It's showtime -- let the (NBA) games begin! | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

It's showtime -- let the (NBA) games begin!

Admittedly, I don't really watch the NBA. I love college basketball, but the NBA doesn't interest me much. That being said, do people really spend their Christmas Day watching it? I see ESPN hyping up a game and wondered to myself if this was something people do. Unlike Thanksgiving where watching (and sometimes playing) football seems ingrained into the holiday, I've never felt any desire to try and fit pro hoops into my Christmas.

My family does.

My family does.
mine too, the tv is always on.

Knicks on Christmas has become a tradition (except for last year, which was bullshit. they should always be on...even when they suck). as for the rest of the games, well the 12 hours of coverage will likely be ignored often, but its nice to know its on.

eventually the kids put on something, I finally get to read the paper etc, but the Knicks get watched.

then we eat.

then this year the NFL has 2 games on starting 4, so I will likely gravitate towards that.

Knicks on Christmas has become a tradition (except for last year, which was bullshit. they should always be on...even when they suck). as for the rest of the games, well the 12 hours of coverage will likely be ignored often, but its nice to know its on.

eventually the kids put on something, I finally get to read the paper etc, but the Knicks get watched.

then we eat.

then this year the NFL has 2 games on starting 4, so I will likely gravitate towards that.

Our tv is always on as well, but it's just not on ESPN (unless there is the Aloha Bowl or some football on). We're probably watching A Christmas Story and Elf on an endless loop. Oh, and thankfully WPIX has the Yule Log on. That's got to be infinitely more exciting than seeing how D-Rose will injure himself!

Admittedly, I don't really watch the NBA. I love college basketball, but the NBA doesn't interest me much. That being said, do people really spend their Christmas Day watching it? I see ESPN hyping up a game and wondered to myself if this was something people do. Unlike Thanksgiving where watching (and sometimes playing) football seems ingrained into the holiday, I've never felt any desire to try and fit pro hoops into my Christmas.

I usually try to have the games muted in the background while we're opening gifts/hanging out.

Yes, it's always on with my family the same way football is with Thanksgiving. Hang out, game is on in the background, tune in with more attention late in the game if it's a good one.

It has become a tradition in the last 3 or 4 years for me. I have really become a big NBA fan in the last 3 years and I imagine that this is something that will definitely continue to be a tradition. I know for sure that I will enjoy the Knicks Celtics and the Cavs Warriors matchups more than any of the football games this past Thanksgiving.

It has become a tradition in the last 3 or 4 years for me. I have really become a big NBA fan in the last 3 years and I imagine that this is something that will definitely continue to be a tradition. I know for sure that I will enjoy the Knicks Celtics and the Cavs Warriors matchups more than any of the football games this past Thanksgiving.

For watching games that I don't have a rooting interest in, I much prefer the NBA to the NFL. The NY Giants and Cuse are tied for the teams I am most fanatical about. But it's starting to become where I only watch the Giants and Cuse and can't even watch the other NFL and CBB games(don't watch a ton of other CFB games either). But the NBA I can watch any game, including the bad teams.

I have one item on my Christmas Day dance card: Warriors and Cavs. Of course, being Jewish, single and childless helps.

then we eat.

First Christmas Sunday I can remember the NFL playing games. Goodell with a strong message to Silver

Russell is the MVP for the first third of the season. Would love to see OKC go up against Garden State (as my horse-racing buddy refers to the Warriors).

Looks like 22-year-old Jerami Grant mighta landed in a good spot. Good for him.

Russell is the MVP for the first third of the season. Would love to see OKC go up against Garden State (as my horse-racing buddy refers to the Warriors).

Looks like 22-year-old Jerami Grant mighta landed in a good spot. Good for him.

You think it would be Russ or Harden if the season ended today?

It's just so hard for a guy from a non elite team to win it. Obviously he's having an incredible season (31-11-10) but Harden is 28-12-8 and his team is 21-7.

It's just so hard for a guy from a non elite team to win it. Obviously he's having an incredible season (31-11-10) but Harden is 28-12-8 and his team is 21-7.

If it were up to me, I'd go with:
1. Harden
2. Westbrook
3. LeBron
4. Durant
5. Giannis
6. Kawhi
7. CP3
8. Curry

Harden, Russ and LBJ top three, I'd like to see LBJ win one more.

Meanwhile, Curry's not even in the conversation. A year ago, a lotta people had him as the best player on the planet.

Meanwhile, Curry's not even in the conversation. A year ago, a lotta people had him as the best player on the planet.

Curry and Durant will cancel each other out for any MVP talk, but neither one has slipped at all. They each just have more help and less responsibility than Lebron, Harden, and Westbrook(and Davis too).

Carmelo with 35 points and 7 3's in leading the Knicks to a comeback win over Indiana. Badly outplayed Paul George.

Funny to me how KP gets all the unconditional love, and Carmelo is basically ignored unless he's being criticized. He's still clearly their main guy, and he's really helping slowly transition the franchise to KP while taking all the bullets from the dumbasses.

Carmelo with 35 points and 7 3's in leading the Knicks to a comeback win over Indiana. Badly outplayed Paul George.

Funny to me how KP gets all the unconditional love, and Carmelo is basically ignored unless he's being criticized. He's still clearly their main guy, and he's really helping slowly transition the franchise to KP while taking all the bullets from the dumbasses.
They don't win without Melo being Melo tonight.

Inspiring performance.

Sounds a lot like a certain NY QB. Without the titles, of course.

I think KP is taking the leap but he's not quite there yet where he's the top guy on the team. I think it's going to be relatively soon though.

Melo was smoking hot in the second half last night.

Lebron probably wants one more as well, but I also think he's going to realize he needs to prioritize another title, so I'm not sure he really plays enough to get there. That being said, like I said earlier, I think it's going to be tough for Russ if the team isn't really good, so there's an opening there if the Rockets fall off a little.