ivan maisel's kid at RIT went missing | Syracusefan.com

ivan maisel's kid at RIT went missing

Millhouse

Living Legend
it's been in the news for a few days unfortunately but I didn't know that ivan maisel is his dad

ps he's from fairfield CT.

Terrible prayers for a safe return

saw local reporter tweet that they're using scuba team to look for him now

That definitely doesn't sound good.
Nope...we lost a college student right in front of my Oswego St. dorm into Lake Ontario during the winter of 77-78. He wasn't recovered for about 2 months and about 20 miles away.

Nope...we lost a college student right in front of my Oswego St. dorm into Lake Ontario during the winter of 77-78. He wasn't recovered for about 2 months and about 20 miles away.

I went to RIT - winters at that school get downright depressing and miserable. I guess they've built quite a few new structures around the campus to give it more of a community feel but when I was there in the mid to late 90's it was a bunch of government looking buildings in the suburbs of Rochester surrounded by desolate swamp land.

I went to RIT - winters at that school get downright depressing and miserable. I guess they've built quite a few new structures around the campus to give it more of a community feel but when I was there in the mid to late 90's it was a bunch of government looking buildings in the suburbs of Rochester surrounded by desolate swamp land.
IMHO, RIT has one of the ugliest campuses

I went there as well...has a definite penitentiary feel to it. Haven't been on campus in 8 years, but when I left they were progressing with plans for a shopping center/student housing on the empty land facing Jefferson.

IMHO, RIT has one of the ugliest campuses

4 year graduation rate at the school right now is 28% - that should tell you something. And not all those kids are dropping out, a lot of them just leave. I had a lot of freshman friends that transferred out, I want to say the retention rate for freshman when I was there was in the 50-60% range.

I remember that night well. I lived in Funnelle as did that kid. The whole dorm was on lock down as they were trying to figure how many people were missing. I guess a bunch of kids from that floor went walking on the ice. Not real smart.

Still looks the same. My son went there for two years and then transferred. Still not sure what the appeal of that school is

Proximity to Nick Tahoe's and Sal's Birdland?

It's a hike from RIT to either one of those two places. Not like Geneseo where you walk out of the Bar right onto main street and Aunt Cookies Sub shop.

It's a hike from RIT to either one of those two places. Not like Geneseo where you walk out of the Bar right onto main street and Aunt Cookies Sub shop.
The IB is closed/closing.
Aunt Cookies still the same, right down to the Galaga/Ms Pac Man game.

I knew that - grew up in Rochester and my brother went to RIT. Just trying to be funny.
The-failure-club-what-can-we-learn-about-outbound-marketing-jimmy-hovey.jpg

when i was there if you didnt have a car you never left the campus. no place to go without a 15-20 min walk with no sidewalks.

FYI - I did not mean to make light of the events mentioned in this thread. :(

Fervently hoping that things turn out for the best.

4 year graduation rate at the school right now is 28% - that should tell you something. And not all those kids are dropping out, a lot of them just leave. I had a lot of freshman friends that transferred out, I want to say the retention rate for freshman when I was there was in the 50-60% range.

A lot of RIT's programs are 5 year programs with required co-op experiences. I know all of their engineering majors require taking semesters off to get work experience. Also, one of my best friends is an accounting major there and she's taking this semester off to co-op, so I'm guessing it's common across more majors than just engineering.

One of the reasons I chose Clarkson over RIT.. I get through in 4 years with my internship experience coming in the summer. Also, I couldn't stand to live in Henrietta.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom