Class of 2015 - G Jamal Murray (ON) Verballed to Kentucky | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 G Jamal Murray (ON) Verballed to Kentucky

Whitey23 said:
@coreyevans_10 Jamal Murray is a walking triple double. Not much he can't do. Downhill driver with toughness. John Beilein & Oregon ast here for him #NPSI
We still got this guy on ice, waiting for battle?

Not an expert on this, but I've read that he is likely to reclassify to '15. If so, no room.

I think the staff sees his game as more of a SG and not a PG. Malachi fills the need at SG.

The guy goes to Orangeville Prep?! That is amazing. How is he NOT coming to play here?

I see we're not among the list of schools recruiting him, but any idea if we've still maintained some contact...or are we in Battle-or-Bust mode for a '16 PG?
All in for Battle, but you got other PG's like Howard Washington, Kobi Simmons, and Tony Carr that the staff has shown interest in. No contact or interest with Murray in months. Seems like if the Murray camp finds a good situation for next season then he'll sign with somebody in the spring. If he stays in prep ball then he'll be draft eligible in 2016. I think when all said and done he'll end up signing somewhere in the spring to showcase his skills for one season.

All in for Battle, but you got other PG's like Howard Washington, Kobi Simmons, and Tony Carr that the staff has shown interest in. No contact or interest with Murray in months. Seems like if the Murray camp finds a good situation for next season then he'll sign with somebody in the spring. If he stays in prep ball then he'll be draft eligible in 2016. I think when all said and done he'll end up signing somewhere in the spring to showcase his skills for one season.
Best of luck to the kid either way. Good game and a gamer.

There's a school of thought that Murray may be one those players who benefits from physical advantages he has in HS that won't be there at the next level.

Just something to keep in mind...

There's a school of thought that Murray may be one those players who benefits from physical advantages he has in HS that won't be there at the next level.

Just something to keep in mind...
I can understand those concerns and the same was said about Dion coming in. I share those same views and concerns on Isaiah Briscoe when it comes to the next level, which is why I wasn't tripping about missing out on him. He mostly relies on a power game which he's able to get away with in HS, but I think his lack of foot speed and athleticism will eventually get exposed. Murray on the other hand is different because he not only relies on his physical advantage, but he's a very good shooter with unlimited range and can score from all three levels. Plus you're talking about a player who is mentally tough and brings a Tyler Ennis like maturity on the court from day one.

I can understand those concerns and the same was said about Dion coming in. I share those same views and concerns on Isaiah Briscoe when it comes to the next level, which is why I wasn't tripping about missing out on him. He mostly relies on a power game which he's able to get away with in HS, but I think his lack of foot speed and athleticism will eventually get exposed. Murray on the other hand is different because he not only relies on his physical advantage, but he's a very good shooter with unlimited range and can score from all three levels. Plus you're talking about a player who is mentally tough and brings a Tyler Ennis like maturity on the court from day one.
Admittedly haven't watched much of Briscoe since Ennis graduated and he committed but always felt he had and old mans game. Slowed down, in control and as mentioned physical.

Reminds me a bit of G too...that multi crossover was ridiculous.
Call me crazy but if Murray reclassified to 2015 and we have an open scholarship, I would prefer Murray to Bryant. I feel semi comfortable with DC, Diagne, and McCullough at the 5, and if we lose G I would like to see us have a playmaker who can score and get others involved in a variety of ways.

Murray doing Murray things.

I've probably commented this on every vid posted of Murray since last spring...but his shot release has improved so much. It's amazing how some programs haven't offered since Maker's camp basically said they want him to play with a point just like Murray.

I really wish we went after Murray. I know the staff is all in on Battle, as they should be, but these two could easily co-exist.

Murray is a much better shooter, especially from the three. Battles is great off the dribble and shoots well from mid-range. He's an ok three point shooter. Murray has a great handle too. I still have some shooting concerns with next year, especially if G leaves. Name me a freshman, besides GMac who came in as a freshman and shot the ball well.

It seems like there have been several posters that have been talking about Silent G leaving. What is the chance of this happening? I would think that he would come back as long as we don't get another year. Any of the insiders know what the chance is of this happening? We could have a sick team if everyone is healthy and they all come back.

It seems like there have been several posters that have been talking about Silent G leaving. What is the chance of this happening? I would think that he would come back as long as we don't get another year.

SU fans doing SU fan angst things.

murray's my favorite prospect since Waiters.