It's showtime -- let the (NBA) games begin! | Page 20 | Syracusefan.com

It's showtime -- let the (NBA) games begin!

*people don't want to play in NYC because they are too Fn lazy.

they know they cant take a night off on the Knicks because they will be called out on it by the media and fans.

everybody comes to NY and brings their A game, they don't want to have bring their A game 41x.

*said the disgruntled, very angry, without answers...life long fan.

I think there's something to this; how much? i dunno, probably not a lot. But like, you know Lebron is always going to bring his best when they play at MSG. He's not going to sit that game out for rest

*people don't want to play in NYC because they are too Fn lazy.

they know they cant take a night off on the Knicks because they will be called out on it by the media and fans.

everybody comes to NY and brings their A game, they don't want to have bring their A game 41x.

*said the disgruntled, very angry, without answers...life long fan.

Good Point. In addition, who wants to play for a franchise in such a state of disarray. That said, I don't see a guy like KD or Clay ever wanting to play in NY, just not who they are. Boogie Cousins would completely meltdown in NY as would many others. Love too, don't see him working here either

Westbrook probably has the chops

Wow, so after watching the John Gillon show got to see the tail end of the Dion Waiters show. 9 in a row for the Heat and they just steamrolled the Hawks. Not sure if it was mentioned elsewhere but Dion was Eastern Conference player of the week.

I think players will go to almost any city as long as the team is very good and the fit is right.

KD going to Golden State, while the Lakers and Knicks have missed on every elite free agent they've wanted in recent years, proves that.

Celtics beat Toronto.
Brad Stevens will get a chance to coach in the All-Star game.
Also thanks to the Knicks for beating the Nets tonight.

Melo has been called Bernard King 2.0 for atleast 5 years by NBA people like Bill Simmons.

That is a good comp for Melo. Bernard was a legend at MSG and only got beyond the first round during his time with the Knicks just like Melo. He needed more support to win a title but he could win a title if he became a supporting player to Lebron. Melo did hurt the Knicks by how he was acquired. He cost the Knicks a lot because he wanted to be traded before the CBA expired. Melo messed up by not getting an opt-out for the 2010 like Bosh/Wade/Lebron all did.

His acquisition cost the Knicks a lot of assets. That is why I can't see Dolan signing off on trading for cents on the dollar.
The thing is though, the Knicks were competitive the season they acquired Melo and the two after that. The assets they gave up didn't prevent them from being good then.

It was the mismanagement after that and killer contracts.

You think? I generally think elite players should tend to at least get their teams over 500. The Knicks haven't been there in a while.

Not sure about that. Cousins has never been to the playoffs. Even Anthony Davis has struggled to get N.O. there the last few years. Kyrie Irving never sniffed the playoffs until Lebron showed up.

There's only so much you can do. I think there's only a handful of guys that could take an otherwise terrible team to the playoffs. The year Carmelo averaged 27 and 8, he was still an elite guy and they missed out. He's slipped a little since then, but not as much as some seem to think. He's still very good, IMO.

Not sure about that. Cousins has never been to the playoffs. Even Anthony Davis has struggled to get N.O. there the last few years. Kyrie Irving never sniffed the playoffs until Lebron showed up.

There's only so much you can do. I think there's only a handful of guys that could take an otherwise terrible team to the playoffs. The year Carmelo averaged 27 and 8, he was still an elite guy and they missed out. He's slipped a little since then, but not as much as some seem to think. He's still very good, IMO.

Cousins and Davis are the pretty clear arguments against me. Garnett the last couple years in Minnesota. I may have overstated my point.

Cousins and Davis are the pretty clear arguments against me. Garnett the last couple years in Minnesota. I may have overstated my point.

How often did Iverson make playoffs with Sixers, talking out my arse but he seemed to carry them on his back for most of his career.

Celtics beat Toronto.
Brad Stevens will get a chance to coach in the All-Star game.
Also thanks to the Knicks for beating the Nets tonight.
Without DeRozan. Raptors will roll the Celtics if they're at full strength.

Without DeRozan. Raptors will roll the Celtics if they're at full strength.
Celtics didn't have Avery Bradley last night.

Celtics have only played 22 of 49 games with Isaiah Thomas, Avery Bradley, Al Horford, and Jae Crowder all play in the same game.

Toronto will not roll them. It would be a competitive series. I think Washington will pass Toronto though.
Celtics are one low post player like Nikola Vucevic from being the team to lose to Cleveland in the ECF.

Celtics didn't have Avery Bradley last night.

Celtics have only played 22 of 49 games with Isaiah Thomas, Avery Bradley, Al Horford, and Jae Crowder all play in the same game.

Toronto will not roll them. It would be a competitive series. I think Washington will pass Toronto though.
Celtics are one low post player like Nikola Vucevic from being the team to lose to Cleveland in the ECF.
how many have the Knicks played with Rose, KP and Melo??

and even then that # may skewed a little heavy based on who left early...

how many have the Knicks played with Rose, KP and Melo??

and even then that # may skewed a little heavy based on who left early...
The Celtics are 31-18. Without being healthy. No idea what the Knicks record is. I do appreciate the win last night though.
The Knicks roster might have a better top than the Celtics but the overall roster on Boston is deeper they just don't have the high end talent to win a championship.

The Celtics are 31-18. Without being healthy. No idea what the Knicks record is. I do appreciate the win last night though.
The Knicks roster might have a better top than the Celtics but the overall roster on Boston is deeper they just don't have the high end talent to win a championship.
stevens is a much better coach than hornacek.

Hernangomez keeps getting better.

Melo on the Celtics would break my heart.

taking shots at him there would be easier than when soupy mcpuke was on the iggs.

How often did Iverson make playoffs with Sixers, talking out my arse but he seemed to carry them on his back for most of his career.

Those teams were well built to do so though. A great player who needs the ball in his hands and needs to shoot all the time, and a bunch of good defenders who didn't care if they got shots.

22-29, another god awful season at Msg.

What are you doing straying from the off-topic forum? Your NBA takes are as off as your political takes.

Sorry to hurt your feelings, Fireball. Is Adam Silver your uncle?

What are you doing straying from the off-topic forum? Your NBA takes are as off as your political takes.

Seriously, what other sports do the teams purposely give star players the night off? Why do they pipe music in while the game is being played? To keep the patrons awake? The NBA season is too long. It's such a grind that you often can get half-hearted efforts and really boring games. Now the playoffs, that's another story.

Seriously, what other sports do the teams purposely give star players the night off? Why do they pipe music in while the game is being played? To keep the patrons awake? The NBA season is too long. It's such a grind that you often can get half-hearted efforts and really boring games. Now the playoffs, that's another story.

1. Baseball
2. Don't know but it's annoying, I agree.
3. No.
4. It is a long grind, which answers your first question.
5. There's boring games between garbage teams in every pro sport.

1. Baseball
2. Don't know but it's annoying, I agree.
3. No.
4. It is a long grind, which answers your first question.
5. There's boring games between garbage teams in every pro sport.

Agreed with just about all that. Hence my request to be awakened in May.