Jake Olson Hired as Operations and Recruiting Assistant | Syracusefan.com

Jake Olson Hired as Operations and Recruiting Assistant

OrangeXtreme

The Mayor of Dewitt
SYRACUSE, N.Y. – A former Syracuse football intern, Jake Olson has been named the Orange's operations and recruiting assistant, head coach Dino Babers announced on Friday, Dec. 9.

Olson will assist Director of Operations Brad Wittke in the management of team logistics, including helping organize the daily schedules of student-athletes, coaches, and staff. In addition, Olson he will perform various administrative duties for the recruiting department.

Olson Hired as Operations and Recruiting Assistant

CzP0xRYXcAIh4M2.jpg

Good stuff. Tom Herman has said the most important people on his staff are the S&C coach (like a second head coach - spends the most time with players when he's not allowed to) and the Dir of Ops (takes all the admin stuff off his plate and allows him to focus on what he needs to do). I only mention Tom Herman because I listen to sports radio in Austin and I thought his comments were insightful.

If we are beefing up either the S&C staff or the Dir of Ops staff, that's a good move in my opinion.

Head college coaches get so much support now, all they have to do is fly around and recruit for a few weeks a year and talk to their staff about how they are going to game plan their next opponent. Who needs the NFL?

Lol. Long story short...

SU: Sorry - we are at our absolut max for full time hires.
Me: Hey it's okay I understand.

*2 months after I leave*

6 full time hires have been made with 2 more to come.

:noidea:

Lol. Long story short...

*2 months after I leave*

Bad timing, and I feel for you. But I am happy SU is hiring more support staff to help the football program become more competitive in the ACC and the country.

Lol. Long story short...

*2 months after I leave*

Seems like Dino might have used some leverage to get more staff, when the school didn't want to hire any more. Pure guess. One of the things he felt the AD wasn't following through on.