Class of 2015 - G Jamal Murray (ON) Verballed to Kentucky | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 G Jamal Murray (ON) Verballed to Kentucky

I'm 90% sure now that he'll be in the 2015 class. How things will shake out all depends on who leaves and if the staff thinks it's worth bringing him along with Frank. I wouldn't have to think twice of bringing him along if he's available in the spring.
Agree 100%. He is a special point guard. We will be sorry if we don't land him.

How about this scenario Mr. Francis. We miss out on Thomas Bryant, but Jamal Murray AND Thon Maker (high school teammates) reclassify to 2015 and want to come to SU as a package. What is the likelihood? Greater than 0%? Of course the roster would have to work itself out, but I am a big fan of both of them, so long as Maker isn't planning on just auditioning for the NBA.

How about this scenario Mr. Francis. We miss out on Thomas Bryant, but Jamal Murray AND Thon Maker (high school teammates) reclassify to 2015 and want to come to SU as a package. What is the likelihood? Greater than 0%? Of course the roster would have to work itself out, but I am a big fan of both of them, so long as Maker isn't planning on just auditioning for the NBA.
Maker's recruitment is all about having the best relationship with his handler. JB and the staff has shown 0 interest in developing one with that guy at this point. If Bryant goes elsewhere then maybe desperate times equal desperate measures but I doubt it. Nice fantasy though.:)

I'm 90% sure now that he'll be in the 2015 class. How things will shake out all depends on who leaves and if the staff thinks it's worth bringing him along with Frank. I wouldn't have to think twice of bringing him along if he's available in the spring.
No kidding...this team is starving for playmaking guards.

In a perfect world for me he stays in the class of 2016, we offer and he accepts. That gives us a PG in 14, 15, 16 plus Murray and Howard are guys that are skilled enough to play alongside another PG. I know I know Battle but how much better is battle really going to be than Murray? I actually like Murray's shot better than Battle's although Battle is probably more explosive and looks a little quicker.

jordoo said:
In a perfect world for me he stays in the class of 2016, we offer and he accepts. That gives us a PG in 14, 15, 16 plus Murray and Howard are guys that are skilled enough to play alongside another PG. I know I know Battle but how much better is battle really going to be than Murray? I actually like Murray's shot better than Battle's although Battle is probably more explosive and looks a little quicker.

Plus Battle = almost guaranteed one and done, whereas Murray should be a multi year player. I do love Battle's game, but Murray isn't far behind, if he is behind at all.

I am a fan of names and other things that i feel may be under-appreciated at times. Thon Maker is a great name as it is. Does anyone know what his middle initial is? Would it be possible for me to give him a nickname like the old sports centers, in between his first and last name? I want to jump the bus and beat OttoInGrotto for this one and make him another "G". ;)

Murray picked up offers from Maryland, Indiana, and Wake Forest today. Expect more to roll in since it's inevitable that he'll be a 2015 recruit in the spring.

I am a fan of names and other things that i feel may be under-appreciated at times. Thon Maker is a great name as it is. Does anyone know what his middle initial is? Would it be possible for me to give him a nickname like the old sports centers, in between his first and last name? I want to jump the bus and beat OttoInGrotto for this one and make him another "G". ;)
A. - nickname would be "Mile".

The 2015 thing pretty much puts an end to us with Murray IMO. I just don't see how it works out since we need to open a spot for Bryant as it is and we will have 4 guards and 3 2/3 guys on the roster next season unless something changes. If he stayed in 2016 it was possible thing would have played out further with Battle and we wound up with Murray but for 15 I just don't see it.

The 2015 thing pretty much puts an end to us with Murray IMO. I just don't see how it works out since we need to open a spot for Bryant as it is and we will have 4 guards and 3 2/3 guys on the roster next season unless something changes. If he stayed in 2016 it was possible thing would have played out further with Battle and we wound up with Murray but for 15 I just don't see it.
Yeah, tight squeeze. You never know 100%, but if 2015 becomes a given, he gone.

Yeah, tight squeeze. You never know 100%, but if 2015 becomes a given, he gone.

Be interesting to see where he ends up and how he does. I really like his game a lot. Is Nova involved? I could see him doing great there the way Jay Wright utilizes guards that could be PG's but aren't necessarily.

Be interesting to see where he ends up and how he does. I really like his game a lot. Is Nova involved? I could see him doing great there the way Jay Wright utilizes guards that could be PG's but aren't necessarily.
Come on, man. I just ate! :)
Yeah, he's just a flat out gamer named Mr. Clutch. Going to be a good scoring combo on the next level. His passing is underestimated as well.

The staff doesn't seem to have much interest in him.

the 2015 reclass has got to be the reason we never offered Murray. Maybe Ennis dad clued is in on him reclassifying? Bryant is definitely a much more of a need position player too bad because Murray is going to be great player in college and most likely the NBA

Bummer about Murray reclassifying, if that does happen. I imagine we're looking harder at Kobi Simmons or Howard Washington now? Anybody else in play?

DEAR LORD this kid is good.
No conscience, man. Like a defensive back. He's going to do what he pleases and no one will sway him otherwise. Sounds familiar and I like it.
628x471.jpg

Was told today that Michigan St and Illinois sits up top his list currently. Mizzou and Oregon due to program connections will also be in the mix. He'll be a hot commodity whenever the 2015 move is made in the spring. So look for things to get very interesting here.

Was told today that Michigan St and Illinois sits up top his list currently. Mizzou and Oregon due to program connections will also be in the mix. He'll be a hot commodity whenever the 2015 move is made in the spring. So look for things to get very interesting here.
@coreyevans_10

Jamal Murray is a walking triple double. Not much he can't do. Downhill driver with toughness. John Beilein & Oregon ast here for him #NPSI

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom