It's showtime -- let the (NBA) games begin! | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

It's showtime -- let the (NBA) games begin!

I think KP is taking the leap but he's not quite there yet where he's the top guy on the team. I think it's going to be relatively soon though.

Melo was smoking hot in the second half last night.

No question, it's a matter of time. But KP is in a nice spot being the number 2 guy, he can continue to grow and improve without the pressure of being the guy in NY.

No question, it's a matter of time. But KP is in a nice spot being the number 2 guy, he can continue to grow and improve without the pressure of being the guy in NY.

One worry I have is that Rose tends to shoot more than you'd like from your PG. I just don't want KP to be marginalized as the third guy on the offense, which hasn't really happened too much yet.

it's a shame Melo and KP's timelines don't match up a little better; I think it's obvious that long term KP's primary position is the 5, and lineups with him at the 5 and Melo at the 4 could be devastating.

Lebron probably wants one more as well, but I also think he's going to realize he needs to prioritize another title, so I'm not sure he really plays enough to get there. That being said, like I said earlier, I think it's going to be tough for Russ if the team isn't really good, so there's an opening there if the Rockets fall off a little.
I hear ya, a ring's more important than an MVP award... and I'm really enjoying seeing Harden have such a good season so far. Maybe Derrick Rose should give back LeBron the MVP award he "stole" a few years ago.

The old man (32 next week, 14th season) looked fresh last night: played more minutes (47) than anyone on either team, had 34 points, 5 of 9 long-range bombs, 12 rebounds, 7 assists. Wonder how much he'll play tonight (30-somethin' minutes, I'd say) on second night of back-to-back.

The Bucks, btw, are a fun young team to watch. The Freak and Jabari are studs.

But the old head did not want to lose for a second time this season to the young Bucks. This shot for the win made this old head (68 today, but who's counting? I am, that's who) a happy fan.

We really do take Lebron for granted. He's averaging 25-8-9 on 52% shooting and its just like whatever. If Lebron finishes with those averages (betting he doesnt, the minutes will come down) it will be the first time anyone has since Oscar robertson. Though Russ and Harden will probably also do it this year

I am kinda surprised to see him averaging over 37 minutes per game though.

One worry I have is that Rose tends to shoot more than you'd like from your PG. I just don't want KP to be marginalized as the third guy on the offense, which hasn't really happened too much yet.

it's a shame Melo and KP's timelines don't match up a little better; I think it's obvious that long term KP's primary position is the 5, and lineups with him at the 5 and Melo at the 4 could be devastating.
Rose shooting, is Rose's game.

Rose, KP and Melo are going to have to take 75% of the shots on most nights for them to win, hopefully Rose does remember to pass though. he took a few awfully thought out shots last night.

im sick of the NBA putting the Knicks on opposite the Giants.

Giants play Sunday, Knicks home at 12, off Saturday and Monday.

Giants play Monday...Knicks on Monday and off Sunday and Tuesday.

Giants play Thursday...Knicks game and off Wednesday and Friday.

its uncanny...

Rose doesn't really strike me as a point guard. Anyone else get that feeling? Problem is he's otherwise a 2 guard who can't shoot.

Rose doesn't really strike me as a point guard. Anyone else get that feeling? Problem is he's otherwise a 2 guard who can't shoot.

The other problem is that who else is a PG on the Knicks?

The other problem is that who else is a PG on the Knicks?

I think jennings fits the role better, if nothing else. He's much more of a pass first guy.

But I was definitely speaking more in general.

I think jennings fits the role better, if nothing else. He's much more of a pass first guy.

Jennings is so damn inconsistent.

nice flashes, hopefully he will be coached up...

Agreed, which is weird because Jennings used to be a gunner.

How about Malcolm Brogdon dunking on any and every Cav last night. Who knew he had that in him!?

He's been great for the Bucks this year. I believe he's somewhere in the top 5 in terms of 3PT% as well. I was pretty excited when the Bucks drafted him and he's been everything I had hoped for and more.

Is Jennings turning into a pass-first guy now? He was one of the most frustrating players ever during his time with the Bucks. A terribly inefficient scorer who insisted on jacking up a ton of awful shots every game.

Is Jennings turning into a pass-first guy now? He was one of the most frustrating players ever during his time with the Bucks. A terribly inefficient scorer who insisted on jacking up a ton of awful shots every game.

A few weeks ago, the Knicks announcers were saying that Hornacek encouraged him to look for his shot more, especially when playing with the second unit, which is a little offensively-challenged at times.

Probably only one here who saw it last night since it ended like 10 PM PT, but Boogie Cousins was so awesome last night.

Never knew he was THAT in him... Granted he prob should have kicked out after he spit his mouthpiece at the bench...but still...so entertaining.

Between the Melo performance, 3 OT games, and the Cousins show, NBA was GREAT last night.

If it were up to me, I'd go with:
1. Harden
2. Westbrook
3. LeBron
4. Durant
5. Giannis
6. Kawhi
7. CP3
8. Curry

Westbrook over Harden for me.

Harden's stats are D'Antoni'd and he has a MUCH better team around him...like basically every position. Thunder would be possibly worst team in league w/o Russ.

It's really weird. Especially since he's playing for a contract you think he'd be shooting a lot. I'm not saying the guy is John Stockton or anything, but he's averaging 8 assists per 36, in Milwaukee his high was 6.5.

It's really weird. Especially since he's playing for a contract you think he'd be shooting a lot. I'm not saying the guy is John Stockton or anything, but he's averaging 8 assists per 36, in Milwaukee his high was 6.5.
Maybe he's gotten smarter and that's how he's playing for his next contract.

Maybe he's gotten smarter and that's how he's playing for his next contract.

I imagine that is part of it; I also looked up his stats; his assist rate is very similar to what it was in Detroit. it looks like he really made a change in his game after leaving Milwaukee to become more of a pass first guy. His assist rate is similar to what it was in Detroit, but he's shooting a lot less, so I also think he's being asked to do less in general.

I think he's probably stretched as a starting PG, but he's a pretty solid backup guy.

Pretty cool to see a euro soccer star so into the NBA. Antoine Griezmann is in the USA on vacation just touring the country via basketball arenas. Was at MSG last night exchanging jerseys with Derrick Rose and hanging out after with KP.

Pretty cool to see a euro soccer star so into the NBA. Antoine Griezmann is in the USA on vacation just touring the country via basketball arenas. Was at MSG last night exchanging jerseys with Derrick Rose and hanging out after with KP.

I was at the game, that was so random! Loved it

I just looked him up, he's 5-9 160. You think anyone sitting near him knew who he was till they showed him on screen?

I was at the game, that was so random! Loved it

I just looked him up, he's 5-9 160. You think anyone sitting near him knew who he was till they showed him on screen?
He looked like a random 14 year old fan next to Derrick Rose haha.

Looks like JR's out till the end of the regular season. The bad thumb's on his shooting hand, too. Ouch. The Cavs already have two other "dead" roster spots -- Birdman and Mo Williams.

It may be DeAndre Liggins time. It also may be time for David Griffin to work his magic.

Sorry to sound like sports radio guy, but...

Hot Take: The Clips are much better without Griffin clogging up lane for Jordan. The Redick, Paul, Jordan 3some works great on offense