has tons of rumors because they are all assets and are a couple players short of being a top 5 team.

Also because Boston fans have a ridiculous grasp on the value of their assets relative to other assets around the league. At minimum, the talks for Jabari would probably start with Jae, a Brooklyn pick, and something else and Milwaukee would probably say no to that. There's just no way they're trading a 21 year old whose already probably one of the top 15-20 scorers in the NBA, who compliments their franchise player very well and loves Milwaukee for anything less than a godfather type deal.

Also because Boston fans have a ridiculous grasp on the value of their assets relative to other assets around the league. At minimum, the talks for Jabari would probably start with Jae, a Brooklyn pick, and something else and Milwaukee would probably say no to that. There's just no way they're trading a 21 year old whose already probably one of the top 15-20 scorers in the NBA, who compliments their franchise player very well and loves Milwaukee for anything less than a godfather type deal.
Enjoy your team.

I think the bucks should probably take that deal, but I may have underestimated how big a leap Parker has made this year

Enjoy your team.

Boston has a lot of nice sweeteners for a deal, but they will never acquire an All Star talent without including one of the Brooklyn picks (unless it's a case like Melo, where he can pretty much demand that only Boston can acquire him and therefore drive his own price down). Nobody is trading a fringe all star in a deal where Jae Crowder is the centerpiece, or in this case, the only piece with significant value.

Someone get that info to all these high school recruits buying into the Cal and Kentucky NBA stuff. They haven't done anything special with these kids. Every UK guy I can think of that made the league would've made it no matter where they went.

I think we talked about this a few weeks ago, but there have definitely been some guys who improved their draft stock at Kentucky. (and some who didn't, don't get me wrong). Eric Bledsoe went for #52 in the RSCI rankings his senior year to the 18th pick in the draft a year later. Devin Booker went from 23rd in the RSCI rankings to a lotto pick a year later. Hell, Towns went from #5 that year to the no brainer #1.

Another night, another 33 points from Dion -- second game in a row -- and, best of all, the 3-pointer over Klay Thompson for the win. Hope this may the start of somethin' good.

He was on the court yelling "THIS IS MY CITY" after the game. I hope we see him break out but the last two minutes of the game it was just him holding the ball, complete Iso with no desire to pass at all. Worked out this time and was really happy to see him lead them to their biggest win of the year.

Watching James Harden tonight wow does he get refed like he is Lebron James.
The guy gets every call when he drives.

Watching James Harden tonight wow does he get refed like he is Lebron James.
The guy gets every call when he drives.

He's freaking brilliant in terms of baiting defenders into fouls/making non-fouls actually look like fouls.

He's freaking brilliant in terms of baiting defenders into fouls/making non-fouls actually look like fouls.

I still think his game is garbage. Ugliest star to watch in the NBA.

Malachi looks like the NBA agrees with him. He had a nice night -- 12 points, 3 rebounds, an assist, a steal, one turnover in 14 minutes -- as the Kings beat the Cavs in Cleveland. Kid sure looks like he belongs.
I watched the Sacramento broadcast and the announcers were loving him. They said "You won't be seeing Malachi in Reno again... well unless the NBA moves a team there"

Too bad Harlan didn't do the game, he could have said Malachi Richardson has gone mad again.

I don't think I've ever gone more nuts for such an extended time while watching a game as I did during that run in that Virginia game. By the time it was over I had a full sweat going, probably almost as much as the players. Such an incredible sequence. It was like a dream.