Jake Moreland New TE Coach at Syracuse | Syracusefan.com

Jake Moreland New TE Coach at Syracuse

Looks like he first crossed paths with Lester at Elmhurst in 2003, and later at WMU.

Stephen Bailey ‏@Stephen_Bailey1 4m4 minutes ago
Lester mentioned keeping in contact with Moreland last season. Definitely someone he's comfortable with after working together at WMU.

th

Not the individual i heard. What is the scoop on this guy

If another coach is leaving and is replaced by a Florida recruiter then I am ok with this hire, but if not.. Well we better kill it in the Midwest

They. Just. Don't. Get. It.

hey now. His Western Michigan bio says that he is assistant TO the offensive coordinator. When a guy like that is available, you need to pull out all the stops.

Also nice to know he once got a hole in one. Shafer probably wants him in his golf foursome.

Not the individual i heard. What is the scoop on this guy

Elmhurst College 2003: TE Coach
St Peters College 2004: Special Teams Coordinator and Offensive Asst.
WMU 2005-11: TE Coach
Air Force 2012-14: TE Coach

Stephen Bailey ‏@Stephen_Bailey1 2m2 minutes ago
Moreland (TE) and Lester (QB) also played together at Western Michigan from 1996-99. Together in Broncos' record books.

They. Just. Don't. Get. It.

Well, we knew it was likely going to be a minority hire so Rocco at that spot doesn't work if that's what you were thinking. I guess the big positive is that he comes from a TE-heavy offense, but the blocking rather than the catching kind.

"Assistant to the OC" at WMU? Spotter in the coaches' box?

WMU has killed it in recruiting considering they are a MAC school. I wonder how many kids he has brought in? I welcome him to the family and hope he is ready to kick butt in the Midwest because we still have a recruiting hole in Florida

djorange1989 said:
WMU has killed it in recruiting considering they are a MAC school. I wonder how many kids he has brought in? I welcome him to the family and hope he is ready to kick butt in the Midwest because we still have a recruiting hole in Florida

He coached at Air Force the last two years.