It's X-mas time in Indiana again... | Syracusefan.com

It's X-mas time in Indiana again...

AZcuse77

Scout Team
Rakeem got called back up for the Knicks game... but looks like he's going to be inactive at least for that game. I wonder if he gets any real run this year, as his D-League stats look pretty decent.

Rotowire: Jan 23 / 8:33a ET
News: Christmas was recalled Monday from the D-League's Fort Wayne Mad Ants.
Impact: Christmas has played in seven games for Fort Wayne this season, averaging 10.0 points and 5.7 rebounds per game. Though he's now back with the Pacers, Christmas is still expected to serve as one of the team's two inactive players Monday against the Knicks, with the injured Rodney Stuckey (hamstring) occupying the other spot.

I don't follow NBA roster activity. Is there a reason they call guys up so they can sit inactive for a few games and then send them back down?

I don't follow NBA roster activity. Is there a reason they call guys up so they can sit inactive for a few games and then send them back down?

Well NBA teams can only have 12 active players per game...

NBA.com - Inactive vs. Active List Rules

This kind of explains the new collective bargaining agreement. With the Pacers already having one inactive injured player they probably want to have the option if something happens with another player. You can change who is active every game so hopefully Rak isn't just up to sit inactive for a few games but I have no idea other than that.

Good for Rakeem, its not xmas time for Hoosier fans, they have completely imploded.