Class of 2015 - G Jamal Murray (ON) Verballed to Kentucky | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 G Jamal Murray (ON) Verballed to Kentucky

This is so frustrating. I mean I love Battle, but that recruitment is in no way a lay up. Personally, with what I saw from the team this year, and how damn good Murray is, i'm starting to lean in the Murray > Battle camp. Would love both, but sanctions are going to make that impossible. I would still try to find a way to take both if possibly, but grab Murray if you think the chances are greater. I don't even want to think of what happens if we miss on Battle, and Murray is already gone.
It does have a bit of a "bird in the hand" feel to it, with regard to Murray.

Francis03 said:
Murray at the Canada's version of the Burger game tonight. Tariq Sbiet@Tariq_NPH · 46s47 seconds ago Jamal Murray final stats- 29pts,8rbs,10ast,3stls. 12/21 FG - I'd guess that's another MVP performance.

Ok, so you know how I've been a big Battle over Murray supporter...Yeah well I've since reconsidered. Call this kid and offer now!!!

It's killing me to know that Murray has stated numerous times that Cuse is his dream school and to keep seeing this kid put up monster numbers in big games...yet we haven't offered him. This kid is a total stud, so the staff is going to have some 'splainin' to do if Battle doesn't end up in orange!

tumblr_m4syx5lpRP1qbgyx2o1_500.gif

asj410 said:
It's killing me to know that Murray has stated numerous times that Cuse is his dream school and to keep seeing this kid put up monster numbers in big games...yet we haven't offered him. This kid is a total stud, so the staff is going to have some 'splainin' to do if Battle doesn't end up in orange!
How do we know for sure we haven't? Maybe Murray is JBs silent verbal?

S
Somehow Duke will get them both. :mad:

Speaking of Duke they just picked up a commitment from a sleeper Center Antonio Vrankovic. Syracuse had been evaluating him, and were on deciding on whether to offer him or not because of concerns with DC. Looks like that option is now gone. I'm hoping they don't get Murray too.

We seem to be late to the party lately. I don't get it. Lot's of eggs in few baskets.

A big part of it right now is only 10 ships to work with coming up and before it may have been recruits uncertainty of our situation with post season and ships. The Murray thing just gets me. I don't understand why we don't talk to him and say look if you are sure you want to come to SU and will be in the 2016 class we would absolutely love to have you. Right now we are first come first serve for the final spot, hopefully some more open up after appeal. I can give it to you if your going to commit but if you are going to wait then I need to keep it for someone else. Be honest let him know and if he commits great and then you try to wheel and deal with Battle that they can play together. If Murray is unsure then you tell him to keep us in mind as time goes forward. I wouldn't even care if we informed Battle first and told him this is what we are doing because we absolutely need at least one stud guard in 2016 and it seems you are unsure so we have to cover our bases.

With Murray, it's not so much being late to the party. We've been on him for a long, long time. But we're just waiting to find out what happens with Kid Mamba, and by the time he decides, Murray may have already moved on.

A big part of it right now is only 10 ships to work with coming up and before it may have been recruits uncertainty of our situation with post season and ships. The Murray thing just gets me. I don't understand why we don't talk to him and say look if you are sure you want to come to SU and will be in the 2016 class we would absolutely love to have you. Right now we are first come first serve for the final spot, hopefully some more open up after appeal. I can give it to you if your going to commit but if you are going to wait then I need to keep it for someone else. Be honest let him know and if he commits great and then you try to wheel and deal with Battle that they can play together. If Murray is unsure then you tell him to keep us in mind as time goes forward. I wouldn't even care if we informed Battle first and told him this is what we are doing because we absolutely need at least one stud guard in 2016 and it seems you are unsure so we have to cover our bases.
Way I see is at the very worst, we have one schollie available for 2016. If we lose out on both Battle and Murray, come on man!
:eek:couchburncouchburncouchburn:eek:
And of course, there' always :vomit: