Class of 2015 - G Jamal Murray (ON) Verballed to Kentucky | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 G Jamal Murray (ON) Verballed to Kentucky

Isn't Keita really coming on of late?

I'm not sure which guy I prefer in Murry and Battle as far as their respective bball games. I be more than happy with either, but it seems Battle may not be as interested as he once so I'd prefer the kid who wants to play at SU more if that's Murray so be it. If we cannot offer Murray because it will hurt our chances with Battle I'd say we are probably better off moving on. We have had an offer and all the love out for Battle for 2 years and nothing is for sure there. I like others am rather confused as to why we have not at least offered Murry, he's an excellent player and will be a very good college guard IMO.

Honestly we may not have all that many needs in the 16 class but it does seem like we are always short a PG lately so sign me up for getting a PG, a big to go with Moyer.

Last edited:
Ok maybe I am crazy but his game kind of reminded me of Brandon Triche. I want to say there is nothing wrong with that.

This smell like a SU Recruit all day long. I would be shocked if Murray doesn't receive a CUSE scholarship offer and not on the roster in 2016.

Murray's summer mixtape. C'mon staff, just offer the kid already.

We should offer him asap. A talent like this is going to get offers from great programs soon and we could end up with neither player. I thought we were past this "all the eggs in one basket " mentality.

Nice. I really don't see why Battle couldn't fit in with Murray. I think they would actually really work well together.

Because Daddy Battle wants his son at PG, and if you had Battle & Murray together, you would be crazy to play battle at PG.

Because Daddy Battle wants his son at PG, and if you had Battle & Murray together, you would be crazy to play battle at PG.
Yeah, I get that, but it would be cool to have a dual lead guard lineup. But, they won't be the only guards on the team either. But, I like the idea of having two guys that can handle, distribute, shoot or attack, all while being lengthy defenders at the top of the zone. Taking turns being the lead guard. If you add those two to Howard, that is a three headed monster that would be tough to stop. Obviously if Kaleb is still here, then he would be the lead guard and it blows up all of that.

I asked this same quest in the Thon Maker thread, but probably more important here: Do we still have a "Canadian pipeline" or has bad blood been generated between JB and Ennis Sr?

I think if there has been a falling out, it will be nearly impossible to ever get another recruit out of Canada given the connections he has there.

I asked this same quest in the Thon Maker thread, but probably more important here: Do we still have a "Canadian pipeline" or has bad blood been generated between JB and Ennis Sr?

I think if there has been a falling out, it will be nearly impossible to ever get another recruit out of Canada given the connections he has there.
I don't think there's any cause for concern here.
"He was generally supportive,'' McIntyre said. "Obviously, he would've liked for him to come back for another year and work on some things like his body and his shot a little bit, but he was also more than comfortable with the decision.''

Doesn't seem to be anything out of the ordinary. Coach wants him to develop and stay for selfish reasons (ie, winning) and who could fault him? Kid would have only gotten better this season at the college level, but he had to do what is right for his basketball career. I get both sides.

I don't think there's any cause for concern here.
"He was generally supportive,'' McIntyre said. "Obviously, he would've liked for him to come back for another year and work on some things like his body and his shot a little bit, but he was also more than comfortable with the decision.''

Doesn't seem to be anything out of the ordinary. Coach wants him to develop and stay for selfish reasons (ie, winning) and who could fault him? Kid would have only gotten better this season at the college level, but he had to do what is right for his basketball career. I get both sides.

Good find on that quote. The question is, was this before or after the media concocted the story that Boeheim was trying to sabotage Tyler's draft potential and did or did not his dad buy into that crapola?

There is no bad blood between JB and Tyler's family. The whole thing was overblown by the media and was quickly water under the bridge. I was told by a good source that Tyler and his dad basically laughed JB's comments off and like Tee said above, it was just JB being upset at the moment that his star player wasn't returning. We're fine when it comes to recruiting and landing top talent from Canada moving forward.

There is no bad blood between JB and Tyler's family. The whole thing was overblown by the media and was quickly water under the bridge. I was told by a good source that Tyler and his dad basically laughed JB's comments off and like Tee said above, it was just JB being upset at the moment that his star player wasn't returning. We're fine when it comes to recruiting and landing top talent from Canada moving forward.

Cool, thank you. I am glad to hear that. The old press was trying their best to throw JB under the bus with his very mild comments about Grant and Ennis declaring. Glad the people who matter didn't bite on it.

Just read that Jamal may reclassify to 2015, which would be bad news for Syracuse since, frankly, there'd be no room at the inn, if Bryant is in fact on board.

Added that tidbit to the end of the piece I posted about Murray this morning: http://.com/so-whats-the-deal-with-jamal-murray/

Just read that Jamal may reclassify to 2015, which would be bad news for Syracuse since, frankly, there'd be no room at the inn, if Bryant is in fact on board.

Added that tidbit to the end of the piece I posted about Murray this morning: http://.com/so-whats-the-deal-with-jamal-murray/
Unless he is the silent verbal?

So you remember this guy, don't you? Well aside from late game heroics, apparently he's got ups too. When they slow some of these down, his head is way up there for 6'4-6'5.

Kid looks dynamic! Would love to have him in Orange. Wonder if the timing will work???

When will we know if he will reclassify?

I still think JB would rather have Kid Mamba than Murray in 2016.

My guess as to why no offer, is twofold:

1. Staff wants to see if he re-classifies first.

2. Staff wants to evaluate our chances to get Battle after his visit.

If Murray doesn't re-classify and if the staff doesn't believe they are the favorite to get Battle after the visit then I think an offer to Murray would be forthcoming soon thereafter.

If Murray doesn't re-classify, I just don't see us leaving him on the table for too long unless we really, really like our chances with TB.

Not hoping for this but how about if someone transfers? Buss? Doesn't that theoretically permit JM in 2015 and TB in 2016? If the TB camp can't handle that (and when have we ever successfully recruited a kid with a demands like this?), he's probably not the right fit anyway as a short term rental.

Recent highlights of Murray. Fact is that he would probably be our best guard right now if he played for us this season.
Yeah, the kid looks like a complete lead guard. So what is the deal? If he stays 2016, we have a great shot, although we seem to be looking at him as a backup for Battle? And if he moves into the class of 2015, we have no room?

Yeah, the kid looks like a complete lead guard. So what is the deal? If he stays 2016, we have a great shot, although we seem to be looking at him as a backup for Battle? And if he moves into the class of 2015, we have no room?
I'm 90% sure now that he'll be in the 2015 class. How things will shake out all depends on who leaves and if the staff thinks it's worth bringing him along with Frank. I wouldn't have to think twice of bringing him along if he's available in the spring.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom