It's tough when even your death gets upstaged. | Syracusefan.com

It's tough when even your death gets upstaged.

SWC75

Bored Historian
Mel Blanc died on the same day as Laurence Oliver. Farrah Fawcett died on the same day as Michael Jackson.

Billy Casper died on the same day as Dean Smith, (actually I guess the day before but I just saw the running line on Sports Center).
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Billy_Casper

Not only was he an exact contemporary of Smith but he spent his career being over-shadowed by the triumvirate of Palmer, Player and Nicklaus. But he was one of the greatest golfers of all time and one of the game's most accomplished putters. But nobody's talking about him today.

With over 57 PGA wins he was one of the most prolific golfers in the game. While we mourn the death of Dean Smith and the terrible loss to college basketball let us also mourn the passing of one of golf's greatest...Billy Casper. He was not only a marvelous golfer but from everything I have read he was a wonderful husband and father. RIP

SAN DIEGO (AP) -- Billy Casper, one of the most prolific winners on the PGA Tour who was overshadowed at the height of his career by the "Big Three," died of a heart attack Saturday at his home in Utah. He was 83.
Bob Casper said his father died quickly and peacefully with wife Shirley at his bedside. They had been married 62 years.