IU fans | Syracusefan.com

IU fans

im4cuse

2nd String
As was noted earlier, an obnoxious bunch, not at all humbled by their recent stay in hoop irrelevance. All the talk about '87 reminded me of an encounter on the plane trip home after New Orleans. We were changing planes at DFW on that Tuesday, and riding in the shuttle opposite is an IU fan all decked out in championship gear, talking to another passenger who had not seen the game the previous night. He's bragging. I'm listening (not wearing orange). Finally he says, "we knew we had the title when we won on Saturday (they beat a powerful UNLV team)". That did it. I said, "excuse me, you were down 3 last night with less than a minute to go and we were on the foul line for a 1 and 1 (which Triche missed the front end, leading to an immediate hoop by them cutting it to one). "How could you have known you had a championship?' We make our free throws and we win." He was startled by the interruption and started mumbling that we were better than they expected, but I've never forgotten the hubris. Would love to shut those f'ers up. Because you know many of their fans are looking past Thursday ...

Bottom line is, if we play well offensively...we win.

We have the better athletes and and a far better defense. Scoring has been the one big limiting factor for this team but, as JB has said ad nauseum, our defense has been very good all year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom