Class of 2015 - G Jamal Murray (ON) Verballed to Kentucky | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 G Jamal Murray (ON) Verballed to Kentucky

Adam Zagoria‏@AdamZagoria 1h
Ohio State & Georgetown called today on 2016 Canadian PG Jamal Murray. Phones will blow up June 15th.

Adam Zagoria‏@AdamZagoria 2m
Virginia just offered 2016 Athlete Institute PG Jamal Murray

Murray buzzer beater from a month ago at EYBL Session 3:

Nice shot. Looks like he already has a sweet stepback jumper that Kemba Walker seemed to master a few years ago.

I love how he wants that shot. Not the first (saw him end at least a couple of games this year) and obviously not the last. Kid's a true point, but he has no hesitation in pulling the trigger at any point. I think he rebounds the ball well, good passer. Might be a better scorer than Ennis and really to me, just has to focus on protecting the ball and move his feet well playing perimeter defense. Otherwise, he's the complete PG. He's another guy who will surprise with athleticism. Definitely a notch above Ennis in that category, but not to the point of MCW.

Nice shot. Looks like he already has a sweet stepback jumper that Kemba Walker seemed to master a few years ago.

Really? Yes, he made the shot, but wow, he's going to get that packed a hundred times if he doesn't learn to release it higher. He's been able to get away with it because he's a tall guard and played against Canadian competition.

Really? Yes, he made the shot, but wow, he's going to get that packed a hundred times if he doesn't learn to release it higher. He's been able to get away with it because he's a tall guard and played against Canadian competition.
I think it was more a time/distance issue than overall form.

New to forum but lurking on this site for about a year. Huge Orange fan for ago time and now floating the southeast watching CUSE ACC games. I saw this on Syracuse.com, that Syracuse commit made the U17 Team. Now, is this a slip up? or just a mistake? I would love to have Murray commit to the Orange.

Attachments

• bill iphone pics 333.PNG
    bill iphone pics 333.PNG
    243.9 KB · Views: 145
A real impressive multifaceted guard, let's keep the Canadian pipeline flowing. Battle is obviously great but I would be just fine if we had to "settle" for Murray and put me in the group that would actually prefer Murray. It's nice to have these issues where we can debate what top player we would rather have.

A real impressive multifaceted guard, let's keep the Canadian pipeline flowing. Battle is obviously great but I would be just fine if we had to "settle" for Murray and put me in the group that would actually prefer Murray. It's nice to have these issues where we can debate what top player we would rather have.

I saw there were games where Battle struggled at the point, and wasn't I reading that his EYBL team moved him back to 2G because they weren't gelling? This kid Murray seems like more of a combo with enough true PG in him that he will be able to actually play the position here and create opportunities for others.

I saw there were games where Battle struggled at the point, and wasn't I reading that his EYBL team moved him back to 2G because they weren't gelling? This kid Murray seems like more of a combo with enough true PG in him that he will be able to actually play the position here and create opportunities for others.
Yeah exactly. Battle seems to be leaning towards a scoring guard role in recent AAU ball. Starting to feel Murray might be a better fit running the offense. Who knows. Maybe we are recruiting both, especially considering Malachi is good enough to make a quick jump go the league. Richardson is that good. Battle could be an amazing 2 that just so happens to give you another handle. We could go for both.

Yeah exactly. Battle seems to be leaning towards a scoring guard role in recent AAU ball. Starting to feel Murray might be a better fit running the offense. Who knows. Maybe we are recruiting both, especially considering Malachi is good enough to make a quick jump go the league. Richardson is that good. Battle could be an amazing 2 that just so happens to give you another handle. We could go for both.
So a class of Murray, Battle, and Moyer? Where do I sign?

Moyer, Murray and Keita.

I'm liking this as a class too. If Battle wants to jump onboard though, I'm not telling him no.

Also would've been happy with Kodye Pugh, cuz SU hoops could always use 6'7" SFs from Baltimore.

Kevin